RS2 Horizon Level Completely Off.... Anyone Else?
11702 19 2020-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mo Khayat
lvl.1

United States

I balanced the A7siii with a 20mm lens from Sigma.  Everything is excellent as far as balancing goes.  But when you set the Rs2 down, you can clearly see that the horizon level is completely off.  This is on the roll axis.  If you pick the gimbal up to record, it's worse.  I've seen this type of post with older gimbals but DJI has never responded.  Is there a solution to this?
2020-10-29
Use props
lajaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

I have a similar problem on the RSC2 with a Fuji X-T3. Noticeable rotation counter-clockwise.
EDIT: Solved this by going into Advanced/Horizontal Calibration settings.
2020-10-30
Use props
mdripper
lvl.2
United States

Im having the same issue with my RS2. U tried the horizontal calibration and it corrects itself as soon as the calibration starts but then reverts to being not level as soon as the calibration ends.
2020-10-31
Use props
thundermonkey
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue.  I have to manually tune the horizon by 1.4 degrees clockwise.  Works, but would really rather have it be able to correct itself.
2020-10-31
Use props
GHOST_SHOOTER
lvl.1
United Kingdom

EXCACTLY the same issue here, will DJi respond?  Has anyone called technical?

As mentioned above, workaround was 1.3 degrees trim for me....
just in case you cant find it swipe left, scroll down to more, horiz calibration then Tune Manually.

Never had this issue with Ronin S, though.
2020-11-1
Use props
Trev B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470341 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same issue, and the manual horizontal adjustment solved it. Hopefully it'll be fixed in a firmware release.
2020-11-2
Use props
vladidj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Same issue here. Nothing helped. Replaced gimbal at the service center.
2020-11-6
Use props
vladidj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Same issue here. Nothing helped. Replaced gimbal at the service center.
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_E20UrrM76PBK
New

United States

I’m having the same EXACT issue! I wasn’t sure how to manually correct this by 1.3° Hopefully DJI will address this defect.
2020-11-7
Use props
cheynetd
New
France

Same situation for me also...
2020-11-10
Use props
oblivie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 891598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes DJI.... help???? Where the support????
At 11:20 in this video
https://youtu.be/XyX4J8JFwYk
2020-11-16
Use props
matt123456789
New
United States

Yes same here. I've used gimbals for the last 5 years. My first outing with the RS2, switching from the Crane 2, and I had this horizon issue. I would turn it off and back on and it would fix it for a bit. I will try the "manually tune the horizon by 1.4 degrees clockwise" but damn, for the price of this gimbal I have yet to see why I spent the money. I have a tolerance for BS with tech and understand it takes time to get right. But you've been informed about this problem a while ago and it still exists.
2021-4-17
Use props
Alurkoff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213543 ft
Australia

Same here. -1.4 degrees correction on all takes with buildings or horizon. And let's not forget Canon C70 support damit.
2021-5-23
Use props
titahi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 534783 ft
New Zealand

Pretty disappointing. Day one out of the box it's crooked by at least 1deg roll. I've lodged a case with DJI pre-sales support to pass on to Professional Post Sales support for gimbals as they don't seem to have the ability to be directly contactable.
2021-8-27
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

I am having the same problem on my RSC2 the horizon is way off. Has anyone found a fix for this? I don't have the option to change the degree by -1.4
2021-10-14
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

lajaro Posted at 2020-10-30 18:07
I have a similar problem on the RSC2 with a Fuji X-T3. Noticeable rotation counter-clockwise.
EDIT: Solved this by going into Advanced/Horizontal Calibration settings.

I also have an RSC2 but the Advanced/Horizontal Calibration setting didn't help
2021-10-14
Use props
sujeng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72015158 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

Hi!!!
I'm using Ronin RS3 Pro with an m600 Pro. I had this exact same issue, but saw a guy on youtube using the Ronin S GPS External Module (https://store.dji.com/pr/product/ronin-s-external-gps-module?from=search-result-v2&position=0). I bought it and it solve 90% of the issue! And it makes perfect sense. The big Ronin 2 and Movi Pro both have gps for attitude information. It is like the RS2, RS3 and RS3 Pro are incomplete and you have to buy things to make them complete. Still, I am very, very happy with the results.

IMG_8138 Medium.jpeg
IMG_8137 Medium.jpeg
2022-11-13
Use props
GeForceGinger
lvl.1

United States

Me too.              I cant figure it out.  Not happy                                 
2023-4-25
Use props
Eli Ljung
New

United States

Yup.  Could not figure out why the horizon was slightly off even after calibration on a level surface (it was always coming up slightly rolled counter-clockwise.).  Then I noticed that when I just visually sight across the horizontal carbon fiber crosspiece at the back of the gimbal to the horizontal platform the camera sits on, they are not aligned!  These two surfaces should be perfectly parallel at all times, regardless of what the gimbal motors are doing (they are physically connected by a series of right angles that shouldn't be anything other than right angles).

It looks like what happens is that the camera platform droops slightly under the weight of the camera when you unlock it to make a vertical balance adjustment, and locking it again does not correct this droop but instead locks it in place.  You can get a better alignment if you apply upward pressure under the camera while you lock the vertical balance lock, but still, it's actually really difficult to get it perfect.  At least with my unit, even with upward pressure the locking mechanism seems to drive the platform a half degree or so down from true horizontal.  Not an ideal design!
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_HqAFBZpYZcyl
New

United States

thundermonkey Posted at 2020-10-31 18:23
I have the same issue.  I have to manually tune the horizon by 1.4 degrees clockwise.  Works, but would really rather have it be able to correct itself.

I also had to manually tune the calibration to 1.4
2023-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules