Tripod Stuck in my Pocket 2 Cover (Carrying Case)
3383 6 2020-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
United States

Hi. I received my DJI Pocket 2 today, but I have one problem.

The tripod is now stuck in the carrying case.

I lightly twisted it in, and now it's in there so good that when I twist it left to get it out, it's still stuck in the hole and just rotates and rotates.

Any advice on what I should do?

Absolutely love the Pocket 2 though! I've kept my old one so I've done a few side-by-side videos, and the wider field of view is worth the update alone, and it's much, much better in low light too.

2020-10-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching and sorry to know about what happened with the Tripod of your DJI Pocket 2. For us to be able to assist you further, please provide us a video showing the issue. Thank you.
2020-11-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

That also happened to a reviewer on YouTube. Broke his tripod trying to get it out. Perhaps a drip of light machine oil may help. Let it settle for a few minutes before trying to release it. Careful though as oil is not going to be helpful to the stick itself.
2020-11-1
Use props
The General
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-1 03:20
Hello there, thank you for reaching and sorry to know about what happened with the Tripod of your DJI Pocket 2. For us to be able to assist you further, please provide us a video showing the issue. Thank you.

Thanks. I've just left it in there for now until there is a solution, as I don't want to try to pry it out or anything, and possibly damage it. Luckily, it fits very nicely on the carrying case, so not a big deal for a day or two.

2020-11-1
Use props
The General
lvl.2
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-1 04:41
That also happened to a reviewer on YouTube. Broke his tripod trying to get it out. Perhaps a drip of light machine oil may help. Let it settle for a few minutes before trying to release it. Careful though as oil is not going to be helpful to the stick itself.

Yeah, I saw that. Was surprised to have the same exact issue. After seeing him destroy the tripod, I've decided to just let it stay in there until DJI comes up with a good solution.

Love this little thing! Wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, as I already have the original Osmo Pocket (that's been great for over a year now), but this is definitely a worthy upgrade.
2020-11-1
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

What did the other do to remove/break it?

That screw slot has to be for something. It might adjust tension.  I have had to really tighten some tripod heads to detach them from the tripod itself. Maybe it can be tightened enough to grip the base.

2020-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused, you may refer to the tutorial video below, hope this helps. Thanks.
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules