iOS app 1.2 released
1324 9 2015-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkaleinek
lvl.3

Sweden

Anyone flown with the new iOS app version? 1.2 just released a bit ago.
Especially interested in the " center point reference" feature!

Will try myself in a couple of hours....

Just saw that this likely belongs in the pilot thread, hadn't seen it before... Sorry mods.

2015-6-26
Use props
rkaleinek
lvl.3

Sweden

FPV seems to be fixed.
2015-6-26
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-6-27 02:44
Let us know how you get on... thanks

Sadly didn't get to fly tonight after all..... Rained like crazy.

Tomorrow,,,,,,,, hopefully.
2015-6-26
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

I have only gotten to fly once since I got my P3. That was 3 weeks ago. I only get one day free to enjoy life and it is Saturday. It has rained the last 2 and it is going to rain again tomorrow. lol
2015-6-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

One ten minute flight this afternoon. Still babying my one and only battery, with ten minute flights.
Hey, a couple more shorties and off we go... To a full battery journey.
When my four new, Phantom 3 intelligent batteries show up, perhaps next week, I will be busy sailing.
Look for me, after sunset... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-6-26
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

I tested today and something happen with the video transmission now get frozen a lot, even at only 20 ft away, Never happened before.
2015-6-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Outch, that doesn't sound pleasant, at all. I wonder where that little mistake was inserted in the firmware.
There may be a few more Firmware updates, before we are completely settled in.
As long as improvements continue, there will be no more complaints from me, over here.

I only wish and desire my 4 new batteries, and I promise to keep quiet... Shhhh...
And a swell DJI back pack, to haul it all, around with me... Hehehe
The list will grow. Watch and see. It always does.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-26
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Is there a change-log?

Is there a need to update Firmware? (I'm still on 1.1.9).
2015-6-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-6-27 10:04
Is there a change-log?

Is there a need to update Firmware? (I'm still on 1.1.9).

Fantom,

There is but as with many DJI change-logs the scope is minimal at best. I've read many of your posts and they have been extremely helpful to me and I'm sure many others around here (I'm also awaiting a set of your filters). If I were you, I'd stay the course with v1.1.9. I'm on the developers firmware which seems very similar to 1.1.9 but with IOC turned on and I'm flying regularly without issue. I did download and install the new IOS pilot app but have not put the bird in the air yet. I should be able to do so in the morning. I don't believe it will create any issues with any firmware versions but you never know. If you'd like, the weather is supposed to be good here in the AM, I could put the bird in the air with the new app first thing in the AM and post the results here.

Jerry
2015-6-26
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

I just tried it. Two minutes into warm up and pre-flight got an error "Gimbal Motor Overeated"  I've never had a problem with the gimbal prior to the update of the app. I shut it down and check for debris and obstructions, there were none.  Stared it up again everything seemed ok I picked up the P3 from the top and moved it slowly to check gimbal operation then again same error.  None of the gimbal motors are warm to the touch.

I flew it at about 30' alt and the gimbal seems to be working fine.  I just didn't want to push it till I find the cause.

I noticed the android users had poseted the same error after upgrading to the new android version of the pilot app.  I wonder if it's related.

I guess I will be calling DJI to see what up.

-Dog
2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules