Dji Mavic Air sensors
347 3 2020-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CMIoPtAApxa0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108435 ft
Switzerland

While on ActiveTrack my 10 month old Mavic Air flew head on into a wooden fence post. After sending it in for repair I was told that it was not under warranty as the sensors do not pick up ‘obstacles with a small surface area.’

After asking what the parameters for defining a ‘small surface area’ were I was sent a picture of the manual which defines them as ‘branches  or power-lines.’ I’m not sure how big the biggest branches can be but it does seem to be a rather broad and rather vague definition especially given the size of the fence post (see screenshot of moments before the crash).

Any one else had similar experiences?
14244948-4D13-48F9-828F-6834BBFAA0BB.jpeg
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello djiuser_CMIoPtAApxa0, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate the photo you have shared. It is unfortunate to know that your Aircraft crashed. With regards to the sensors of the Mavic Air, it is equipped with forward, backward and downward Vision Systems. An artificial intelligent vision has limitations compared to what we see through our naked eye. As per manual that was provided to you. "Flying over a small and fine objects (e.g. tree branches or power lines) is included to the cons of the vision system as it is quite small to visualize by the vision system. Moreover DJI drones equipped with a camera view so that user can see if the aircrafts required manual control to avoid obstacles. I hope you find the information helpful. Always fly safe and thank you for your support.
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_CMIoPtAApxa0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108435 ft
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-3 06:36
Hello djiuser_CMIoPtAApxa0, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate the photo you have shared. It is unfortunate to know that your Aircraft crashed. With regards to the sensors of the Mavic Air, it is equipped with forward, backward and downward Vision Systems. An artificial intelligent vision has limitations compared to what we see through our naked eye. As per manual that was provided to you. "Flying over a small and fine objects (e.g. tree branches or power lines) is included to the cons of the vision system as it is quite small to visualize by the vision system. Moreover DJI drones equipped with a camera view so that user can see if the aircrafts required manual control to avoid obstacles. I hope you find the information helpful. Always fly safe and thank you for your support.
Thanks for the answer Dji but it still misses the point as the fence post with the supporting beam was (in my humble opinion) a rather large object.

Like I said in my previous post, stating that branches are small objects leaves alot of room for interpretation. Do you not have any more specific guidelines?
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_CMIoPtAApxa0 Posted at 11-3 07:46
Thanks for the answer Dji but it still misses the point as the fence post with the supporting beam was (in my humble opinion) a rather large object.

Like I said in my previous post, stating that branches are small objects leaves alot of room for interpretation. Do you not have any more specific guidelines?

Hi, our team had replied and explained to you in the email, please check the email accordingly, if you have further concerns, please let us know, thank you.
2020-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules