New DJI Pocket 2 Firmware Released (10/30/2020)
12Next >
15726 42 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.10.30
  • Firmware: v01.01.00.30
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.5.0
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.5.0

What’s New?
  • Added audio zoom.
  • Added ability to use Mini Control Stick to adjust zoom speed. Select Control Stick Speed under settings.
  • Added Directional Audio mode to Pro mode.
  • Added Glamour Effects to touchscreen.
  • Added ability to start and stop recording during livestreaming.
  • Optimized color for a more realistic and vivid color performance.
  • Optimized battery life of the wireless microphone.
  • Optimized system stability to improve user experience.
  • Optimized focus, metering, and color effects in some situations.
  • Optimized white balance effect under water (when using DJI Pocket 2 with Waterproof Case).
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

2020-10-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Good news. Now just need mine shipped.
2020-10-30
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Was hoping to see HDR on release. How long until v1.1?
2020-10-30
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Haha launching firmware update.
Improved focus. Great.
2020-10-30
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-30 19:21
Haha launching firmware update.
Improved focus. Great.

Hi Tide.

With luck everything will be fixed before you receive your unit

Ray.
2020-10-30
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
United States

Already received mine. Colors definitely seem much better than original Osmo Pocket.

'Added ability to start and stop recording during
livestreaming. '

Oh wow, does this mean we can live stream with it? That's new, and a welcome feature. Hope we can use it as a webcam.

Only issue I've had is now the tripod is stuck in the carrying case. I lightly twisted it in, now it won't twist out, and just spins and spins. that's just a heads up to everyone else and I hope somebody comes up with the solution soon.

Low light definitely seems better as well.
2020-10-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I saw in one video that the guy thought that the Pocket 2 could be angled on the tripod.  I suspect actually that he'd broken it.  Maybe it's a bit flimsy.
2020-10-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-1
Use props
goproland.ir
New

Canada

thank you dji team
2020-11-2
Use props
goproland.ir
New

Canada

thanks DJI
https://www.goproland.ir/product/%d8%af%d9%88%d8%b1%d8%a8%db%8c%d9%86-dji-pocket-2/

2020-11-2
Use props
qwer0077.hanmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3275328 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

After updating to the new firmware 0500 of the inspire2 that was uploaded this time, if the propulsion output has been limited to ensure battery health.When the guide appears, the speed of the aircraft decreases and the ascending and descending speed does not appear more than 2m/s. The battery is a new one that has been used about 3 times, and the output has been limited to ensure battery health. At about 50% of the remaining battery power, a notice appears. it is difficult to recover and very dangerous when it is far from the home point.If the battery is in poor condition, the notice appears faster.
2020-11-3
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878471 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-31 21:12
I saw in one video that the guy thought that the Pocket 2 could be angled on the tripod.  I suspect actually that he'd broken it.  Maybe it's a bit flimsy.

It does tilt and it is meant to in order to lay flat when connected to case.
2020-11-3
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Added ability to start and stop recording during livestreaming.

2020-11-3
Use props
fansdf03cece
New
Flight distance : 57201 ft
Hong Kong

After up to this new version my OP2 can't connect to my phone by typeC adapter , and I already reset OP2 and restore mimo APP still can't fix the issue

OP2 still works, also can connect to phone by wireless
My phone is asus zenfone 7 pro

i just get the product yesterday
2020-11-3
Use props
RayWong.
New
Flight distance : 57201 ft
Hong Kong

fansdf03cece Posted at 11-3 15:36
After up to this new version my OP2 can't connect to my phone by typeC adapter , and I already reset OP2 and restore mimo APP still can't fix the issue

OP2 still works, also can connect to phone by wireless
I had change a new" type C adapter" at DJI Service today.
They checked my OP2 units found out is the adapter died.
That's so UNLUCKY
2020-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Xb9sQe4TpIgS
New
Denmark

I can't make a new thread, because of these weird restrictions so I'm gonna have to post this here.

I cannot activate my brand new pocket 2. Not via wifi (op2 locked me out from saying 'yes') and the usb c adapter from op2 does nothing, but charge my phone.

I've had it connected via wifi, before the activation screen on the op2 locked me out and it seemed to work, i could atleast download the firmware. But when it asked me to use the usb adapter, the wifi connection dropped and the app went out of the activation steps and just returned to the homepage. I still plugged it in but it just saya something about "updating device information" which ultimately lead to nothing

Before anyone ask. I did reinstall the app, check if mtp is on and cleaned my usb port on my phone.
My suspect is that the usb adapter that came with the op2 is broken. Which means I'm stuck on the activation screen and can't do anything
2020-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Just in case - don't have a case on your phone when using that USB adapter.  But that's a long shot.
2020-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Xb9sQe4TpIgS
New
Denmark

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-4 06:25
Just in case - don't have a case on your phone when using that USB adapter.  But that's a long shot.

I tried shining a flashlight into my phone's port and found way more gunk than expected. It connected properly, after i went ham with some alcohol and cotton.

So this was a human error, but dji needs to stop locking the screen completely when connected to the wifi.
2020-11-4
Use props
Jnrmack
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The General Posted at 10-31 20:57
Already received mine. Colors definitely seem much better than original Osmo Pocket.

Same happened to me with mini tripod had to use long nose pliers to remove, had a hobby plier  set. the tripod does tilt its on a small ball joint. the screw may have something to do with the tension on the ball joint. i also find removal of the mini joystick and mobile adapter stiff .
2020-11-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have I gone nutty, or were the focus modes installed onto the screen, like the old Pocket?

I went out today and focus was not great. When I got home, I connected to my Mimo app and it showed Single Focus Mode so I switched it to Continuous Focus Mode. I couldn’t find it on the Pocket 2 screen.

Then because I connected, the update came down and suddenly I can change from Single Focus to Continuous on the screen!!

Please tell me I’ve not gone doolally .........
2020-11-6
Use props
Jnrmack
lvl.2
United Kingdom

is there a update so we can use the extension rod joystick to zoom in and out. also C1and C2 show a indicator when you change follow mode on camera screen but not on mobile screen, sorts of defeats the purpose of these two buttons ,when i can use the mobile to change the follow mode and a indicator pops up on the screen.
2020-11-6
Use props
fans744f7fcf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210417 ft
Spain

The General Posted at 10-31 20:57

You have to turn it counter clock wise to take it off. It's very simple first you need to angle the tripod legs in a 45 degree angle and then turn counter clock wise.
2020-11-8
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Received my Pocket 2 on Thursday 5th. Right after activation the new firmware installed automatically. Remembering with my original Pocket whenever a new firmware update is done to re-calibrate the Pocket, and everything was good to go right after that. Have not explored all the new features. Right now I'm planning on leaving the Do-It-All handle attached all the time as it makes the Pocket 2 ergonomically better. Its still pocketable(thats with the minitripod and the wireless mic module clipped on)
2020-11-8
Use props
playr
lvl.1
Poland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-6 10:10
Have I gone nutty, or were the focus modes installed onto the screen, like the old Pocket?

I went out today and focus was not great. When I got home, I connected to my Mimo app and it showed Single Focus Mode so I switched it to Continuous Focus Mode. I couldn’t find it on the Pocket 2 screen.

Focus mode is now in PRO settings menu.
2020-11-9
Use props
djiuser_nBLPUZvVZgjb
New

Hong Kong

Is activetrack supported during livestreaming? Can this work in Zoom?
2020-11-15
Use props
tomasdlc
lvl.1
Spain

The news of the last firmware update has disappeared in my Pocket 2, but internally it still appears that the update of October 30 is installed.
The problem has happened when the Pocket 2 battery has run out while using the device with the Mini Control Sctick and Do-It-All handle attached. After charging, when turning on the device, all the settings, including the selected language, had been lost, as if the camera had been reset.
Once I have reconfigured all the menu options, as I had them before this problem, I have verified that there were options that were missing, among them:
- The possibility of adjusting the zoom speed when using the Mini Control stick (in addition, the icon that shows on the screen, the mode in which the Mini Control Stick is, had also disappeared).
- The option to be able to choose the internal microphones that should act (all, only the front or only the front and rear).
When reviewing the details of the latest firmware update, I have seen that there were precisely those options that have disappeared, but in the device information the update v01.01.00.30 still appears as installed, so even though I connect the camera with the DJI Mimo application via usb or wifi, the application does not install the update again because it thinks it is already installed correctly on the Pocket 2.
I hope that when a new firmware update for the camera comes out, everything will be regularized, in addition to adding the news, but, is there a way to recover the lost options while that new firmware update comes out?
Thanks
2020-11-15
Use props
TReggieB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1404134 ft
United States

tomasdlc Posted at 11-15 09:18
The news of the last firmware update has disappeared in my Pocket 2, but internally it still appears that the update of October 30 is installed.
The problem has happened when the Pocket 2 battery has run out while using the device with the Mini Control Sctick and Do-It-All handle attached. After charging, when turning on the device, all the settings, including the selected language, had been lost, as if the camera had been reset.
Once I have reconfigured all the menu options, as I had them before this problem, I have verified that there were options that were missing, among them:

I have the same problem as well. NONE of the new features are available and Mimo reports the current firmware.
2020-11-21
Use props
djiuser_FqJI81tVngFl
lvl.1

Canada

Where can I see my current firmware version on the camera ?
2020-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_FqJI81tVngFl Posted at 11-21 19:24
Where can I see my current firmware version on the camera ?

Check page 7 of your manual!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_v1.0_EN_1030.pdf
2020-11-22
Use props
fans29e75ccc
New
Flight distance : 53094 ft
Netherlands

Still missing HDR Video
2020-12-4
Use props
Zjawa
New

Poland

Hello. I tried to do a live RTMP with Facebook. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Does anyone have a movie that it works? I'm missing a switch from a private account to a corporate Facebook
2020-12-4
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I just received mine and I did install the lastest firmware.
But the I am a little disapointed with the tracking on Pocket 2, because it is not working right.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_jI8pBS5VyFtf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51342 ft
  • >>>
United States

alexmbraMav Posted at 12-5 14:40
I just received mine and I did install the lastest firmware.
But the I am a little disapointed with the tracking on Pocket 2, because it is not working right.

I have to concur with the last post.  Active track has been a big disappointment for me so far.   In my experience with it, it tracks and then suddenly loses the subject no matter the lighting conditions.   The gimbal has the camera point straight up most times when the subject is “lost.”   I’m just looking forward to a firmware update that will fix and add the advertised features that didn’t make it when launched.
2020-12-13
Use props
e()ne B.
New

Ukraine

I need HDR for 2k 60fps at least !
2020-12-19
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

Is Firmware: v01.01.00.30 the latest fw? So there has been nothing new in 3 months?
2020-12-23
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

So Firmware: v01.01.00.30 is the latest?? Nothing new in 3 months? How about adding AEB and the ability to select different WB in Mimo? I can do all this with DJI Go 4! C'mon! Just paid $800 for a camera that is cripped from basic features......
2020-12-23
Use props
gshaw31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 901316 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello in the Mimo app it says that version v.01.02.00.50 is needed for Story mode and editing but it never appears.  Is V01.02.00.50 the current release of the software for the Pocket 2 or what?  If so when will it be available?
2020-12-23
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good day!
I have noticed some strange behavior when I connect the (super) DJI Pocket 2 to a power pack with the Do-It-All-Handle connected... Sometimes the gimbal starts to act insane and it will STOP working and stays in an angle. Then I need to unplug the USB-C connector from the Pocket 2 and it works again... This also happens when I do not even touch any of the controls of the Pocket 2. This is a BIG pity and very STRANGE... in order to use the Pocket 2 for a longer time you need more battery-juice. I have never noticed this using my DJI OSMO Pocket (first version).
I hope I can get an answer from DJI... of from other people who also experience(d) this.Hopefully this will be addressed in the new Firmware that should be on the way...

Happy Holidays and a Splendid 2021 with many interesting DJI-products (drones that can be used under the latest EU-regulation... etc. etc.)

Max
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_9YXgl9yzjGTF
New
Turkey

Fast follow good working but faster follow Mode May need. Not everyone likes stabilizers
2020-12-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules