Peak Designs Capture plate compatible with Ronin RSC2/RS2?
12685 24 2020-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5454f7c6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

As per $ubject, I'd like to know if the Peak Designs Capture Clip plate fits on the RS2/RSC2.

As an alternative, I've ordered the one from SmallRig to support other Arca-Swiss plates, but will cancel if the above works.

Thanks,
LJR
2020-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, the RS2/RSC2 support the Arca-Manfrotto plate. According to the brand name you provide (https://www.peakdesign.com/products/capture), it seems hat you need to purchase kits to fit the Manfrotto tripod.

Thanks.
2020-11-3
Use props
lajaro
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, as per another post, your Arca-Swiss mount doesn’t fit all plates, and I’m not interested in Manfrotto support.  Just Arca-Swiss.
2020-11-3
Use props
Prezmc
lvl.1
United States

With my Sony mirrorless cams and lenses, the PD capture is not tall enough.  So, it "fits" I guess, but doesn't provide the needed height.
2020-11-3
Use props
CockneyUSA
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just tried it on the RSC2.  It does not fit.  The RSC2 slide is smaller than the PD.  To clarify, the part where the camera actually fits is too small.  The main carrier slide is way bigger.  So no fit at all for the PD.
2020-11-3
Use props
lajaro
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks for letting me know.  I guess the aftermarket solution from SmallRig will be a must (although I’m a bit peeved that I need to spend yet more money on this as a result of DJI’s “misleading” advertising re “compatibility.”
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_u2upYnhBpO5n
lvl.1

United States

CockneyUSA Posted at 11-3 11:32
Just tried it on the RSC2.  It does not fit.  The RSC2 slide is smaller than the PD.  To clarify, the part where the camera actually fits is too small.  The main carrier slide is way bigger.  So no fit at all for the PD.

Are you using the dual arca+manfrotto plate?
2020-11-25
Use props
edgar.avanesov
lvl.1

Italy

Could you kindly write the name of the smallrig part compatible with RSC2? My situation is this: I have Carry Speed Prime FS-PRO Mark III strap - it uses Arca plate but does not fit my RSC2! So I thought to buy PD Slide v3 but I wanted to know what smallrig piece I need to use with it for RSC2. Thank you!
2020-12-3
Use props
ilcentaurorosso
lvl.1
Italy

SmallRig Quick Release Plate with Arca-Swiss for DJI RS 2/RSC 2 3061
SKU: 3061
$29.00

In addition, another extended plate:
SmallRig Extended Quick Release Plate for DJI RS 2 3031
could be used to use own compatibile clamp to meet any need. It also is usefull to balance long equipment.

2020-12-8
Use props
Wilmo
New
Flight distance : 260627 ft
France

ilcentaurorosso Posted at 12-8 03:06
SmallRig Quick Release Plate with Arca-Swiss for DJI RS 2/RSC 2 3061
SKU: 3061
$29.00

Hi ilcentaurorosso,
Do you know if the SmallRig Extended Quick Release Plate is actually compatible with the RONIN RSC2? Did you personnally check the compatibility? On all web shops, including SmallRig, the 3031 (the extended one) mentions only RS2, while the 2 gimbals are specified for the 3061 (the Arca-Swiss).
Thanks for feedback !
2020-12-10
Use props
ilcentaurorosso
lvl.1
Italy

Hi,
the standard DJI plate is the same for both RS2 and RSC2, so I think the 3031 mentions RS2 (and S) only because it will be usefull with heavy and/or unbalanced loads and RSC2 probably will not manage it for reason of space of load but should works. I ordered small plate 3061 of Smallrig and checked compatibility with peak design plates. It's OK. I think I will not buy the longer version so I will not personally check. Sorry.
I don't like the rail in the bottom (it's the same for DJI): is made of plastic. Safey pin is retractable. it works well. If you do not need of this pin (for peak design plate is usefull) because use other safey stop on the plate, you can disable. Very good!

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-extended-quick-release-plate-for-dji-rs-2-and-ronin-s-gimbal-3031.html
SmallRig Extended Quick Release Plate for DJI RS 2 and Ronin-S 3031 is designed to mount professional cameras like Canon C100/200/300, RED, Komodo on the DJI RS 2 gimbal. The extended plate adds 40mm on the plate compared to the original camera plate. You can add Counterweight Kit 3125 to the rear to balance the stabilizer, attach Lens Support 2850 to protect the lens mount, and Focus Motor Component 2851 to connect the DJI focus motor when the lens is mounted on a large camera body or a camera with battery grip. In addition, a 1/4”-20 threaded hole on the bottom can be used for adding the Counterweight AAW2284 or AAW2285for balance.
Compatibility:
DJI RS 2
DJI Ronin-S

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-quick-release-plate-with-arca-swiss-for-dji-rs-2-rsc-2-ronin-s-3061.html
Compatibility:
DJI RS 2
DJI RSC 2
DJI Ronin-S

2020-12-10
Use props
Wilmo
New
Flight distance : 260627 ft
France

Great, thanks for your quick (released...) answer !
I've ordered both plates, as like you my final purpose is to be able to set my peak design plate (its dual plate v2 for capture v3) on the gimbal. So if the 3061 is working, that's even better, no need to put on the 3031 the Manfrotto adapter on which the PD dual plate v2 works perfectly fine. Anyway, I guess at least one of the 2 will work, so I will send the other one back !
2020-12-10
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

ilcentaurorosso Posted at 12-10 08:18
Hi,
the standard DJI plate is the same for both RS2 and RSC2, so I think the 3031 mentions RS2 (and S) only because it will be usefull with heavy and/or unbalanced loads and RSC2 probably will not manage it for reason of space of load but should works. I ordered small plate 3061 of Smallrig and checked compatibility with peak design plates. It's OK. I think I will not buy the longer version so I will not personally check. Sorry.
I don't like the rail in the bottom (it's the same for DJI): is made of plastic. Safey pin is retractable. it works well. If you do not need of this pin (for peak design plate is usefull) because use other safey stop on the plate, you can disable. Very good!

You my friend is a genius... thank you so much. I was looking for something that could hold my peak design dual plate without have to change mounts. Thank you. Will order one of this
2020-12-15
Use props
Matt Jacques
New

Canada

Thanks for the info here... so frustrating to have to order a new plate when the SC2 was marketed as being magically compatible with everything and then basically forces you to use their own mount instead.
2020-12-29
Use props
Matt Jacques
New

Canada

Ordered the SmallRig 3061 and while it holds the Peak Design plate no problem, it does NOT fit the RSC-2... unless I'm crazy or have missed something. It's oh so close but no. Has anyone managed to attach the 3061 successfully??
2021-1-23
Use props
David-74
lvl.2
France

Matt Jacques Posted at 1-23 07:16
Ordered the SmallRig 3061 and while it holds the Peak Design plate no problem, it does NOT fit the RSC-2... unless I'm crazy or have missed something. It's oh so close but no. Has anyone managed to attach the 3061 successfully??

Hi,

I have Smallrig 3061 and RSC2 to work with a L-bracket Arca-swiss and it’s just working fine.

You can’t mount the Smallrig plate ?

2021-1-23
Use props
evgenyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283304 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I've had the same problem, then found the answer. SmallRig Quick Release plate 3061 DOES work. I've made a video about it:

Check the price for this plate here: https://geni.us/sMeEHsM (Amazon affiliate link)
2021-3-4
Use props
Lubos
lvl.2
Slovakia

on SmallRig Quick Release plate 3061 I DONT like the system of tightening the knob - I woud prefer the lever as is on DJI plate.
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_cwrsPKvlzb80
New
France

Hi all,
For your information and if that can help somebody else, I just received it and noticed that it fits (SmallRig Quick Release Palte 3061 + PeakDesign DualPlate V2) so you can use it on the Ronin RSC2.
The only issue is, if you are using the PeakDesign Capture Clip as I do (for backpacks), the way you need to put the DualPlate V2 to work on your RSC2 will make you wear it on the clip so that the camera lens is looking on your left/right side (and not up/or down)
--> So that setup is ok (and validated) by Peak Design for pancake-like lenses, but won't suit if you are wearing heavier lenses which need to be worn "looking down".
Sorry for my poor english, hope that's clear
2021-3-19
Use props
McSpidey
lvl.2
Australia

FYI for anyone trying to use the RSC2 with a light camera like the Sony A7C, be aware the Smallrig 3061 adaptor does allow the Peak Design clip to attach, however it's too low to balance the tilt axis.

I haven't found a solution for this yet, Some sort of riser to the height of the tall mount that's included with the RSC2 (but doesn't work with the Peak Design clip) would be perfect.
2021-3-28
Use props
Lubos
lvl.2
Slovakia

Hello SmallRigg 3061 owner

I read that thre is a problem with safety pin on Smalriig 3061 plate. How does the safety pin work with PD capture plate? - does the pin fulfill its function (secure PD plate against fall off)?

When I load my camera with an origina DJI plate - it goes smoothly to the end of clutch everytime - so I know it is in its correct possition - so I will not need to rebalance gimbal again. Does it work the same way with SmallRig plate?

Thanx a lot for your answers
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_fp1KsU2HRzLH
lvl.1

United States

Matt Jacques Posted at 1-23 07:16

I can confirm that the SmallRig plate 3061 does not fit into the DJI RSC2. I have tried multiple 3061 plates, one from BHPhoto and one from SmallRig directly and the plates just get jammed about in inch into the DJI RSC2. My DJI RSC2 was badly scratched by the SmallRig 3061 plates. Bummer, cause I was hoping to use my PD plate with it.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_fp1KsU2HRzLH
lvl.1

United States

I can confirm that the SmallRig plate 3061 does not fit into the DJI RSC2. I have tried multiple 3061 plates, one from BHPhoto and one from SmallRig directly and the plates just get jammed about in inch into the DJI RSC2. My DJI RSC2 was badly scratched by the SmallRig 3061 plates. Bummer, cause I was hoping to use my PD plate with it.
2021-4-8
Use props
Karthikn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481896 ft
India

No. It doesn't work. I used the smallrig's, and it's perfect with my peak design plate. Now I don't have to keep changing plates between my capture and Ronin. https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-quick-release-plate-with-arca-swiss-for-dji-rs-2-rsc-2-ronin-s-3061.html?afmc=27e
2021-5-13
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

Karthikn Posted at 2021-5-13 09:51
No. It doesn't work. I used the smallrig's, and it's perfect with my peak design plate. Now I don't have to keep changing plates between my capture and Ronin. https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-quick-release-plate-with-arca-swiss-for-dji-rs-2-rsc-2-ronin-s-3061.html?afmc=27e[view_image]
This thing does not fit into my RS 2. Squeeze it at your own peril. Small Rig occasionally blows it with the tolerances. Clear case of that here
2022-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules