921 9 2020-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Hi Forum,
May I ask if anyone has bought the DJI backpack for the Phantom 4 Pro/v2.0?  
It is on sale at best buy for half the price.
I have tried to pack my P4P v2.0 into it, but notice the 4 motors are above the hard shell.   After closing the zipper of the backpack, the 4 motors will press against my back.  It seems to be rough to the motors not only because of the pressure against my back, but also my body movement will create further uneven pressure to the motors.   

I am surprise the backpack is designed like this.  Not sure if my concern is valid.   I also saw some video online saying to flip the P4P when placed inside this backpack, so the landing legs are facing upwards and the 4 motors are touching the inner of the hard shell.  But still the landing legs will be pressed against my back and rough in motion.

The only advantage I can see with DJI backpack is that it has a hard shell, and also it is the smallest P4P backpack I can find and can fit into all my accessories as well.

Anyone has any advice if I should keep or return this DJI backpack ?  and if keep, how to protect the motors ?

Thanks
Sam.
2020-11-2
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

Please make sure that you have bought the genuine article, I would return the unit if it is not suitable.
2020-11-2
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Yes, I believe I have purchased a genuine Phantom Series Multifunctional Backpack.  I purchased it from a reputable local hi-tech store Best Buy.  I indeed have checked against the pictures from the DJI store.  Because DJI has run out of stock for a very long time, so I ordered from outside.  Even in the picture you have posted above, the 4 motors are above the edge of the hard shell.  So, after you zip up the back cover, the 4 motors will press against the back.  May I ask how can  the motors being protected with this backpack.

Thanks
Sam.
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Sam, the backpack has limited space, however, you can use it safely, not too violently is ok, please don't worry.
2020-11-5
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Other than this design flaw (I would consider it is), this is the most compact backpack with hard shell I can find in the market, and I like its compact design compared with others.
So, I am taking your words for it.  I am keeping it and will take it to travel soon.

Thanks
Sam.
2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Drone AV Posted at 11-6 01:47
Other than this design flaw (I would consider it is), this is the most compact backpack with hard shell I can find in the market, and I like its compact design compared with others.
So, I am taking your words for it.  I am keeping it and will take it to travel soon.

Hope you have a nice trip. Happy flying, Sam.
2020-11-6
Use props
RachelAlsop
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't have this kind of backpack but I've seen your post and might have something to help you.
2021-9-18
Use props
RachelAlsop
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't have this kind of backpack but I've seen your post and might have something to help you. Try to look on https://backpacks.global/ it is a nice platform where you can find articles on different subjects. Try to search DJI and maybe something useful will hope up. If you won't find anything helpful try to go on their review page or the compare section. You can compare the backpacks by different categories. I really hope this was at least a little bit helpful for you and for your search.
2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RachelAlsop Posted at 9-22 04:57
I don't have this kind of backpack but I've seen your post and might have something to help you. Try to look on https://backpacks.global/ it is a nice platform where you can find articles on different subjects. Try to search DJI and maybe something useful will hope up. If you won't find anything helpful try to go on their review page or the compare section. You can compare the backpacks by different categories. I really hope this was at least a little bit helpful for you and for your search.

Hi there. Thanks for helping out our fellow DJI Forum user. Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you.
2021-9-23
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Thanks for all your input.
I ended up purchase one backpack from Amazon.com and one from DJI for different purpose.  So far works well for me.  But is heavy to carry the drone up the mountain tops.
2021-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules