Sony A7C Compatability
17268 51 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paulo_INK
lvl.2
Qatar

ralphp Posted at 4-16 14:52
Great ! Can you describe cables connection ? I have a black screen on the A7c... Thanks

Note that the camera has to be in Movie mode for this fix to work. The A7C is connected to the gimbal on the port with “RSS” written on it, while the raveneye is connected to the gimbal on the port with the wifi symbol. The rest of the connections can be seen in the video. Also see attached images. Hope it helps. 2.jpg 1.jpg
2021-4-17
Use props
Paulo_INK
lvl.2
Qatar

Paulo_INK Posted at 3-18 07:21
EASIER SOLUTION WITHOUT UNPLUGGING CABLES

I'm happy to report that I have an even easier fix for this issue than what has been posted online thus far;

Note that the camera has to be in Movie mode for this fix to work.
2021-4-17
Use props
ralphp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 741 ft
New Caledonia

Paulo_INK Posted at 4-17 10:02
Note that the camera has to be in Movie mode for this fix to work.

Again, thank you for your time.
I found the "glitch" on my configuration !
The HDMI Info. Display must be on Off on the A7c in order to avoid black screen on the camera : menu Setup3 / HDMI Settings / HDMI Info. Display / Off.
2021-4-18
Use props
hidra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19583 ft
Indonesia

Is there any chance capturing photo to be supported for sony a7c + rsc 2?

2021-5-8
Use props
JimDaneker
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

New A7C user and very interested in the RSC-2 with Autotracking and Raveneye, but from what I gather, it seems like it's not all working as advertised, and it's hard to find definitive info. Before spending the (significant) extra money on the Pro Combo, can anyone confirm that the A7C is working great with the RSC-2?  Thanks!
2021-5-13
Use props
Danieldh
lvl.1

Switzerland

JimDaneker Posted at 5-13 12:42
Hello,

New A7C user and very interested in the RSC-2 with Autotracking and Raveneye, but from what I gather, it seems like it's not all working as advertised, and it's hard to find definitive info. Before spending the (significant) extra money on the Pro Combo, can anyone confirm that the A7C is working great with the RSC-2?  Thanks!

It’s not completely!  All photo modes don’t work on A7C (panorama, time lapse etc) and the RavenEye tracking in the Pro ed. has a black screen issue that is annoying (but there are workarounds).  Also I believe the digital zoom also does not work and I doubt the physical zoom works due to most lenses extending during zoom and zoom ring being too heavy for the focus motor to move.  As for the rest, the gimbal works as advertised and hence if you just want to do video work with great stability then this is still possible.
2021-6-17
Use props
Paulo_INK
lvl.2
Croatia

Danieldh Posted at 6-17 03:27
It’s not completely!  All photo modes don’t work on A7C (panorama, time lapse etc) and the RavenEye tracking in the Pro ed. has a black screen issue that is annoying (but there are workarounds).  Also I believe the digital zoom also does not work and I doubt the physical zoom works due to most lenses extending during zoom and zoom ring being too heavy for the focus motor to move.  As for the rest, the gimbal works as advertised and hence if you just want to do video work with great stability then this is still possible.

Photo modes now work after the July firmware update. I made a video about it.
2021-8-12
Use props
ralphp
lvl.2
New Caledonia

Paulo_INK Posted at 8-12 14:32
Photo modes now work after the July firmware update. I made a video about it. DJI RSC2 July 2021 Firmware Update: A7C and A7S3 Photo Modes Work - Time-lapse & Panorama

Thank you Paulo.
2021-8-18
Use props
ralphp
lvl.2
New Caledonia

new and first firmware update for SONY A7C : ver 1.01, check SONY website.
Unfortunately you still have to follow Paulo's trick in order to use Raveneye and Ronin.
2021-8-21
Use props
djiuser_ljOA5lg4Rvck
New

United States

So I’ve done the firmware updates (on all 3) a7c, rs2, and raveneye. Before I didn’t have camera control via the ronin but after the firmware upgrade I do. However, now I’m only getting a black/grey screen with raveneye. I tried the sleep/playback button trick but every time I wake it up it goes back to the black/grey screen on my phone. I also tried the whole turning off of the pc remote trick and got nothing. Help help!!
2021-11-11
Use props
MeehowBuilds
lvl.1
United States

I'm really hoping there is a fix for this soon, The work around doesn't work every time, its really annoying. This set up should just be able to turn on and work, all this cable disconnecting and reconnecting to get things to work is a pain.
2021-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules