70748 50 2020-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LunaRoks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105079 ft
Portugal

Hello

Brand new mavic air 2 , flown a couple of times with it 20 minutes or so, today tried to use it and keep getting rc can't coneect to mobile device

Mobile is an S8 and it worked ok previously

When I connect mobile to RC with usb-c cable the charging warning on the mobile keeps popping up every 5 seconds

Tried reinstalling DJIFly still no go

is it faulty already ?

Bruno
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello LunaRoks, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Kindly refer to the steps below to ensure that the mobile device is connected to the remote controller.

1. Disconnect and reconnect the Micro USB cable (from the mobile phone and the remote controller). Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting the Micro USB cable.
2. Restart the remote controller.
3. Try to reinstall the app and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.
4. If you have a different device like an iOS that can be used please check if that is working fine to isolate the issue.
5. You may need to enable USB debugging. Follow the steps below:
a. Navigate this from your mobile phone: Settings > Developer options.
(If Developer options is not available) Do this instead: Settings > About phone > Software information then tap Build number seven times.
b. Ensure the 'Developer options' switch (upper-right) is turned on
c. From the Debugging section, tap USB debugging to turn on or off.
d. If prompted, tap OK to confirm.
6. Lastly ensure that the firmware is at the current version. You can check it under the Camera view of the DJI Fly app then tap three dots on the upper right corner. General settings then About.

If the issue persist, please get in touch with our DJI support team for us to be able to help you further. Proper resolution will be given you can refer to their support link page https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Please keep us posted for further help and thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
LunaRoks
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-30 12:27
Hello LunaRoks, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Kindly refer to the steps below to ensure that the mobile device is connected to the remote controller.

1. Disconnect and reconnect the Micro USB cable (from the mobile phone and the remote controller). Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting the Micro USB cable.

Hi, tried it, not working

And in the "About" tab I cannot see any version at all all options are NA and if I check for firmware updates it pops up message of aircraft not connected

Edit- Forgot to mntion, tried connecting the rc to another S8 phone, and it shows exactly the same problem charging info with percentage of charge on phone popus up every 5 seconds like it appears to be reseting connection, and when I disconnect cable phone dims up a little, nothing else
2020-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LunaRoks Posted at 10-30 17:35
Hi, tried it, not working

And in the "About" tab I cannot see any version at all all options are NA and if I check for firmware updates it pops up message of aircraft not connected

Hi LunaRoks, my apologies if the issue didn't fix. You will need to ensure that the Aircraft and the Remote controller are connected to each other. To link them you can follow this steps below.
1. Turn on the Aircraft and the Remote controller.
2. Simultaneously press and hold the two customizable button and the Photo/Video button (Shutter/record) at the top.
3. You will hear a beeping sound from the Remote controller.
4. Press and hold the power button of the aircraft for atleast four seconds until the beeping sound is gone. That means the remote controller and the Aircraft are now link.

You can now try and connect the mobile device using the cable and see if it is working. You can also refer to the video tutorial below on how to link the remote controller to the aircraft.
If the issue persist. Please contact our DJI Support. Thank you.

2020-11-2
Use props
LunaRoks
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello
I did it again just now and still not working.
Anyway the drone is connected to the remote I can control it, just not to the remote and I get the red notice on the app Rc not connected to mobile device.

This is definitely not working
2020-11-2
Use props
fernando_s971
lvl.2

Brazil

Any updates on that?
2021-6-15
Use props
LunaRoks
lvl.1
Portugal

Yes remote was faulty, sent it back got replacement
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_VOKcut6k8bSc
New
Flight distance : 76227 ft
Zambia

I have the exact same problem. Rc won't connect to phone, just happened out of the blue too after working for about 2months.
Tried all of the above, but no luck, must assume it is a faulty remote. Problem being that I am busy on a road trip through Africa, so not sure I will get much support around here.
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_aJPxZ2QXqx6z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33360 ft
Canada

Same here with the Mini 2 and Samsung S10e
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_Sv3tLjln0zfS
New

Nigeria

fernando_s971 Posted at 6-15 11:55
Any updates on that?

Rc not connecting to android phone and av used them together b4 now
2021-10-15
Use props
ManiJay
New

United States

Same issue here. Mavic Air 2 and all of a sudden the phone is not connecting to the drone. I can fly it with in sight but nothing else. My phone is a Galaxy S21 Ultra.

It used to work with my Galaxy S10+ but I haven't flown it in about 9 months and since changed the phone and I have no access to my S10+ anymore. This is the only thing that changed and I need the drone in a week for travel [which is the whole reason why I bought it]. Help!
2021-10-31
Use props
Spoonz
New

South Africa

Hi, just bought myself the Mini 2, experiencing the very same problem, any help here. I use a Samsung A8 2018 with an Android 9 ops system.
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_gXhoKDamGvrC
New
Philippines

Same Issue here. It is OK when i first flew it. i did not use it for about 6 months and suddenly can't connect now.
2021-12-5
Use props
MtnYeti
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here with Mavic Air 2
RC simply will not connect to the iPhone through the app.

I tried all troubleshooting avenues available to a consumer, up to and including exchanging for a whole new fly more package.

Pretty confident this is an app based issue that needs to be fixed.

Details on my un-responded issue and steps took here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-254708-1-1.html
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_7auZxIdef9TQ
New

Malaysia

Hi my DJI action 2 is unable to connect to my phone for activation.the app was unable to find the device.ive tried to connect it via Bluetooth but to no avail too.can someone assist me on how to connect it properly?
2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_ZnnbuCvnkLJK
New
France

I have now for app 3 years DJI Mini except in the beginning I got troubles connecting remote controller. After not using it for 6 month tried it again with all updates and now not working at all anymore. Cannot connect my Android device with the DJI Mini.
Expensive system but not working at all.
And the new app is mentioning that it need to be updated, but when opening the playstore there is no update available...

When connecting the phone to the RC I hear a beep from a connection with my phone, but message is still that RC not connected to mobile device.

500 Euros spent for a useless device. Not good PR for DJI.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_cAqMyI5XS6M2
New

Australia

Hi, android phone won’t connect to remote control. Apple phone allows flight fine. Connected with cable to RC with both phones. Solutions???
2022-1-5
Use props
Levi Drone
New

United States

My drone is a little more than a year old.  And now for the past four weeks I get the "RC not connected to mobile device" message.  I've tried on three different devices, with three different cables.  Nothing works but one thing: IF I leave the remote controller plugged in like it's charging then all of the devices (ipads, phones, etc) work and all of the cables work.   Sure it's not covered by warranty now since I have had it over a year which sucks.  $1,200 for a product that just stops working like this after fourteen months.

[Edit] So I just plugged the remote controller charger cord into my laptop via the USB instead of into the charger box that connects to an electric outlet.  I'm able to connect my phone to the remote controller if the remote conroller is plugged into my laptop and charging.  Guess this means I have to haul my laptop around while I operate the drone.  Tomorrow I'll by a power bank to see if this works as well......

2022-1-6
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Same here.  DJI Fly worked fine with my Galaxy S9 for years.  I couldn't fly for about a month and when I went to connect it all up and fly - no luck.  The phone would not connect to the remote.  I tried everything and gave up.  I bought an iPad Mini 6 which works perfectly.
2022-1-16
Use props
Māris Priekulis
New

United States

Same problem. Flew my Air 6 month ago - worked like charm. Switched to new phone - Samsung S21 Ultra, got stuck at connection phase 3 - where RC cannot connect to phone. RC is connected to Air - the connection between Air and phone is not happening. Need a solution DJI!!
2022-2-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Māris Priekulis Posted at 2-11 11:20
Switched to new phone - Samsung S21 Ultra, got stuck at connection phase 3 - where RC cannot connect to phone. ......... Need a solution DJI!!

And is the S21 Ultra listed as compatible?
2022-2-11
Use props
Dizinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 758474 ft
France

Same problem here...
I've been flying my drone for almost a year without any issue. One day some charging problems started, it was like the phone was connecting/disconnecting all the time and since last week it is impossible to get connection between the RC and the phone, but totally able to control de drone (of course not flying if I can not see the camera). I tried different Android devices and cables and I could connect any of them.
I asked for repair service and today I will ship my RC to DJI facilities. It has 1 year and 1 month, luckily in Spain we have 2 years of warranty.
From my point of view is totally an RC defective but lest see.

I have one trip in one month, I hope to have my RC back for it.

FYI, I am using a OnePlus 7Pro
2022-2-18
Use props
Andre K
New
Brazil

ManiJay Posted at 2021-10-31 08:59
Same issue here. Mavic Air 2 and all of a sudden the phone is not connecting to the drone. I can fly it with in sight but nothing else. My phone is a Galaxy S21 Ultra.

It used to work with my Galaxy S10+ but I haven't flown it in about 9 months and since changed the phone and I have no access to my S10+ anymore. This is the only thing that changed and I need the drone in a week for travel [which is the whole reason why I bought it]. Help!

I am having this exact same problem with Mavic 3
2022-2-27
Use props
Dizinho
lvl.1
Sweden

Dizinho Posted at 2-18 00:51
Same problem here...
I've been flying my drone for almost a year without any issue. One day some charging problems started, it was like the phone was connecting/disconnecting all the time and since last week it is impossible to get connection between the RC and the phone, but totally able to control de drone (of course not flying if I can not see the camera). I tried different Android devices and cables and I could connect any of them.
I asked for repair service and today I will ship my RC to DJI facilities. It has 1 year and 1 month, luckily in Spain we have 2 years of warranty.

FYI, the RC arrived to Germany and after the damage checked they are going to change the USB port.
I don't know if they will tell me something about what was the main reason or not: welding issue in the connection or what, but by checking all this post looks like there are some small issues in RC controllers from time to time.
2022-2-28
Use props
fansd27847a3
New

United States

I’m experiencing the same issue. I have a mini tune connected to an iPhone 12 max pro. Will it stop working one day. The crazy thing is that I used my girlfriends iPhone 13 and install the app and tested it and it worked fine. We have the same operating system I deleted the app and reinstalled it but it’s still not working on my phone. I tried my iPad Pro and still not working. Yet it still works on my girlfriends phone. This is Bizzarro.
2022-3-2
Use props
fansd27847a3
New

United States

I’m experiencing the same issue. I have a mini tune connected to an iPhone 12 max pro. Will it stop working one day. The crazy thing is that I used my girlfriends iPhone 13 and install the app and tested it and it worked fine. We have the same operating system I deleted the app and reinstalled it but it’s still not working on my phone. I tried my iPad Pro and still not working. Yet it still works on my girlfriends phone. This is Bizzarro.
2022-3-3
Use props
Dizinho
lvl.1
Spain

Dizinho Posted at 2-28 23:36
FYI, the RC arrived to Germany and after the damage checked they are going to change the USB port.
I don't know if they will tell me something about what was the main reason or not: welding issue in the connection or what, but by checking all this post looks like there are some small issues in RC controllers from time to time.

And finally my RC came back. They changed it as I sent the one from Mavic Air 2 and they shipped one from Mini 2 or Mavic Air 2S (cine instead of tripod; and landing button with a pause symbol also).

So I can fly my drone again
2022-3-9
Use props
Joseacute Miguel Veg
New

Chile

Hello, i used to have this problem and tried everything, until i removed the sd card and found that i had copied a movie in it, so format your micro sd cards before, at least that fixed my problem with the connection, or change the micro sd card, if it is corrdupted the drone will just freeze. Cheers!
2022-4-14
Use props
fans820de0b0
lvl.2
United States

SOLVED! I had the same problem with my RC not connecting to a new Android Tablet that I got because it had an HDMI output port on it that I planed to use with HDMI goggles to fly my Mini 2 FPV. The RC had always connected to my Samsung phone but would not connect with the tablet. The tablet worked fine with my Skydio RC though. I kept trying various cables and adapters including an OTG adapter and finally found a combination that worked every time! The first was with a specific USB A male cable into a USB A female to micro usb OTG adapter into a micro usb to USB C adapter then this adapter end into the RC  with the other end of the cable with the USB C connector into the tablet. Since then, I have found out that I can use the same combination with the exception of just using a USB A female to micro USB adapter in place of the OTG adapter. The thing that is very critical is a few USB A male to USB C male cables will work but most won't! I have onluy two that worked and one was short (about 5") and the other was long (about 3') so length does'n seem to matter. The only way of knowing which cable will work is to try it.
2022-6-28
Use props
Clemdrone31
New
France

ok

ok

fix it

2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_Uwwf0dOKIO6M
New

United Kingdom

Same problem:
DJI Mini 2 (brand new)
Galaxy S10+ Android
Dji fly App (from Dji website ios or android options)
Remote not connecting to phone. Unable to update anything.

Solve:
found own USB C to USB C cable to connect phone to RC.
This allowed RC and Phone App to work/sync. Was then able to update drone + RC + other updates.

Then turned everything off, once restarted the supplied cable then worked and the temporary one did not.

Drone fly's, App works, RC works. V.happy.
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_WCv7Gvcc7eq1
New

United States

Today when i started my Air 2s i got the same problem my phone doesn't connect to RC. I reinstall the app, i tried everything what i saw here in the forum but still not working

Update: i just tried with my wife phone Galaxy Fold 3 and it's working fine,  so my Galaxy Note 22 ultra is the problem
2022-7-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you changed anything since the last time you had the phone connected? E.g. updated the OS on the phone, removed and refitted the cable from/to the controller? If the latter and the phone is USC-C did you plug the correct end of the cable into the controller?
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_zfyI8M2FCqCq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28596 ft

Costa Rica

Mine connects to other my dad xiomi but it does the same that your controller when I try to connect to my samsun a03s. My phone connects to my brother dji no problem ... mini air 2
2022-7-15
Use props
djiuser_7xvtCeqDvrUW
New

United Kingdom

Sounds like a common problem here but I'll say it again. The DJI fly app won't open on my Google pixel 6 pro  aircraft is a mini se  it did work for a start then stopped  not happy with DJI
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_B4bvh2zvgvCy
New
Flight distance : 115276 ft
Bulgaria

Hello. Had the same problem not being able to connect controller to Android phone. Charging notification appeared every couple of seconds and connection did not happen at all with any cable.

FIXED it by connecting the remote to my laptop (charging) and meanwhile trying to connect again. Everything went smoothly, updated firmware and did not have problems ever since. Hope this helps. Cheers!
2022-8-22
Use props
djiuser_GnaSSknHA4JB
New

Netherlands

I had the exact same problem and restarting my phone worked for me. So maby you can try that.
2022-9-6
Use props
Bobkunath
lvl.1

United States

Looks like a lot of connection issues, me too. I have Mavic Air 2 which I had not flown in a year. During that time bought new Samsung 21 Ultra. Found old DJI Fly App disabled so I installed latest version today. Then tried to fly, but drone would not connect to RC. RC said firmware update was necessary so did that. Drone still will not connect, and a reason found in Help is unmatched Firmware. But Drone has to be same version to connect. Tried the three button force link but that did not work.  Any ideas?

2022-10-23
Use props
Jubba Gash
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have the same issue with my new Mavic3M; got into the field today to do a survey and couldn't connect the RC Pro to my android phone hotspot. Tried bluetooth on/off, forget/find etc etc. They find each other, connect and then drop.
Very irritating when I needed to stream NTRIP corrections. Sounds like DJI Support aren't giving a solution?
UPDATE: turns out it was me being the fool; have to use wifi hotspot, not bluetooth. That solved the device to device connection, now I have to resolve the unending 'RTK data converging...' issue!
2023-4-29
Use props
djiuser_OCRYJpt6UGaf
New
Flight distance : 52156 ft

United States

This is very disappointing. Pay over 1200 dollars and constantly need to spend hours fixing update issues
2023-5-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules