Gimbal Broken on 2 separate drones after upgrading Firmware
701 4 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaliDrone408
lvl.1

United States

Hello Forums, I am an experienced pilot with multiple DJI drones and have never had any problems over the past 2 years of flying Mavics and Phantoms. However, this past week I was prompted to upgrade firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro from 1.00.0510 to 1.00.0670 and ever since the gimbal has not been working properly. Usually what happens is, the drone will takeoff just fine and fly 1 flight normally. However, after landing and taking off for a 2nd time, during this 2nd flight the gimbal stops holding at the appropriate pitch, and starts moving erratically. Even after returning home, the gimbal was shaking violently from side to side, even after calibration. I tried downgrading this drone back to version 1.00.0510, and now the problem won't go away, even after upgrading to 1.00.0670 again. My drone is essentially bricked, has anyone else encountered something similar, or know how to help with this?
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello CaliDrone408, thank you for reaching us out and I'm sorry to know regarding your concern. So that we can further assist you with this matter, please get in touch with our DJI support team. Proper resolution will be given you can refer to their support link page https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Please keep us posted for further help and thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Posts like this one, keeps me from updating to the new firmware. Is the extended range worth the risk of something like this happening?
2020-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

xagoras Posted at 10-30 15:29
Posts like this one, keeps me from updating to the new firmware. Is the extended range worth the risk of something like this happening?

Ive not noticed any range improvement since doing the update,  so don't feel left out if you havent upgraded.
2020-10-31
Use props
CaliDrone408
lvl.1

United States

xagoras Posted at 10-30 15:29
Posts like this one, keeps me from updating to the new firmware. Is the extended range worth the risk of something like this happening?

I would definitely recommend avoiding this update, not worth at all.
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules