Will you replace your Mavic mini for a mini 2?
123Next >
7985 114 2020-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

unixhaj Posted at 10-30 01:15
The controller is too big.. I've partly bought mine to bring on motorcycle trips and a large controller isn't a plus for that..

I agree, I wonder why they could not make it like the mavic pro RC.
2020-11-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ESchimidt Posted at 10-30 01:24
If DJI accepts the MM as a payment method, yes.

You can do a trade up.  They will purchase your mm or any other drone for a cost.
2020-11-1
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

thE29 Posted at 10-30 05:28
The big difference between MA2 and Mini2: THE WEIGHT and enough regulations based around 250g.

That's a very good point.
Like in software, there are some bugs and flaws that have to be corrected for the next versions.
The first ones to buy act as testers!!!!
2020-11-1
Use props
Dirtfishingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235397 ft

United States

I returned my mavic mini when I saw the 2 was soon to be here.  But flew my friends mavic air 2 and I just ordered mine tonight.  I love  mini it lacked settings
. After seeing the ma2 and obstacles avoidance work. It was amazing
2020-11-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Lucas775 Posted at 11-1 13:29
I'll most likely pick that one up as well and sell my M2pro like what I have done to my previous Mavics.

2020-11-1
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Don't throw yourself on the Mini2 of its release wait until next year for the mini 3, which will have collision sensors before the 8k 60fps, follow me mode, waypoint etc
2020-11-1
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

G-ERAM Posted at 10-30 07:37
Yes, accepted in many parts of the world but in UK and EU, if I understand the regs that change on Dec 31st correctly, any drone with a camera will require registration regardless of weight.

Yeah, you need to registrate it. But you still have more regulations >250g ;)
2020-11-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 11-1 13:31
Once you fly occusync you'll never look back.  Occusync doesn't mean you'll fly out of VLOS it will just have a better connecton between drone and RC.

This is what I was asking, in a wifi dense area ive flown 4900 feet. Is Ocusync2 going to net me more range in the same environment that i was only able to achieve on WiFi? (No yagi//para used)
2020-11-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-2 03:07
This is what I was asking, in a wifi dense area ive flown 4900 feet. Is Ocusync2 going to net me more range in the same environment that i was only able to achieve on WiFi? (No yagi//para used)

You will get furthermore than 4900’ and you can easily triple that length, BUT with how light the mini is going to be you also have to be aware of wind and wind gust because the mini does not have the weight capacity (unlike the M2pro which I have) to fly against the wind and possibly running out of battery and end up loosing your drone.   
2020-11-2
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-2 03:07
This is what I was asking, in a wifi dense area ive flown 4900 feet. Is Ocusync2 going to net me more range in the same environment that i was only able to achieve on WiFi? (No yagi//para used)

Yes, very likely. There's a big difference in range and signal stability between MM (wifi) and MA2 (occusync).
2020-11-2
Use props
unixhaj
lvl.2

Denmark

Flormo2002 Posted at 10-30 16:48
Buy a bigger motorcycle. Lol
Mine fits fine.

I like my small motorcycle..
2020-11-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 11-2 03:52
You will get furthermore than 4900’ and you can easily triple that length, BUT with how light the mini is going to be you also have to be aware of wind and wind gust because the mini does not have the weight capacity (unlike the M2pro which I have) to fly against the wind and possibly running out of battery and end up loosing your drone.

I'm well aware of the current mini's abilities and this was only a test, even on that flight I didn't notice I was flying into a small headwind. At 50% battery I turned around only to find myself flying at 1/3 the speed, I dropped altitude and made it home with 14% battery. It just goes to show no matter how much testing you do "Here" 2500feet away is a different story especially at altitude.

Sounds like it'll be a nice improvement to my day to day flying, thanks.
2020-11-2
Use props
TomAir9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314144 ft
United States

I'm waiting for Mavic 3 Zoom with a larger sensor.
2020-11-2
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

If I get off my behind and get the Part 107 thingy so I can finally fly commercially I'll be looking at something like the Mavic 2 pro or (by the time I get around to the 107) a Mavic 3 or 7. I have a few customers asking for aerial stuff. Last time I did aerial for profit I was in a helicopter.

As far as the Mini 2 I don't see much that would cause me to upgrade to the Mini 2.
2020-11-2
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No I would not, my mini can already fly beyond my visual range so why would I want to spend an extra whatever just to have the latest thing, I don't need to keep up with the 'whoevers' lol
2020-11-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

From what I heard for the price of the Mini2 it is better to buy the Mavic Air 2.  
2020-11-2
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would buy the drone by itself, if it was an option, and link it with the smart controller
2020-11-2
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I do like upgrades in form of 4K and occu, but that bulky remote is killing it :/
2020-11-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 11-3 00:36
I do like upgrades in form of 4K and occu, but that bulky remote is killing it :/

That would be  deal breaker.
2020-11-3
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

Can’t see any reason, my mini does everything I need. If it had follow me I would but that won’t be happening.
2020-11-3
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, Mainly for 4K and Occusync but may not be right away as I only carry the mini when I travel internationally but given the current situation. I won't be doing it till at least 6 months to a year after the vaccine introduction. For domestic use, I have my Air 2.
2020-11-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... if you use the MM as a "flying camera" in the immediate vicinity, then the MM is completely sufficient!
2020-11-4
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

I bought my MM 2 months ago. I will only trade if DJI trades in my MM and at an additional fair price on top.
2020-11-4
Use props
Figuitolacasito
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25184 ft
Spain

Hello, FIrst of all, sorry for my english.
I am a amateur photographer and I feel cheated by DJI and I will explain my reasons.
MM2 should have been the first MM.

- Occusync and not the "AMAZING" wifi connection (400m distance where I live and I live in a small village)
- Raw photos (It can be add to the MM by firmware and I think they will not)
- 4K (in my opinion, I would prefer RAW in my MM1 than 4K but I think 2.7 it is ok)
- Batteries ( more wind resistance but just a pair minutes of autonomy)

As I said, it is my opinion and I feel so dissapointed with DJI.

Friends, fly safe.
I hope you and your family be fine.

Hugs from Spain.

2020-11-4
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

Figuitolacasito Posted at 11-4 11:00
Hello, FIrst of all, sorry for my english.
I am a amateur photographer and I feel cheated by DJI and I will explain my reasons.
MM2 should have been the first MM.

I tend to agree with you.
I feel like we who bought MM were used as guinea pigs and that now that DJI will actually be releasing the M2 correcting the "bugs" of MM, we will be left with the white elephant in our hands.
2020-11-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoy flying the Mini between flying my other drones. I'll hold tight until the Mavic 3 starts tempting me.
2020-11-4
Use props
Figuitolacasito
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25184 ft
Spain

Zed_Br Posted at 11-4 13:29
I tend to agree with you.
I feel like we who bought MM were used as guinea pigs and that now that DJI will actually be releasing the M2 correcting the "bugs" of MM, we will be left with the white elephant in our hands.

YeS! This is exactly what I think.
I think we are not going to receive much more and better updates and we will be forgotten whith our MM...
It make me feel upset with that company.
2020-11-4
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zed_Br Posted at 11-4 10:56
I bought my MM 2 months ago. I will only trade if DJI trades in my MM and at an additional fair price on top.

Being realistic how could they do that? They have to make a profit and giving a fair price i.e. one that comes close to the value on the 2nd hand market, for used minis would cost them a fortune.
What are they to then do with the Mini '1's they have bought back?
There is always going to be the "next upgrade " as long as people keep buying into the "I must have the latest thing thing", so why complain about it when it happens.
2020-11-4
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

Sean-newbie Posted at 11-4 16:16
Being realistic how could they do that? They have to make a profit and giving a fair price i.e. one that comes close to the value on the 2nd hand market, for used minis would cost them a fortune.
What are they to then do with the Mini '1's they have bought back?
There is always going to be the "next upgrade " as long as people keep buying into the "I must have the latest thing thing", so why complain about it when it happens.

I respect your point of view, but If the company were clearer about their future launches / road map of their products, they would be better for the customers and also for the investors and certainly, having good products, it would bring much more profit.
2020-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30348 ft
Panama

I am thinking of staying with my mavic mini but choosing other brand when replacing it later. I feel that dji has left me hanging with a Mavic mini that is already outdated within a year. Sucks to spend 499USD hoping to get a nice deal, just to realize 10 months later that they are offering the same drone with better features like more powerful motors, better controller and better camera. Even though I still like mi mini, the least they can do is offer a firmware upgrade that would allow me to get the same panorama and photo sphere like the new one so that these drone can achieve the same functions but it's up to dji to retain customers or loose them because of this!
2020-11-5
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo Posted at 11-5 05:33
I am thinking of staying with my mavic mini but choosing other brand when replacing it later. I feel that dji has left me hanging with a Mavic mini that is already outdated within a year. Sucks to spend 499USD hoping to get a nice deal, just to realize 10 months later that they are offering the same drone with better features like more powerful motors, better controller and better camera. Even though I still like mi mini, the least they can do is offer a firmware upgrade that would allow me to get the same panorama and photo sphere like the new one so that these drone can achieve the same functions but it's up to dji to retain customers or loose them because of this!

DJI love to drop support for "old" devices pretty fast - look what happen with air1
so always keep this in mind, that as long as there is no SDK support for 3rd party,
What You get now = that's all ;)
or to be honest - sometimes with future updates we can get even more restrictions (geozoning lockouts in updates) compared to freefly @0day ;)
2020-11-6
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

Already on the way. Got $260 in trade in so not bad.
2020-11-6
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

Replacing my Mini by a Mini 2 ? No . Litchi and drone link is cheaper ...lol
2020-11-6
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

I tried M1 and imho it was kinda garbage in every aspect that matters for a drone... poor connection, mediocre video/photo quality, no raw, no pano etc.
But M2 seems to be something else entirely. The only thing missing (for me) is the active track. But... eh, i think i can live without it considering it is half the price of Air2
Just got mine today, updated it etc and tomorrow i hope i will have time to see what it can do
2020-11-6
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

Why replace the Mavic Mini ?
Have them both and love both of them.
If I try to sell it now, I don't get so much for it, and I will use it when I'm out on ride with my motorcycle, easy to fit in the bags on the bike and I'm flying in the near of myself when I'm resting on my pause's on the travel.

The Mini2 for "everyday use", nice to have the older Mavic Mini's batterys even for the new drone, therefor I will keep the old one also.

Fly safe !
2020-11-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MavicMats Posted at 11-21 21:06
Why replace the Mavic Mini ?
Have them both and love both of them.
If I try to sell it now, I don't get so much for it, and I will use it when I'm out on ride with my motorcycle, easy to fit in the bags on the bike and I'm flying in the near of myself when I'm resting on my pause's on the travel.

Sold my mini a week after my mini 2 came, what a night and day difference.  Stay safe!
2020-11-21
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

I'll be picking up a mini 2 soon, I was going to sell my first but decided to keep it. The remote is dead and I can't in good faith sell a controller that has a dead battery, I could fix the battery beforehand but It's not a big enough issue that I care to fix for myself, one flight per charge has been good enough.
2020-11-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just bought the mini2 after i decided the mini 1 was no longer suitable for me.  here's the top reasons (in order):

1.got the mini2 at a price i could not resist.  didn't need to buy the combo since i already have 5 original batteries and a ton of accessories (from the previous combo) that may/may not fit.
2.it pretty windy around here and i recall repeatedly trying to fly mini with little success; it wasn't fun at all.
3.i believe in occusync and will be delighted when/if my smart controller will be compatible.  using my iphone really sucks especially since the screen is not that bright.
4.im at the point where i can no longer watch 1080p video; need to shoot in 4k at a minimum
5.having purchased the mini1 at launch, the care refresh is expired.
2020-12-2
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

...occusync is not as effective as it seems...

Mini2 is a MARKETING GADGET.

All you fanboys need to realize this.

Litchi is the way for Mini1.
2020-12-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 12-2 08:44
...occusync is not as effective as it seems...

Mini2 is a MARKETING GADGET.

I replaced my mini 1 to a mini 2 and my occusync is working just fine and it is as good as my M2pro.  
2020-12-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules