Focus issue when blogging and blogger is walking??
396 11 2020-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've noticed on several YouTube videos made with the Pocket 2 that when the footage shows a blogger walking and talking, the picture quality is kind of soft, especially the face of the blogger.  When the shot is static, the quality is much better (sharper).  I'll give the link to a very good example below.  Now this could have been fixed by the recent firmware update, or it could be something that needs tweaking - or it could be due to slow shutter speed in low light causing motion blur.  Am I the only one noticing this?

2020-11-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out and sharing this video you've found here in DJI Forum. Based on what I can see, it seems like it may be the settings of the user and the environment where the user tried to take a shot. If in case you've encountered an issue with your DJI Pocket 2, kindly provide us a sample video and firmware information for us to have better visualization and further assist you regarding the concern. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-2
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Watching the video, I think it is two things combined you mention.
It is 24P video and shutter speed... looks like 1/25. You can see the moving hand has a long trail of motion blur.

Also the focus is not pin on his face during the ealier of the video. I wonder if facetracking was on.
While he is moving he is holding the camera quite close. 40cm or so.
Pocket 2's minimum video focus distance is 20cm and I don't think it is a too close of a distance but it might need some cue for the camera to adjust a focus.

Later of the video where he rotates has pin on focus on his face. (but motion blur is still there)

Cannot judge for sure until actually using Pocket 2 but I do also see what you mean.
2020-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have noticed a lot of focus errors too.
BUT also one youtuber (I forgot his name, he was very enthusiastic) mentioned DJI is aware of this and will be fixing it.
2020-11-2
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Montfrooij Posted at 11-2 07:09
BUT also one youtuber (I forgot his name, he was very enthusiastic) mentioned DJI is aware of this and will be fixing it.
Perhaps "potato Jet" who was chased by swarm of bugs during his video?

His videos are very enjoyable.

https://youtu.be/NXNMRMrgFmw
2020-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I saw one blogger say he forgot to change the shutter speed in low because of this.
2020-11-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 11-2 08:30

May be
2020-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tide Posted at 11-2 08:30

Yeah, that was it indeed.
Thanks!
2020-11-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-2 07:09
BUT also one youtuber (I forgot his name, he was very enthusiastic) mentioned DJI is aware of this and will be fixing it.

As with the Pocket 1, I am sure that DJI will be tweaking the focus system in firmware releases in coming months.  By the way, the guy who made the video in my original post had just borrowed the Pocket 2 from a local dealer, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some setup error as he wouldn't have had a chance to get really familiar with the device and how to get the best from it.
2020-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-2 13:35
As with the Pocket 1, I am sure that DJI will be tweaking the focus system in firmware releases in coming months.  By the way, the guy who made the video in my original post had just borrowed the Pocket 2 from a local dealer, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some setup error as he wouldn't have had a chance to get really familiar with the device and how to get the best from it.

Most of these first reviews are based on little experience only indeed.
But the focus issue seems like something they have to address.
It was in the IphoneDo review too (where his face was close but not sharp and the background was in focus)
2020-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-2 13:35

And indeed, DJI will probably fix it as they seem aware of it.
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules