Sony A7C Compatability
12Next >
17271 51 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ralejo
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone, just picked up the new Sony A7C yesterday and noticed it only has a USB-C port, not a mini USB port.  When connected to the RS2 it automatically tries to go into MTP or Mass Storage mode, and there's no way to disable that feature in-camera.  My a7sii allows me to set the USB mode to MTP, Storage, or PC...the A7C doesn't have that third option.  Does anyone know if there's something I'm missing here or if there will be a firmware update to support controlling this camera?  Thanks!

- Ray
2020-10-30
Use props
Prezmc
lvl.1
United States

While this is a different model, maybe the instructions for the A7R4 apply:
When using ② cables:
1. Set the camera to MF mode.
2. Select "Network" and then turn off "Ctrl w/Smartphone".
3. Set the USB Connection to PC remote.
4. The Optical Image Stabilization of the camera will be disabled when using ② cable, but OIS of the lens will not be affected.
5. When using the focus control electronically, if the lens has AF/MF modes, set it to AF mode, otherwise the electronic focus control function cannot be used.
6. ② cable and Ronin RavenEye Image Transmission System cannot be used at the same time.
Note: when using the ② cable, the camera may not be able to use playback. In this case, put the gimbal in sleep mode.
2020-10-31
Use props
MaverickPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186181 ft
United States

Hi Ray! I’m playing with my new A7C and DJI RS2 right now. Looks like I figured it out. The A7RIV instructions are NOT the solution.

1. You do not need to go into MF mode.
2. Go to Network on your A7C menu.
3. With the RS2 on and in sleep mode, you’ll see a PC Remote Function that’s now selectable in the menu. Select ON.
4. You’ll get a warning that there’s nothing connected to the camera to allow this function.
5. Double-tap the power button on your RS2 to activate the gimbal motors.
6. Voila! You’re connected!

Problem is, though, this only solves the MTP issue. I can now see my camera’s image on the camera’s monitor, but I still don’t have camera control through the gimbal. Anyone else out there solve this next step?
2020-11-3
Use props
ralejo
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies guys!  @MavericPilot - Following your instructions helped out, though not having control of the camera is definitely an issue that will hopefully get solved here soon with a firmware update.  
2020-11-3
Use props
MaverickPilot
lvl.1
United States

ralejo Posted at 11-3 15:34
Thanks for the replies guys!  @MavericPilot - Following your instructions helped out, though not having control of the camera is definitely an issue that will hopefully get solved here soon with a firmware update.

Yeah, I’m hoping so as well. I connected the RavenEye, and it’s quite cool! Subject tracking is accomplished through the RavenEye. From what I can tell thus far, the only functions we don’t currently have are the shutter/record button and integrated focus wheel will not control the camera.
2020-11-3
Use props
Akrion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311348 ft
United States

Same issue. Just got the A7C and noticed the lack of the multi port and the USB-C not working to control the camera from the RSC2. Really hoping that would be something DJI will address via firmware update. A7C is perfect for this gimbal.
2020-11-5
Use props
fans144d8a30
New

United States

I can confirm that on my A7c remote control not working. HDMI work fine
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thanks for your questions on the compatibility on the new Sony A7C. We will forward your voices to our camera testing engineers for further research and please keep an eye on our compatibility search page for the latest information: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2

Thank you!
2020-11-6
Use props
ralejo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 04:32
Hello there, thanks for your questions on the compatibility on the new Sony A7C. We will forward your voices to our camera testing engineers for further research and please keep an eye on our compatibility search page for the latest information: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2

Thank you!

Thank you DJI Wanda!
2020-11-6
Use props
stanleypotatoes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251142 ft
United States

So they put out a firmware update which includes support for the a7c. You can now control/press record on the gimbal with the usb c connected but the raveneye wont work if the usb is connected at the same time. Hopefully this is fixed as I spent $250 for the pro combo and cant even use it properly.
2020-12-7
Use props
ralejo
lvl.1

United States

stanleypotatoes Posted at 12-7 07:53
So they put out a firmware update which includes support for the a7c. You can now control/press record on the gimbal with the usb c connected but the raveneye wont work if the usb is connected at the same time. Hopefully this is fixed as I spent $250 for the pro combo and cant even use it properly.

Thanks for the update!  Yes I'm in the same boat with the purchase of the Pro Combo, as that was all that was really useful to me in that combo.  Maybe they'll figure something out by the next firmware update, but I'm not too hopeful as I have issues with my A7SII as well not being able to use the raven eye AND control via the gimbal at the same time (screen goes gray when connected to raveneye).  And that camera has been out for 5 years lol!
2020-12-7
Use props
stanleypotatoes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251142 ft
United States

ralejo Posted at 12-7 15:16
Thanks for the update!  Yes I'm in the same boat with the purchase of the Pro Combo, as that was all that was really useful to me in that combo.  Maybe they'll figure something out by the next firmware update, but I'm not too hopeful as I have issues with my A7SII as well not being able to use the raven eye AND control via the gimbal at the same time (screen goes gray when connected to raveneye).  And that camera has been out for 5 years lol!

Yea just kind of odd to me that they both work on their own, but not at the same time.
2020-12-8
Use props
AV8Robin
lvl.1
United States

I just updated to the latest DJI RS2 firmware and was happy to see that I now have Sony A7C control (focus, record), but have now lost RavenEye control.  More specifically, my RavenEye app displays my camera's image ONLY while the RS2 is in sleep mode.  But when I turn on the gimbal motors, the RavenEye screen goes black.  Is this a DJI issue, or a Sony issue?  It appears ALL Sony users, regardless of camera type, are running into similar issues.  What a frustrating ordeal!
2020-12-8
Use props
David_RR
lvl.1

Austria

AV8Robin Posted at 12-8 17:37
I just updated to the latest DJI RS2 firmware and was happy to see that I now have Sony A7C control (focus, record), but have now lost RavenEye control.  More specifically, my RavenEye app displays my camera's image ONLY while the RS2 is in sleep mode.  But when I turn on the gimbal motors, the RavenEye screen goes black.  Is this a DJI issue, or a Sony issue?  It appears ALL Sony users, regardless of camera type, are running into similar issues.  What a frustrating ordeal!

Same issue here, definitely won't buy the RS2 until I can use it properly with my Sony. On other gimbals like the Crane it work's without any problems...
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_RQJ1syqtRiLU
New

Australia

MaverickPilot Posted at 11-3 17:55
Yeah, I’m hoping so as well. I connected the RavenEye, and it’s quite cool! Subject tracking is accomplished through the RavenEye. From what I can tell thus far, the only functions we don’t currently have are the shutter/record button and integrated focus wheel will not control the camera.

Hi - I am still not able to record with Raveneye connected and Sony a7c connected. Can only go into picture mode but the video mode still shows up as black on the phone screen. Has anyone figured out how to solve this? Super annoying!
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_RQJ1syqtRiLU
New

Australia

Also paid for the combo which is useless to me now!
2020-12-9
Use props
fansd41948fd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28045 ft
United States

Same issue here. Any update? What is the firmware version that you have in your A7C? And in the ronin? Thanks
2020-12-16
Use props
csbonito
New

Honduras

I need A7C to be compatible with the Ronin S.
2020-12-21
Use props
djiuser_qzixKFBu1A6J
lvl.1

Sweden

My a7c is not working with My Ronin SC, is there a firmware update coming for it soon?
2020-12-21
Use props
ralejo
lvl.1

United States

I can't say anything about the RSC or RS, but with the new RS2 firmware update I can confirm that I can at least control the camera now.  Still need to try raveneye at the same time though.  For sure they work separately though.  Hopefully they'll put a fix out shortly.  Thanks for all the help fellow users!
2020-12-21
Use props
fans1adaba08
lvl.2
Flight distance : 741 ft
New Caledonia

just bought a SONY A7c and a DJI RSC 2 Pro combo...unfortunately ! Cannot use Panorama, cannot use ActiveTrack...
I am really disappointed.
I hope an update will be release as soon as possible.
2020-12-22
Use props
bmharvey92
lvl.1

United States

With the new firmware update the A7c is really close to being compatible with Raveneye.

One thing that helped was turning PC remote ON

Also turn Control with Smartphone OFF

Lastly, the order that you plug the cables in seems to make a difference if one thing is not displaying or working.

The last issue Ive had to make this work is that when I press record on the gimbal, the phone screen goes black, and I lose the active track.

But when I press record on the camera body, sometimes the screen will stay on, but its not quite reliable.

Were begging for a firmware update for this if it can be done!

The a7c is going to be a very popular camera until the a74 arrives.
2020-12-26
Use props
Pixelfit
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Yesterday bought RS 2 Combo and A7C. Never thought that there will be a connecting problem with the devices. It's very frustrating. Really hope there will be firmware update so we could use Raveneye and all the features.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_u2WeWdN22G4x
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys give this method a try, search YouTube:

Sony A7C Raveneye Setup and Black Screen Fix

2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_kHT0lMPmqe3M
lvl.2
Australia

I'm having these issues as well, though I'm starting to suspect they're bugs on Sony's side with their HDMI out when USB PC control is used.
2021-1-11
Use props
fansef847ced
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-6 04:32
Hello there, thanks for your questions on the compatibility on the new Sony A7C. We will forward your voices to our camera testing engineers for further research and please keep an eye on our compatibility search page for the latest information: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2

Thank you!

2021-1-13
Use props
fansef847ced
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-6 04:32

Thank you!
Will there be a firmware update for the SC? My A7c is still unable to be controlled via USBc.
2021-1-13
Use props
ralphp
lvl.2
New Caledonia

hello, there is a new Beta firmware for DJI RSC2 : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233572
There is no notes about Sony A7c compatibility.
I didn't test it yet.
2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansef847ced Posted at 1-13 20:48
Will there be a firmware update for the SC? My A7c is still unable to be controlled via USBc.

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We will send this information to our camera testing team for the reference. Please keep an eye on our firmware update, thank you.
2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LetoExperience Posted at 1-15 08:51
Will there be a firmware update for the Ronin S ?

Hello there, our engineer is working on the new firmware for the Ronin-S/SC. Please keep an eye on the forum and the release note section on https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads for the latest information, thank you.
2021-1-22
Use props
Kazimir
New

United States

I got my Ronin RSC 2 today and was trying to get the Raveneye to work and stumbled on a fix. I had the same issue where if I had the gimbal and Raveneye plugged in my phone screen would just go black.
To fix this:
- With everything hooked up and your phone on put the gimbal in sleep mode
- On your Sony A7C open up your playback
- Turn back on your gimble, your Raveneye should now work.

You do have to do this everytime you power it back on but until they fix it with a firmware I hope this helps.
2021-1-27
Use props
Dadas88
New
Italy

[fixed] Hi Everyone,

Same issue: A7C - SC2 problem with the usbC cable.

I can't access the camera, let alone control it.
Really disappointing as they are both pretty high-end products, very popular.

Any news about a fix?

Thanks to you all.

2021-2-9
Use props
Dadas88
New
Italy

Guys I'm sorry but I think that I've talked too soon.

The SC2 conncets just fine with the A7C.

I've followed the DJI instructions in the compatibility section of their website (SC2 and A7C) and it simply does work: i can control the camera and everything.
I am not using the Raveneye, so I don't know about that setting etc. but without it is working.

I hope this might be useful for you as well.

(P.S. took me a while to find the "PC remote function", that is in the network section, under the Ctrl w/ Smartphone one).

2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_q5Ko6Lnl6J3p
New

United States

Are we really just going to ignore this major issue.

I’m at the point, professionally, that the ability to not have a monitor connected to the A7C, while the camera is connected to the RSC2 is affecting usability and efficiency.

DJI and Sony need to work together on firmware to update this.
2021-3-8
Use props
Paulo_INK
lvl.2
Qatar

EASIER SOLUTION WITHOUT UNPLUGGING CABLES

I'm happy to report that I have an even easier fix for this issue than what has been posted online thus far;

Step 1: Once everything is switched on [and set correctly!] and you get the black screen on the Ronin app, press the power button on the gimbal to put it in sleep mode.

Step 2: Press the play button on the a7c

Step 3: Lastly, press the power button on the gimbal to wake it up [take it out of sleep mode].

That's it! It's really that straight forward. No need to unplug cables like I've seen in other videos and posts online.

Hopefully DJI and Sony makes our lives easier so that we don't have to rely on these workarounds.
2021-3-18
Use props
McSpidey
lvl.2
Australia

Is there any indication when or if regular photo mode will work over the A7C's USB connection?
2021-3-29
Use props
ralphp
lvl.2
New Caledonia

Paulo_INK Posted at 3-18 07:21

I'm happy to report that I have an even easier fix for this issue than what has been posted online thus far;

Hi. It doesn't work for me...or maybe I do not set everything correctly...
2021-4-10
Use props
ralphp
lvl.2
New Caledonia

Dadas88 Posted at 2-9 11:20
Guys I'm sorry but I think that I've talked too soon.

The SC2 conncets just fine with the A7C.

still you cannot capture photos...so panorama and timelapse are not working...
2021-4-10
Use props
Paulo_INK
lvl.2
Qatar

Paulo_INK Posted at 3-18 07:21

I'm happy to report that I have an even easier fix for this issue than what has been posted online thus far;

I created a quick tutorial video. https://youtu.be/VdWoI3x2w1Q
2021-4-13
Use props
ralphp
lvl.2
New Caledonia

Paulo_INK Posted at 4-13 00:17
I created a quick tutorial video. https://youtu.be/VdWoI3x2w1Q

Great ! Can you describe cables connection ? I have a black screen on the A7c... Thanks
2021-4-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules