Gimbal shaking
3352 18 2020-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CREPix
lvl.1

Australia

Hello, I am a new owner of a Mavic Mini (loving the experience).  I have just noticed, after 3-4 flights, that the gimbal is shaking quite significantly initially and then seems to settle down, but I did notice in my latest video footage that there is a swhirly look at the top.

2020-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CREPix. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Mavic Mini had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? When you are encountering this issue on your DJI Mavic Mini, did you noticed any error message showing on the DJI Fly application? Kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal of the said DJI for us to be able to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2020-11-1
Use props
CREPix
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you for getting back to me quickly.  No, there was no hard landing/crash.  Everything has been going quite smoothly and starting to gain confidence and then I noticed the attached video.  That was yesterday, I have tried starting it up again and it was shaking significantly.  I have done all the calibrations and will try again and let you know, but it won't be until tomorrow.  Thanks again.
2020-11-1
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Any ND filters on?
2020-11-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good point
2020-11-2
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

Never had that issue with them but they can cause issues.
2020-11-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarves UP Posted at 11-2 10:49
Never had that issue with them but they can cause issues.

Especially those made by third party manufacturers
2020-11-2
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 11-2 10:51
Especially those made by third party manufacturers

Well, DJI doesnt make nd filters for the MM.
2020-11-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarves UP Posted at 11-2 13:37
Well, DJI doesnt make nd filters for the MM.

So best to not use them then as doing so will mean you will also need to register the drone...
2020-11-2
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Looks like severe rolling shutter effect. Could be ND filter mentioned above or could be not. I had this in strong light without ND. Try adjusting  shutter speed to twice your frame rate or as close as possible. Say you are shooting at 25FPS then have the shutter speed set to 1/50. 50 being twice as big as 25. I had a rotating shake before which looked very different from yours and that was gone after a unit replacement, so that was a real defect.
2020-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CREPix. Thank you for the reply and kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-11-2
Use props
CREPix
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you everyone for your comments.  I do have a Skyreat ND filter for Mini Mavic on the camera.  I have done a Gimbal calibration and the image is stable now.  I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of flights and post again if there are any issues.  Thank you all again!
2020-11-2
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 11-2 15:02
So best to not use them then as doing so will mean you will also need to register the drone...

With the freewell ones its still under 250grams! But, i dont use them exept for long exposure water shots or video in bright light.
2020-11-3
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

CREPix Posted at 11-2 21:59
Thank you everyone for your comments.  I do have a Skyreat ND filter for Mini Mavic on the camera.  I have done a Gimbal calibration and the image is stable now.  I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of flights and post again if there are any issues.  Thank you all again!

Thats what i thought! Glad its sorted.
2020-11-3
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

CREPix Posted at 11-2 21:59
Thank you everyone for your comments.  I do have a Skyreat ND filter for Mini Mavic on the camera.  I have done a Gimbal calibration and the image is stable now.  I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of flights and post again if there are any issues.  Thank you all again!

The freewell ones don’t cause any problems however, you can get them on Amazon.
2020-11-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarves UP Posted at 11-3 06:02
With the freewell ones its still under 250grams! But, i dont use them exept for long exposure water shots or video in bright light.

Thats only only time use them mate
2020-11-3
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 11-3 06:57
Thats only only time use them mate

Yep! No use for stills other than for water.
2020-11-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarves UP Posted at 11-3 08:02
Yep! No use for stills other than for water.

Long exposure photography for ND's and to cut through reflections with polarisers
2020-11-3
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 11-3 08:18
Long exposure photography for ND's and to cut through reflections with polarisers

2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules