Best phones for DJI Vision
1065 5 2015-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kripdish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120922 ft
United States

I am about to switch cellular providers, just can't take Sprint anymore!  So this means I need to get a new phone and I am wondering what others are using sucessfully with the vision app.

So what are you using and how does perform?

2015-6-26
Use props
markhowerton1
lvl.2
United States

I have a Droid Turbo that I have good luck with.  So far I haven't had the lag that some people have problems with.  The phone is only carried by Verizon as far as I know.

Mark
2015-6-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Krip,

Unfortunately, your best bet (least risky) is to just go with the iPhone if you're just planning to use the stock DJI pilot. It's going to be supported the best by DJI. I've got several of both IOS and Android devices but I fly with mostly 3rd party apps so I use the Android more. If you ever think you may want to move into a P3 or Inspire you're probably not going to have any issues in the transition with the iPhone stuff. The Android devices are a lot less expensive but you'll need to research your options much more carefully. Unlike the iPhones, not all Android devices are created equal.

Jerry
2015-6-26
Use props
Kripdish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120922 ft
United States

Thanks for your input guys
2015-6-26
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Haven't had any issues at all with my Samsung Note.
2015-6-26
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

A lot of the pilots find out they like larger screens for viewing the flights and FPV. So a larger tablet is used in a lot of instances. Now is when you get into the area of what are others using and you'll get 100 answers. What ever younger need to be quad core,  1280 resolution or higher with at least 2 gigs of ram. You also want something that has an adjustable screen brightness that is very bright for those sunny days. Look at what DJI recommends and also search the forums to see what is being said. Do your home work and that way you be better satisfied and save money. Remember there are no apps that will work in Windows OS for flying. Android is supported with more 3rd party apps. Research, and research....
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules