6826 15 2020-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been testing the setup over the weekend. Everything works very well. Even before balancing and powring on the RS2 I was impressed with the build quality and how much thought went into the design. DJI really did well with this generation. There are a couple things I'll have to get used to but I'll be fine once I adjust. One thing is the new lock design. There is nothing wrong with it. I'm just used to how the Ronin SC's locks worked. The other thing is, from the Raveneye I do not see a way to start recording on the R5. This might be how things were designed to work, or I simply may not have figured out how to enable this yet. Any ideas?

Thank you.
-Moni

2020-11-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - thanks for sharing
2020-11-1
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

On the raveneye app screen you have an icon to switch between photo and video right side above the red record button, ist that active or greyed out? Did you setup the right camera in the ronin app? Did you setup the cam proper to receive record start from a remote device?
2020-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the heads up!
2020-11-1
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BeeS View Posted at 11-1 09:04
On the raveneye app screen you have an icon to switch between photo and video right side above the red record button, ist that active or greyed out? Did you setup the right camera in the ronin app? Did you setup the cam proper to receive record start from a remote device?

On the raveneye app screen you have an icon to switch between photo and video right side above the red record button, ist that active or greyed out?
It is active. Switching between photo and video mode has no effect.

Did you setup the right camera in the ronin app?
I see nowhere in the app to setup/specify a camera. The app recognizes it is a Canon body and other functions work though. Also, I am on Android but I can try with my iPhone also, if necessary.

Did you setup the cam proper to receive record start from a remote device?
Only option on my camera like that is to enable Remote Control, which also has no effect. Lastly, record works when I press the record button the the RS2 though, so I would assume the app should do the same. The issue is that, within the Raveneye area of the app there is no icon for starting record on the camera. The record button there only records a video on the phone but does not start recording on the camera. I can use the record icon from the Virtual Joystick area.
2020-11-1
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Moni Johnson Posted at 11-1 14:10
On the raveneye app screen you have an icon to switch between photo and video right side above the red record button, ist that active or greyed out?
It is active. Switching between photo and video mode has no effect.

when you touch the red record button in the app that should start both record on the phone and record on the cam. For my setup that is working. Maybe a compatibility issue with the R5. With the app there is still a lot to do for DJI. The LUT overlay need to be enabled every start, kinda sucks. Aperture values do not match the cam ones. When the shutter is set to degrees for filming the app is confused as well. Hope they sort all issues over time.
2020-11-2
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BeeS View Posted at 11-2 08:04
when you touch the red record button in the app that should start both record on the phone and record on the cam. For my setup that is working. Maybe a compatibility issue with the R5. With the app there is still a lot to do for DJI. The LUT overlay need to be enabled every start, kinda sucks. Aperture values do not match the cam ones. When the shutter is set to degrees for filming the app is confused as well. Hope they sort all issues over time.

Ah! Thanks for the info. Hopefully, they get it sorted soon.
2020-11-2
Use props
Fly67390
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13009 ft
France

hello,i have ronin s2 combo with raveneye and canon r5 firmware1.1 but i have no transmission video...i have test with 1080p hdmi and auto .I have same problem
2020-11-3
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fly67390 Posted at 11-3 11:59
hello,i have ronin s2 combo with raveneye and canon r5 firmware1.1 but i have no transmission video...i have test with 1080p hdmi and auto .I have same problem

Have you confirmed the Raveneye is powered (by using the button on the module) on and all cables are properly connected? Requires 3 cables between the R5, Raveneye, and RS2.
2020-11-5
Use props
calhimee
New

Canada

Moni Johnson Posted at 2020-11-5 04:01
Have you confirmed the Raveneye is powered (by using the button on the module) on and all cables are properly connected? Requires 3 cables between the R5, Raveneye, and RS2.

Hi im having the same problem with my Rebel T5 no video is appearing and i have tried all 3 different setups with the raveneye. any help would be greatly appreciated.
2021-1-6
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

calhimee Posted at 1-6 18:42
Hi im having the same problem with my Rebel T5 no video is appearing and i have tried all 3 different setups with the raveneye. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry. I have no experience with that camera.
2021-1-6
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update: My RavenEye issue has been resolved.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_UI4XRsAjpUjb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745768 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys.  I have an eos r6 and the rs2 raveneye.  I've been having compatability issues as well.   Everything seems to work well for the first couple of minutes.   Then it stops letting me toggle between photo and video recording.   Then other functions stop working.  I eventually have to shut everything down..very frustrating.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've watched a lot of videos on setup with the 3 wires, and which slots they go in.  Pretty sure I have that right..so I'm at a loss..

Thanks guys
2021-1-28
Use props
Tangiora
lvl.1

Australia

help, my iphone frame in ronin app is greyed out. I cannot see what the r5 is seeing??
2021-8-1
Use props
tuliogoncalves
New

Spain

Moni Johnson Posted at 2021-1-6 18:58
Update: My RavenEye issue has been resolved.

Hey Moni, how did you manage to fix it?
I'm having the same problem on my R6, when I connect it to the raven eye, the camera monitor turns black. It only works on my phone.

Thanks!
2022-1-24
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tuliogoncalves Posted at 1-24 07:46
Hey Moni, how did you manage to fix it?
I'm having the same problem on my R6, when I connect it to the raven eye, the camera monitor turns black. It only works on my phone.

I actually have no clue how the issue was resolved. I'm not sure if I had some of the cabling connected incorrectly or if this was just a one-time fluke. Since I posted the issue had been resolved I have not had the issue since. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules