RavenEye password is not connecting
21245 25 2020-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse73701da
lvl.1

United States

Hi Everyone,

Trying to connect to the RavenEye wifi network on my iPhone but the password doesn't work. I'm using the password printed on the unit. No go. I noticed that the name of the wifi network as it shows up in my phone settings is different than the one printed on my RavenEye transmitter.

The network name that shows up to join on my iPhone wifi settings comes in as: "RavenEye-7937E5", but on the transmitter, the printed text reads "RavenEye-618BDE".

Is everyone finding that the name of the wifi network to join as it shows up in the phone settings matches what's printed on the transmitter? Looks like I have the wrong network logon settings printed on my RavenEye!?

I've tried the 12345678 password to connect the wifi, but no luck.

Any suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2020-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please try to press the power button six times to reset the default WiFi password 12345678, then you can change the password in the WiFi setting. See if this works. 1.png
2020-11-1
Use props
fanse73701da
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, Susan!

That did the trick. Haha, I first tried pressing the RS2 power button 6 times, but then realized you meant the power button on the RavenEye unit.

Thanks again!
2020-11-1
Use props
fans0cdf9d70
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-1 02:48
Hi there, please try to press the power button six times to reset the default WiFi password 12345678, then you can change the password in the WiFi setting. See if this works. [view_image][Image]

I have clicked the raven I six times reset the password to default.

It connects it asked me to change my password and then I cannot connect after that and I’ve done this process several times
2020-11-2
Use props
fans0cdf9d70
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-1 02:48
Hi there, please try to press the power button six times to reset the default WiFi password 12345678, then you can change the password in the WiFi setting. See if this works. [view_image][Image]

It connects with the default password
I open the app the light turns green
I’m prompted to reset the password
I reset the password properly combination number and letter

The light turns blue and it will not connect to Wi-Fi.

When I took this out of the box a few days ago it connected rather easily. It was great.

I have spent six hours repeating this process and it is not working. I am out of my mind frustrated
2020-11-2
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

..I think that is a problem of IOS  - you are not promted for a new password. Remove the REAVEN Eye Wi-Fi from you phone and  reconnect to the REAVEn EYE Wi-Fi you are now promted for the new password
2020-11-7
Use props
fans2d199957
New

Thailand

abase21 Posted at 11-7 02:18
..I think that is a problem of IOS  - you are not promted for a new password. Remove the REAVEN Eye Wi-Fi from you phone and  reconnect to the REAVEn EYE Wi-Fi you are now promted for the new password

and any help id there is not the raven eye in my Wifi list? It was there before and I type the password and try to use..... and now I do not see it in the available network list anymore. trying all possible but not more option ...... any other device can see it and connect it. App uninstalled, telephone restarted no..... But it was there in the first time.....
2020-11-24
Use props
abase21
lvl.1
Germany

fans2d199957 Posted at 11-24 07:37
and any help id there is not the raven eye in my Wifi list? It was there before and I type the password and try to use..... and now I do not see it in the available network list anymore. trying all possible but not more option ...... any other device can see it and connect it. App uninstalled, telephone restarted no..... But it was there in the first time.....

..I had the same problem , maybe your phone has only 2.4g Wi-Fi , you have to change that in the settings of RAVENEXe , to get there you have to use  a other device with 5g Wi-Fi
2020-11-26
Use props
Sky Lakes Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2994688 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the Raveneye and there is no password on the SSDI sticker and 12345678 is not working either. I tried abcdefgh, ABCDEFGH, RAVENEYE, Raveneye, RavenEye ect and it stills says wrong password. Tried pushing the power button 6 times with no results. Need help I have a filming gig coming up next week that I will need the RavenEye for.
2021-4-5
Use props
dhpdigital
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sky Lakes Media Posted at 4-5 20:19
I just got the Raveneye and there is no password on the SSDI sticker and 12345678 is not working either. I tried abcdefgh, ABCDEFGH, RAVENEYE, Raveneye, RavenEye ect and it stills says wrong password. Tried pushing the power button 6 times with no results. Need help I have a filming gig coming up next week that I will need the RavenEye for.

Same problem here. No password on the RavenEye sticker. When I press the power button 6 times I don't get any 3 x flashing power lights to confirm the reset. I still can't connect. Is the unit faulty? Should I return it?
2021-5-12
Use props
djiuser_jrA6Ir6QTwOt
New

India

The same problem for me also. There is no printed password on my RavenEye unit. Default password not working.
2021-6-17
Use props
Edmondm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8449826 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_jrA6Ir6QTwOt Posted at 6-17 06:40
The same problem for me also. There is no printed password on my RavenEye unit. Default password not working.

I just bought a new RavenEye and once again like a few of you have said there is no password on the unit anywhere and pressing the on/off button 6 times does not get me to a place where I can reset the password. DJI please help.
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_dG7OBISUePIQ
lvl.1

South Africa

Edmondm Posted at 7-3 19:20
I just bought a new RavenEye and once again like a few of you have said there is no password on the unit anywhere and pressing the on/off button 6 times does not get me to a place where I can reset the password. DJI please help.

Hey, so I'm having hella issues with this things as well, but it also isn't explained well.

When you do the power button 6 times... Honestly it's hit and miss... I just kept trying until i got the three lights blinking simultaneously.

Then, at that point you go to connect to the Raveneye wifi like you would do on any normal wifi, NOT in the app. THERE is where you can put in 12345678.

Now, the reset happens within the Raveneye view (whether you see anything or not). Hoping you connected in the step before, when you go into the app now, and click "Connect to Raveneye", you should get your module with a green tick next to it.
Click the "Raveneye Camera View" at the top-right of that same screen, and should take you to the interface of what the raveneye is transmitting..or not transmitting in my case cos its a black screen.

Now there on the top-right again (with your phone rotated to horizontal) is a hexagonal icon with 2 arrows. Click that and in there if you scroll down you get to wifi settings. Where i believe you can change the password.

Hope that helped!
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_NSUOOjDIvLUF
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-1 02:48
Hi there, please try to press the power button six times to reset the default WiFi password 12345678, then you can change the password in the WiFi setting. See if this works. [view_image]

I got really sick from trying this for HOURS...
I will return the RSC-2 Combo NOW.
No chance to connect to the Raven Eye WiFi. Just NO.
And actually in the End I usually get everything working.
Not with this device!
2021-8-24
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678609 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_NSUOOjDIvLUF Posted at 8-24 02:23
I got really sick from trying this for HOURS...
I will return the RSC-2 Combo NOW.
No chance to connect to the Raven Eye WiFi. Just NO.

After the setting is completed, the mobile phone system can enter the connection again after forgetting the password.
2021-8-24
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678609 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

After the setting is completed, the mobile phone system can enter the connection again after forgetting the password.
2021-8-24
Use props
Spyro Kretzmann
New

United States

It seems it must be turned on to get the reset to occur.. I tired for a long time!!! Then tried while on the 6 button reset method and worked around third time I even got the lights by pressing and holding power for long enough from off which is aparently a different kind of reset lmao

But yeah niw it works!! (Not sure if this fixes the iphone issue as im on samsung)
2021-9-25
Use props
SuheylGunaydin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57201 ft
Turkey

Hi friends. Greetings from Turkey.
The solution is as follows.
Forget the network from the phone if you have already connected. Close the dji app on the phone. Grant all app permissions. Turn off app restrictions.

1. Turn on the device and press the power button 6 times. Reset.
2. See and connect the device via wifi. will be connected without a password.
3. Enter the DJI app. Connect to Ravene.
4. It will ask for password. Now set a password yourself.
This place is important. 1 uppercase letter in the password. There should be 1 lowercase letter and number. 8 characters in total. (Example password: Abcd1234)
. You can now log in with the password you set.
Knowledge increases as it is shared ;) Good luck.
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_icujvl00bQOU
lvl.1
Malaysia

SuheylGunaydin Posted at 10-1 03:54
Hi friends. Greetings from Turkey.
The solution is as follows.
Forget the network from the phone if you have already connected. Close the dji app on the phone. Grant all app permissions. Turn off app restrictions.

greetings frens...thank you ive try your method
2021-11-8
Use props
Scarecrow
lvl.1
United States

Same Issue here. I got everything working then changed the name of the raven eye and was prompted for the password, which I'd forgotten, then tried to reset the password and no combination of 6 presses has helped me rejoin... Now I've got a small brick in my possession...
2022-8-25
Use props
Scarecrow
lvl.1
United States

Scarecrow Posted at 8-25 12:01
Same Issue here. I got everything working then changed the name of the raven eye and was prompted for the password, which I'd forgotten, then tried to reset the password and no combination of 6 presses has helped me rejoin... Now I've got a small brick in my possession...

So the trick is to press the button 6 times fairly quickly...
2022-8-25
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-1 02:48
Hi there, please try to press the power button six times to reset the default WiFi password 12345678, then you can change the password in the WiFi setting. See if this works. [view_image]

it did not work for me, i have a android a42g, i hit forget network=raven eye. start up raven eye and pressed button 6 fast times, the3 lights blinks , now i shut down raveneye, restart , open up my android wifi, the raveneye pops back up, does not ask for password. So I open up Ronin App, connect to raveneye. It does NOT ask for password. When i hit connect from ronin app. it says connected, but when i go to raveneye camera view its blank and when i hit record button it tells me to connect to raveneye??
I tried everything on this site, and still no green light on raveneye. Most frustrating piece of crap I have ever dealed with.
2023-7-26
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

Ok , here is what I found out  after resetting my Password. I created a new one with 1 upper case letter and numbers. But no  more than 8 characters/numbers. I cut off my VPN on android until I got it to connect. So now I reinstated my VPN and walla everything connects as required. 4 days , 4 camera batteries, 3 charges of Gimbal, 1 full charged raveneye. Getting the Raveneye to connect was the issue. Im running DJI RSC2 gimbal, paired with my Sony FX3 cinema cam and my Raveneye. This is so COOL now that it all works
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Realstinger Posted at 7-26 06:19
Ok , here is what I found out  after resetting my Password. I created a new one with 1 upper case letter and numbers. But no  more than 8 characters/numbers. I cut off my VPN on android until I got it to connect. So now I reinstated my VPN and walla everything connects as required. 4 days , 4 camera batteries, 3 charges of Gimbal, 1 full charged raveneye. Getting the Raveneye to connect was the issue. Im running DJI RSC2 gimbal, paired with my Sony FX3 cinema cam and my Raveneye. This is so COOL now that it all works

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. It is great to hear that you had found a solution and got it sorted. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance, I will try my best to help.
2023-7-28
Use props
djiuser_nyJbpz0R9SG5
New
India

My reveneye problem is - everytime i turned it on.. its always ask for change the password “it means, it resets after switching OFF to ON
Fix it dji
2023-10-20
Use props
Grenord
New
Estonia

djiuser_nyJbpz0R9SG5 Posted at 2023-10-20 16:57
My reveneye problem is - everytime i turned it on.. its always ask for change the password “it means, it resets after switching OFF to ON
Fix it dji

Hello. I've encountered the same issue. Each time I turn it on/off, the WI-FI name changes and asks for a new password to be created. I couldn't find a way to update or reset it to factory settings.
Raveneye use every day, so I'm waiting for an update.
3-6 04:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules