How does one record a flight path?
4213 12 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Is there a way to save a flight path?  I have a hickory tree that turns a magnificent gold in the fall and I would like to fly exactly the same circular path day after day for a week.  I am using the POI and orbit now, but it is never exactly the same.  Is there a way to record the path and save it to be flown again?  With my P3A you could record “Waypoints” but the manual for my MA2 has different meaning for “waypoints”.  

2020-10-30
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Try Litchi
2020-10-30
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Litchi is saying they will be ready for the MA2 in December.  It works great for my P3A
2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only as a submode of hyperlapse with the MA2 using the fly app. For normal waypoints use a third party app if you can find one.
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello bob37, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. We currently only have a Waypoints feature which is the best option for what you need though you will need to set it from time to time as there is no option to save the flight path it does flew already, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.

2020-10-30
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

There are no third-party apps today that can control the Mavic Air 2.
2020-10-30
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Thank you all for your feedback.  Perhaps Litchi will be on schedule.  Too late for this fall, but perhaps i can get the tree budding out in the spring.  
2020-10-30
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-30 09:24
Hello bob37, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. We currently only have a Waypoints feature which is the best option for what you need though you will need to set it from time to time as there is no option to save the flight path it does flew already, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Paladin for passing the suggestion on.  Perhaps they could even incorporate the Litchi ability to make missions on the computer and then load into the drone.  It is a very powerful option with my P3A.  Once i used that feature of Litchi to fly 1.5 miles to a lake, did a loop around the lake and then flew back.  It was very scary because for half the flight i was out of contact with my drone!  It worked perfectly though.  Would be great if DJI fly could do that!
2020-10-30
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bob37 Posted at 10-30 10:01
Thank you DJI Paladin for passing the suggestion on.  Perhaps they could even incorporate the Litchi ability to make missions on the computer and then load into the drone.  It is a very powerful option with my P3A.  Once i used that feature of Litchi to fly 1.5 miles to a lake, did a loop around the lake and then flew back.  It was very scary because for half the flight i was out of contact with my drone!  It worked perfectly though.  Would be great if DJI fly could do that!

2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bob37 Posted at 10-30 09:56
Thank you all for your feedback.  Perhaps Litchi will be on schedule.  Too late for this fall, but perhaps i can get the tree budding out in the spring.

You're welcome
2020-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I want to do something similar and will be picking up Litchi when the time is right.
2020-10-31
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 02:15
I want to do something similar and will be picking up Litchi when the time is right.

Using a QR code for your avatar is cool!  Now I am looking at your Youtube set.  
2020-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bob37 Posted at 10-31 05:58
Using a QR code for your avatar is cool!  Now I am looking at your Youtube set.

lol.  - Link tree is pretty good,especially when you cant have signatures on the forum.   PS Im more active on instagram than Youtube.
2020-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules