Don't let the battery go low.
960 7 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raymond Day
lvl.1
United States

Had my OSMO Action video camera from June 15, 2019 at lest thats when order it from Amazon.

1st time I did not plug in the battery for a log time to my PC to get the videos off it and change it. So the battery went low. I did not notice it.

It was working super good and now it just don't turn on any more.

Bought a new OSMO Action same type. It works good. I charged up the battery and put it in the old one and nothing still.

Just before this filled out to repair it and have a UPS lable to send it back now.

Has this happend to any one else? I know I plug in my old battery to the new one and it turn on but the battery icon was showing red. I turn it back off and started put the battery that came with it. It was red too. So charged it.

Love this camera. Just wish it did not stop working. I pressed and hold all 3 botttons on it thinking some how it would reset it but nothing.

-Raymond Day
2020-10-30
Use props
Raymond Day
lvl.1
United States

O yes if I plug the USB-C in my computer now it just says "USB device not recognized The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."
-Raymond Day

2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good advice
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Raymond Day. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know about what happened with your DJI Osmo action. Please be advised that if the unit is not responding even if it is properly being powered on, we have an option for it to send it back for a proper diagnosis. Since you also tried to use the old battery on a new DJI Osmo action and it is working, I believe there's a concern with the old DJI Osmo action. Rest assured that if we send it in, it will undergo assessment and for us to know what is the root cause of the issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
Raymond Day
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 01:34
Hello there Raymond Day. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know about what happened with your DJI Osmo action. Please be advised that if the unit is not responding even if it is properly being powered on, we have an option for it to send it back for a proper diagnosis. Since you also tried to use the old battery on a new DJI Osmo action and it is working, I believe there's a concern with the old DJI Osmo action. Rest assured that if we send it in, it will undergo assessment and for us to know what is the root cause of the issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.

They got my camera and because it's about a year and a half old said out of covered by warranty so it could cost "Core Board Module" $158 "Repair Service Fee $65 so $223 But the new one I got cost about $245 at Amazon. Just $22 more for a new one. I though it be about $100 but this is just to much to pay to repair it.

Wish they would say what went wrong with it. I guess the battery went to low maybe they just have to reset it.

-Raymond Day
2020-11-6
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Raymond Day Posted at 11-6 05:23
They got my camera and because it's about a year and a half old said out of covered by warranty so it could cost "Core Board Module" $158 "Repair Service Fee $65 so $223 But the new one I got cost about $245 at Amazon. Just $22 more for a new one. I though it be about $100 but this is just to much to pay to repair it.

Wish they would say what went wrong with it. I guess the battery went to low maybe they just have to reset it.

So Raymond, are you passing on repairs and just being out shipping cost? and just have a parts OA. Or just put the saved money toward upgraded unit when available, if and when on might come out. Just a thought.
2020-11-6
Use props
Raymond Day
lvl.1
United States

3Recon Posted at 11-6 12:57
So Raymond, are you passing on repairs and just being out shipping cost? and just have a parts OA. Or just put the saved money toward upgraded unit when available, if and when on might come out. Just a thought.

I guess they can sent it back to me how it was. Maybe I can open it up and find a reset in it. Set it. I think that's all it needs. The battery went to low and it messed it up.

When it cost almost as much to buy a new one why pay for a repair.

-Raymond Day
2020-11-7
Use props
raymondday
New
United States

Raymond Day Posted at 11-7 03:38
I guess they can sent it back to me how it was. Maybe I can open it up and find a reset in it. Set it. I think that's all it needs. The battery went to low and it messed it up.

When it cost almost as much to buy a new one why pay for a repair.

It's been a while now and after mine did not work I got a new one fast. Been using it for I guess 2 months now.

This one has not auto switched to slow motion ever. I would stop and then the next time not see the screen I guess saying slow motion and take a video.

Then when I hook it up to my PC can see it is slow motion and did not want it to be. Good they have the sound file in there. Lots of times I had to edit it to speed it up to the sound file. I think 8 times.

But this new one never goes in slow motion. So I think something was wrong with the 1st one had from the start.

It cost more then buying a new one to repair it. For sure when they had it for $200 deal a while ago.

-Raymond Day
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules