WiFi issue with D-I-A Handle
2014 6 2020-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
playr
lvl.1
Poland

Just recieved new P2 and after firmware update submenu for D-I-A Handle is missing it's second page, where I shoud choose 2,4 or 5 Ghz. I can see only the page with wifi name and password, but I can't scroll to the right. Whats more my phone cannot connect to P2, can't "see" the device. I suppose P2 is locked in 5 Ghz because my Samsung S7 for sure that can connect only in 2,4 Ghz option (experience with first Osmo Pocket). Any suggestions what can I do? Soft reset in device menu doesn't help. Also same thing when connecting the older WiFi module from first OP.

WiFi menu P2 vs OP

WiFi menu P2 vs OP
2020-11-2
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

For 2.4g smart phone:
1.plz turn the phone 's wifi.(so that DJI MIMO can get phone's wifi suport frequency list)
2.usb type-c connect to the pocket 2, DJI MIMO will set pocket2 2.4G if the phone is 2.4G only. (usually, this step is done during activation process, unless DJI MIMO does not get the phone's wifi support frequency)

5g wifi is much faster, generating less heat. As recent smart phone almost all support 5G, the frequency selection is removed.

plz let me know if the problem is not solved

2020-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there playr. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please follow the steps posted by DJI-ytao on post #2 to see if the issue will still persist. In addition, kindly please try using a different mobile device as well for us to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

2020-11-2
Use props
playr
lvl.1
Poland

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-2 18:27
For 2.4g smart phone:
1.plz turn the phone 's wifi.(so that DJI MIMO can get phone's wifi suport frequency list)
2.usb type-c connect to the pocket 2, DJI MIMO will set pocket2 2.4G if the phone is 2.4G only. (usually, this step is done during activation process, unless DJI MIMO does not get the phone's wifi support frequency)

Sorry, didn't help. Still no option to choose frequency. I'm pretty sure i saw this option before registering and updating the device so it has to be sth with the software. Hope they'll fix it with next update. Remote control is key feature for me. Maybe some wise men form the company will notice this topic...
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

playr Posted at 11-3 01:16
Sorry, didn't help. Still no option to choose frequency. I'm pretty sure i saw this option before registering and updating the device so it has to be sth with the software. Hope they'll fix it with next update. Remote control is key feature for me. Maybe some wise men form the company will notice this topic...

I see. we will solve this.
sorry for the inconvenience.
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Latest android DJI Mimo(1.5.4) supports 5g 2.4g selection, solving the issue some android phones do not support or limited support for 5.8Ghz.

You may connect pocket2 via usb, set the 2.4g wifi freq.
2020-11-24
Use props
MrBeluci
New

Tanzania

I have the same problem. My dji Mimo App does not have the wifi frequency option. I cannot connect to wifi at all with this device. Very frustrated at this point.
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules