12Next >
15914 43 2020-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

For me it was a lowlight on the RS 2 to only control it over the joystick, force mobile or virtual sticks in the app. That is not precise on the level I need it. I figured out that the RS 2 is sbus capeable and does work on it. Still testing and tweaking, but most basic function are working already. I think this will create hope with the guys here that are waiting as well for a precise control option.

Please DJI, support it nativ soon.

2020-11-1
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

glad this works! thanks for the info
controlling focus and zoom would be a very important feature as well though
2020-11-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - thanks for sharing
2020-11-3
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

fansba3b7009 Posted at 11-3 01:00
glad this works! thanks for the info
controlling focus and zoom would be a very important feature as well though

I’m still testing what higher channels the RS2 is reacting on. Possible as well DJI is by now blocking them in the current Firmware. I would love to see they are supporting the use of sbus and RC remotes and give us a pinout of the channels
2020-11-3
Use props
CouacProd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1516568 ft
  • >>>
France

Great news, the new RS2 firmware updates includes :

Added gimbal control, photo capture, video recording, parameter settings, recenter, and selfie mode switch for the Futaba S.BUS remote controller (tested with a Futaba T14SG and R7008SB receiver).

I would like to control the RS2 via s-bus, can i use a Taranis RC like this one : https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/taranis-q-x7-access/
And this receiver ? https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/r-xsr/

Or does it only work with Futaba systems ?
2020-12-1
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

CouacProd Posted at 12-1 07:18
Great news, the new RS2 firmware updates includes :

Added gimbal control, photo capture, video recording, parameter settings, recenter, and selfie mode switch for the Futaba S.BUS remote controller (tested with a Futaba T14SG and R7008SB receiver).

good news, i would wish they had added a channel  for focus/zoom as well. I will test this out in the next days and report here. CouacProd as the Taranis RX/TX combination does use S-BUS and have up to 32 channels both it should work theoretical. In real world you need to figure it out.
2020-12-1
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know what the channel mappings are for the new features in the most recent firmware?
2020-12-1
Use props
CouacProd
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

I'd also be interested in getting the channel mapping ! So i far i have only managed to set pan, tilt & roll.

BTW, these axis slowly drift... although i have performed a stick calibration. Any idea ? I can't get it perfectly still using the trims...

2020-12-3
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Ask to Dji what’s the mid point point center. Usually it’s at 1500 but sometimes there is jitter around middle. Maybe we will need a dead band function for SBUS channels in the next firmware.
2020-12-4
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hey, I’m in the final phase of a video release, so busy with that. Will test the new FW in a bit. In general you should  monitor the channels in the ronin app to make sure all center channels are 0. If you notice a jitter than might the SBUS timing in ms need to be adjust. Futaba does have a slight different timing on the signal than other vendors like FrSky
2020-12-5
Use props
CouacProd
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Thanks for the tip, i have just looked at the channels in the Ronin app and it shows some numbers while my RC sticks are at 0... I have been able to set an offset in the RC to avoid that, but i'm not fixing the problem... I don't experience jitter, only drift. Do you think it still has to do with sbus timing ? I'm using a Taranis XQ7 and an R-XSR receiver.

Really looking forward to your video... When are you going to release it ?
Many thanks !
2020-12-6
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

it should work if you  add a deadband in the app, it does on mine
2020-12-7
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hey, yesterday I had a chance to test the new FW release for the RS2. I can't see an improvement regarding the SBUS control. Working as before is PAN, TILT, ROLL, START RECORDING, CHANGE MODE (only between Mode 1 and 2) and RECENTER. Keep in mind for Camera Start/Stop and re-center you need a spring loaded 2 position switch or button on you remote. If you just flip a 2 position switch it is sometime tricky to start/stop recording you need to have the right timing. For re-center you need to short flip twice like you do on the Ronin button.

New with this FW is that only the PAN, TILT, ROLL channels will show you an input on the Ronin App now. Mode, re-center and capture will show no numbers even when working and configured right.

DJI-Support, please add back the number input view on the stick monitor in the app for all channels and please give us a channel pinout for the functions that have been activated. By now i can see only channels 1,2,4,5,6,7 working on SBUS. Channels 3 and 8 to 24 does not move or change anything by now.
2020-12-11
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

It’s been a while now. Dear DJI support can you please provide a mapping functions -> channels for the SBUS. As it is official supported since last FW this should be easy for you. Thanks! As well please ask your developers to enable zoom control via RC/SBUS
2021-1-6
Use props
airtakes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 623045 ft
  • >>>
United States

BeeS View Posted at 1-6 08:10
It’s been a while now. Dear DJI support can you please provide a mapping functions -> channels for the SBUS. As it is official supported since last FW this should be easy for you. Thanks! As well please ask your developers to enable zoom control via RC/SBUS

HI thank you great topic
2021-1-21
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello, I am experiencing small roll jitters from time to time. And very slow drift. The drift happens evenwith a deadband. Once I disconnect the SBUS, drift stop. Any ideas ?
2021-1-23
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Did you check in the app under the channel monitor the number that those are in center/0 if you neutralize the sticks? If not you need to Trimm the channel/sticks until the stay 0. what rc do you use?
2021-1-23
Use props
airtakes
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hi Bees View and everyone else in this thread I have successfully connected a Futaba bus receiver and have Pan, Tilt, & Roll only can not map any other funcions  like star/stop or recenter I would appreciate very much if some one can help I have the latest firmware on the RS2
thank
2021-2-23
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

airtakes Posted at 2-23 12:57
Hi Bees View and everyone else in this thread I have successfully connected a Futaba bus receiver and have Pan, Tilt, & Roll only can not map any other funcions  like star/stop or recenter I would appreciate very much if some one can help I have the latest firmware on the RS2
thank

Hi, sure I can help. If it’s a new futaba only channels 1-4 are mapped in your remote to the sticks. You need to map the channels 5-8 in the futaba remote onto the switches. Than it will work.
2021-2-23
Use props
airtakes
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BeeS View Posted at 2-23 13:51
Hi, sure I can help. If it’s a new futaba only channels 1-4 are mapped in your remote to the sticks. You need to map the channels 5-8 in the futaba remote onto the switches. Than it will work.

Thanks Bee View yes its a futaba and yes with a little of patience I was able to map the rest
pan, tilt, roll,  ok
cam tiger and record, ok
recenter and selfi ok
mode ok
i guess that's all the channels we get from DJI
I would hope DJI would open more channels like for focus motor

2021-2-23
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

airtakes Posted at 2-23 15:45
Thanks Bee View yes its a futaba and yes with a little of patience I was able to map the rest
pan, tilt, roll,  ok
cam tiger and record, ok

Good to hear it’s now working for you. Yes that’s it with functions by now. Let’s hope DJI will add some more channels, zoom/focus would be very welcome.
2021-2-23
Use props
chainsawproductions1.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297759 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any other updates for using Ronin-RS2 Gimbal Remote Control? I have a Spectrum. I really want to use a Movi style remote.
2021-5-1
Use props
morgan_jltech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37818 ft
United States

BeeS View Posted at 2020-12-11 03:12
Hey, yesterday I had a chance to test the new FW release for the RS2. I can't see an improvement regarding the SBUS control. Working as before is PAN, TILT, ROLL, START RECORDING, CHANGE MODE (only between Mode 1 and 2) and RECENTER. Keep in mind for Camera Start/Stop and re-center you need a spring loaded 2 position switch or button on you remote. If you just flip a 2 position switch it is sometime tricky to start/stop recording you need to have the right timing. For re-center you need to short flip twice like you do on the Ronin button.

New with this FW is that only the PAN, TILT, ROLL channels will show you an input on the Ronin App now. Mode, re-center and capture will show no numbers even when working and configured right.

Hey there,

Just wondering what channels on your radio you used to activate start/stop and recenter? I mapped a switch to every channel in my radio from 5-32 one at a time and the only that activated anything was channel 7 which switched the user profile.

So I have pan, tilt, roll and mode switch but that's it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? I'm pretty new to anything RC though so the transmitter/receiver config stuff is still foreign to me.
2021-5-10
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

morgan_jltech Posted at 5-10 16:43
Hey there,

Just wondering what channels on your radio you used to activate start/stop and recenter? I mapped a switch to every channel in my radio from 5-32 one at a time and the only that activated anything was channel 7 which switched the user profile.

Hi,

The channel mapping is like this:

Channel1: Pan
Channel2: Tilt
Channel3: not used actual
Channel4: Roll
Channel5:  start recording/take picture
Channel6: switch modes between 1-2-3
Channel7: recenter
Channel8: not used actual

For start stop and recenter you need to assign each to a two position switch. Start/stop you flip the switch ones not to quick not to slow. For recenter you flip the assigned switch twice to recenter.
2021-5-10
Use props
morgan_jltech
lvl.2
United States

BeeS View Posted at 5-10 20:30
Hi,

The channel mapping is like this:

Has this changed at all with recent firmware? Channels 1, 2, and 4 work as you’ve shown. However 5 and 6 get nothing, even when using a 2 position switch. Also, channel 7 switches modes for me, not 6.
2021-5-11
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

morgan_jltech Posted at 5-11 12:32
Has this changed at all with recent firmware? Channels 1, 2, and 4 work as you’ve shown. However 5 and 6 get nothing, even when using a 2 position switch. Also, channel 7 switches modes for me, not 6.

Hi, the Problem so far is that if you monitor the channels in the App the sliders only for the channels 1,2 and 4 do move. All others will not move at all, even when the channel is correct set and bound to a switch or poti. They changed that with the last FW and I cant tell you why. Next thing the Ronin does not like is "overranging" the channel ends. That mean if the counters go above the maximum range the function will not be triggered at all. I know its all not ideal and its a lot of try and test at the moment.

I suggest you do restrict the channels to maximum 80% left right and give it another try. You can learn from the Pan Tilt roll. The max numbers left/right should only hit when the RC stick is at stop. If max number is already shown when the stick is at like 3/4 you need limit the travel range in your RC and do that as well with the other channels.
2021-5-12
Use props
morgan_jltech
lvl.2
United States

BeeS View Posted at 5-12 06:08
Hi, the Problem so far is that if you monitor the channels in the App the sliders only for the channels 1,2 and 4 do move. All others will not move at all, even when the channel is correct set and bound to a switch or poti. They changed that with the last FW and I cant tell you why. Next thing the Ronin does not like is "overranging" the channel ends. That mean if the counters go above the maximum range the function will not be triggered at all. I know its all not ideal and its a lot of try and test at the moment.

I suggest you do restrict the channels to maximum 80% left right and give it another try. You can learn from the Pan Tilt roll. The max numbers left/right should only hit when the RC stick is at stop. If max number is already shown when the stick is at like 3/4 you need limit the travel range in your RC and do that as well with the other channels.

Alright that gives me a lot to go on, thanks for your input! Still learning how rc stuff works so those are things I didn’t know too look for. Really appreciate it!
2021-5-12
Use props
ceinem
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,
did anyone of you ever try or have success with the CAN interface instead of SBUS? It should enable super precise motion control. I've been trying for some time now to get it working, but unfortunately so far without success.
2021-5-27
Use props
fansc998eabe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

BeeS View Posted at 2020-11-3 12:15
I’m still testing what higher channels the RS2 is reacting on. Possible as well DJI is by now blocking them in the current Firmware. I would love to see they are supporting the use of sbus and RC remotes and give us a pinout of the channels

This is invaluable work . Thank you . Would you be willing to spare half an hour of hour time to talk me through it ?
I’m happy to pay, as I really need this for a shoot.
Many thanks
Toby
2021-8-7
Use props
fansc998eabe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys ,
I’m not that wise with rc so help greatly appreciated .
Which futaba controller and reciever amd cable should I be buying to get Thai to wrk ? Any advice hugely appreciated .
Thank you
Toby
2021-8-8
Use props
fansc998eabe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys ,
Which futaba controller and reciever amd cable should I be buying to get Thai to wrk ? Any advice hugely appreciated .
Thank you
Toby
2021-8-8
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

fansc998eabe Posted at 8-8 23:47
Hi guys ,

You will need the following:
•        A Futaba T14SG and R7008SB receiver set
•        The  DJI Ronin 2 / Ronin-S - UART to D-BUS Cable (Part24)
•        The Ronin S Focus Wheel

I’m happy to assist you.
2021-8-9
Use props
willyfan
lvl.1
Italy

I have the same problem of most people here:
Small drift (solved with offset and deadband)
Channel 1, 2 and 4 work as described.  About other channel only switch mode on ch7 work, but I'm able to switch only from mode 1 and 3. And, this control is not possible to disable just like pan tilt and roll.
Start record don't work at all, I used switch with a lot of try changing max and min value. No luck. Some suggest?
2021-8-17
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

willyfan Posted at 8-17 12:32
I have the same problem of most people here:
Small drift (solved with offset and deadband)
Channel 1, 2 and 4 work as described.  About other channel only switch mode on ch7 work, but I'm able to switch only from mode 1 and 3. And, this control is not possible to disable just like pan tilt and roll.
It will help to know what kind of rc remote you use. For the function like mode you need to assign a 3 position switch to have all 3 modes. Rec start/stop it need to be a button or a switch that does flip back. Same for recenter. If you use 2 position switches you need to operate them with a good timing
2021-8-18
Use props
willyfan
lvl.1
Italy

BeeS View Posted at 8-18 00:50
It will help to know what kind of rc remote you use. For the function like mode you need to assign a 3 position switch to have all 3 modes. Rec start/stop it need to be a button or a switch that does flip back. Same for recenter. If you use 2 position switches you need to operate them with a good timing

I' m using a frsky x8r receiver.
I tried with spring switch, no luck.
About mode, I tried also to assign it a pot in order to find the switch value, but it switch only from m1 and m3. Tried to mov the pot slowly, but it change from m3, to m1 and again m3.
2021-8-18
Use props
fans3509fdbd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

BeeS View Posted at 2021-8-18 00:50

I'm having the same problem, cant get camera to start stop and cant get the gimbal to center, I'm using sbus futaba. pan tilt works great.
Thanks for any help,
Jason
2022-2-7
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

fans3509fdbd Posted at 2-7 17:35
I'm having the same problem, cant get camera to start stop and cant get the gimbal to center, I'm using sbus futaba. pan tilt works great.
Thanks for any help,
Jason

Hi, please reduce the travel way of those channels down to 50/60 %. The DJI firmware does not like oversteering the channels and therefore will not act on the signal. Let me know if that solved your problem.
2022-2-16
Use props
morgan_jltech
lvl.2
United States

Would anyone be available to help me in finishing setup with the s2 and external control? I have pan/tilt/roll all working but I cannot get mode switching, record or rec enter working no matter what I do.

I tried mapping recenter with a spring 2-way switch on my transmitter, and put that on every channel on my transmitter one at a time to see if it would work and none of them do. Firmware on the rs2 is correct, so I should have the ability to map that but it looks as though none of those functions are working properly no matter how I sent my transmitter.
2022-5-3
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

morgan_jltech Posted at 5-3 15:34
Would anyone be available to help me in finishing setup with the s2 and external control? I have pan/tilt/roll all working but I cannot get mode switching, record or rec enter working no matter what I do.

I tried mapping recenter with a spring 2-way switch on my transmitter, and put that on every channel on my transmitter one at a time to see if it would work and none of them do. Firmware on the rs2 is correct, so I should have the ability to map that but it looks as though none of those functions are working properly no matter how I sent my transmitter.

What RC remote RX/TX are you using?
2022-5-3
Use props
arcusfelis
lvl.1
Poland

Controlling focus over sbus would be really nice
2022-5-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now