Please Help! Weird blurry lines in Pano
694 19 2020-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaymie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89780 ft
Australia

Hi there! I imagine someone has seen this before. I am trying to shoot a pano on my M2P. I do this and get an outcome like the below. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? I am shooting on manual mode.

Also, I want to save the individual pano photos as RAW and stitch together but they don’t always save.

Ty so much! J

Blurry Pano

Blurry Pano
2020-11-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Jaymie,

It seems that you got different lighting on the takes. Are you sure you were on manual and you don't have different exposure?

Odd that you don't get always the RAWs. Is your memory card on the drone fast enough ? Do you get no pictures in RAW at all or some (on the same pano) ? Are you on the latests firmware of the drone ?

I always experienced that I get the raws in a directory for each pano.
2020-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Whatever is doing the stitching isn't very good.
Try using a proper stitching program.
2020-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Jaymie. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with the result of the panorama photo you have taken. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if you are able to reset the camera settings before taking the shots? In addition, with the files that are not saved on the internal storage or SD card, what kind of SD card do you have, and were you able to check all of the file folders on the SD card? Thank you.
2020-11-2
Use props
Jaymie
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 11-1 23:34

Appreciate that. This the stitching being done straight out of the DJI software/ drone. I’m sure there are better products but surely this is not meant to be that bad.
2020-11-2
Use props
Jaymie
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-2 01:34
Hello there Jaymie. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with the result of the panorama photo you have taken. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know if you are able to reset the camera settings before taking the shots? In addition, with the files that are not saved on the internal storage or SD card, what kind of SD card do you have, and were you able to check all of the file folders on the SD card? Thank you.

Thanks. I’ll try resetting all the camera settings and start again. It has done it in every pano I have taken. Whether shooting on auto or manual. Firmware etc is all up to date...

I might also format the SD card or get a new one of those. It’s a pretty large one I have in there and I’m told it was pretty fast.
2020-11-2
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Labroides Posted at 11-1 23:34

I usually use PhotoShop or Microsoft ICE. ICE is a free program. With both I always had good results.

Might be a good idea, Labroides that he uses a different stitching program.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
2020-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive taken loads of pano's and never had this,  do you have any filters or polarisers on the camera?
2020-11-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remove any filter that causes banding such as polarises, graduated filters and VND's
2020-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jaymie Posted at 11-2 03:24
Thanks. I’ll try resetting all the camera settings and start again. It has done it in every pano I have taken. Whether shooting on auto or manual. Firmware etc is all up to date...

I might also format the SD card or get a new one of those. It’s a pretty large one I have in there and I’m told it was pretty fast.

It has nothing to do with the card or camera settings.
It's all in the stitching (which isn't very good).
2020-11-2
Use props
Jaymie
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 04:03
Ive taken loads of pano's and never had this,  do you have any filters or polarisers on the camera?

Ahhh ok thanks - yep, there is a ND filter on there. I'll remove and try again.
2020-11-2
Use props
Jaymie
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 11-2 04:04
Remove any filter that causes banding such as polarises, graduated filters and VND's

Yep, I'll remove the ND filter and try again. Did not even think about that. I'm in Australia and its always pretty sunny/ bright here.
2020-11-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normal ND shutter filters are fine
2020-11-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jaymie Posted at 11-2 13:33
Yep, I'll remove the ND filter and try again. Did not even think about that. I'm in Australia and its always pretty sunny/ bright here.

The SD card will not have any effect on the result, the images are stored in digital format, so they have no effect on picture quality. Also, you should not be using an ND filter for still photo shooting.
2020-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jaymie Posted at 11-2 13:32
Ahhh ok thanks - yep, there is a ND filter on there. I'll remove and try again.

Pretty sure that will fix it.  
2020-11-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jaymie Posted at 11-2 13:33

ND filters aren't going to do anything to improve your stills in sunny conditions.
There's no reason to use them at all for drone photography unless you want to force a slower shutter speed than otherwise possible.
2020-11-3
Use props
Jaymie
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 11-3 01:17
ND filters aren't going to do anything to improve your stills in sunny conditions.
There's no reason to use them at all for drone photography unless you want to force a slower shutter speed than otherwise possible.

Yeah ok. I was shooting video and I really like the footage I got with the ND filter on. Was a super bright day and I really noticed the difference from not using it to using it. I just didn't think to take it off for shooting stills. I'll hopefully get out tomorrow and give it a go without and see how I go!
2020-11-3
Use props
Jaymie
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 11-2 15:44
The SD card will not have any effect on the result, the images are stored in digital format, so they have no effect on picture quality. Also, you should not be using an ND filter for still photo shooting.

Thanks yep. Was shooting video on a sunny day and just didn't think to remove it. I'll get out tomorrow, try without the ND filter and report back!
2020-11-3
Use props
Jaymie
lvl.1
Australia

Hi All - thanks for all your help.

Just thought I would update anyone who is interested. Good result. Shot in manual, with no ND filter. Stitched RAW files together using Camera RAW. Low Qual result below. Thanks so much everyone!

2020-11-8
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

Jaymie Posted at 11-8 17:06
Hi All - thanks for all your help.

Just thought I would update anyone who is interested. Good result. Shot in manual, with no ND filter. Stitched RAW files together using Camera RAW. Low Qual result below. Thanks so much everyone!

Was that nd filter adjustable? They do act as polarisers, so there could be light issue, but i don't think normal nd filter should make problems in pano, it is just coating on glass.
2020-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules