2329 10 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rauma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1794291 ft
Italy

I have a Mavic Air 2 from March 2020.
Sometimes, the gimbal jerks when drone go forward o turning left/right.
I tried to recalibrate IMU, compass and gimbal without success.I want to clarify that the problem occurs even in the complete absence of wind.

I have, sometimes, the same issue also with my Mavic Air 1.

Look at the attached video. The issue starts from second 0:04...

2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you using an ND filter on the lens? Have you cleaned the back of the gimbal and around the gimbal motors. You can also try refreshing the firmware using Assistant 2 for Mavic. BTW the MA2 wasn't available to buy until May 2020 so I doubt you've has it since March
2020-10-30
Use props
Rauma
lvl.1
Italy

A J Posted at 10-30 01:15
Are you using an ND filter on the lens? Have you cleaned the back of the gimbal and around the gimbal motors. You can also try refreshing the firmware using Assistant 2 for Mavic. BTW the MA2 wasn't available to buy until May 2020 so I doubt you've has it since March

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, it was May not March

I don't use any type of filter, I always remove the protection before flying.
I tried to clean soflty the gimbal.
Firmware is the last available, but the issue was present also before
2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rauma Posted at 10-30 01:23
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, it was May not March

Given all of the troubleshooting you've done it sounds like you have a hardware fault with the gimbal. Neither of my MA2's do this.
So you can either live with it or raise a ticket with DJI and get it repaired/replaced under warranty
2020-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks faulty,  Id open a case with DJI.
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Rauma. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know and to read that you are having an issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2 gimbal. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if this issue occurs in Normal mode or Sports mode? In addition, was there any gimbal error showing on the DJI Fly App? Thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
Rauma
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 02:26
Hello there Rauma. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know and to read that you are having an issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2 gimbal. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if this issue occurs in Normal mode or Sports mode? In addition, was there any gimbal error showing on the DJI Fly App? Thank you.

I have never fly in sport mode, only cinematic or normal for 4K video record.
There aren't logs info or error messages during flying
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rauma Posted at 10-30 02:37
I have never fly in sport mode, only cinematic or normal for 4K video record.
There aren't logs info or error messages during flying

Hello there Rauma. Thank you for your reply and additional information. Please be advised that if the issue still persist even if we already calibrated the unit. We have an option to send it in for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-10-31
Use props
Rauma
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-31 05:59
Hello there Rauma. Thank you for your reply and additional information. Please be advised that if the issue still persist even if we already calibrated the unit. We have an option to send it in for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.

Thanks DJI Gamora,
I have already contacted the DJI technical service.
A technician told me that is a gimbal fault.
I have bought the drone from Amazon: I can replace it with a new one.
I don't want to wait for it to be checked and repaired, in this period the times are extremely long.
I hope to solve the problem.
2020-10-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rauma Posted at 10-31 09:37
Thanks DJI Gamora,
I have already contacted the DJI technical service.
A technician told me that is a gimbal fault.

Hi Rauma, thank you for the reply and the additional information. I'm looking forward to a positive result and a smooth process of the request in which option you will undergo. Again, my apologies for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-1
Use props
djiuser_WzRZ176V3Ake
New
Flight distance : 13563 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-1 01:24
Hi Rauma, thank you for the reply and the additional information. I'm looking forward to a positive result and a smooth process of the request in which option you will undergo. Again, my apologies for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.

was that issue ever resolved. this is my 2nd drone (first sent back bc of this issue)  and has same issue.
2022-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules