4461 26 2020-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinh98
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878471 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have an issue with the gimbal vibrating and going into safety when the wide angle lens is fitted.

I have tried calibrating and turning it up the other way.

It appears to be ok on the pocket one, except it does occaisionally have focus issues.

Any ideas ? is it faulty ?

Kevin
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Kevin, sorry for that case happened. Could you please help to export the log (MISC/LOG) for better analysis? You may upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with me, I'll forward it to our engineers for a check. Thanks.
2020-11-4
Use props
playr
lvl.1
Poland

Happened to me once, but before firmware update. After that, there were no problems with vibrations.
2020-11-4
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878471 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

playr Posted at 11-4 04:34
Happened to me once, but before firmware update. After that, there were no problems with vibrations.

Yes it was the update that was the key, works fine now cheers.
2020-11-4
Use props
djiuser_IknCKSdHnVtk
New
South Korea

I have same issue after the firmware update as below
-youtu.be/P_cXZVTG-BE

2020-11-4
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Before the firmware update, the wide angle lens easily overwhelms the gimbal motor (for those who don't know, the vibration is because the gimbal is trying to move to the angle it wants but isn't using enough power due to the added weight of the lens)

After the firmware update, it happens LESS often but usually when it's just trying to look slightly up from level, while it's a good thing that after the firmware update, I can just hold it still for a while and it'll start vibrating, I can imagine this being a problem when I don't have the camera on me and expect it to be tracking me properly.
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_R3hQdnENl1FV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
United States

Mine also vibrates when the wide angle lens is attached.  It's not usable unless it's totally stationary.

It supposed to auto detect the wide angle lens (and also ND filters).  I've seen the "ND/Wide angle attached" message pop up when applying ND filters.  
I assume it boosts motor strength and shuts down the gimbal with the lens pointing outwards.

It never detects the wide angle lens for me.
A firmware update to either improve the auto detection or allow you to manually toggle wide angle/ND filters ON/OFF would  help.  
2020-11-10
Use props
Paulmallari
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

djiuser_R3hQdnENl1FV Posted at 11-10 02:21
Mine also vibrates when the wide angle lens is attached.  It's not usable unless it's totally stationary.

It supposed to auto detect the wide angle lens (and also ND filters).  I've seen the "ND/Wide angle attached" message pop up when applying ND filters.  

received my pocket 2 today and did some testing, when attaching the wide angle it doesnt recognize the lens and keep vibrating and then turn into protective mode. any fix on this?
2020-11-12
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

djiuser_R3hQdnENl1FV Posted at 11-10 02:21

It's supposed to have such a message? I've never seen it before myself!
2020-11-12
Use props
Ron_H
lvl.2
United States

Marauderz Posted at 11-12 05:01
It's supposed to have such a message? I've never seen it before myself!

Yes, a message pops up at the top saying "Wide-angle lens installed" if its detected.  
There's also a "ND filter installed" message that can pop up.  

Unfortunately it's not detected though. I only see the wide angle message when I put an ND filter on.  

2020-11-12
Use props
Paulmallari
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

djiuser_IknCKSdHnVtk Posted at 11-4 23:58
-youtu.be/P_cXZVTG-BE

have you fixed this? i have the same issue
2020-11-15
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Ron_H Posted at 11-12 19:55
Yes, a message pops up at the top saying "Wide-angle lens installed" if its detected.  
There's also a "ND filter installed" message that can pop up.  

Well... hopefully it’s just a weight detection issue that they still haven’t dialled in the weight of their own wide angle lens.. sick of hearing a crunch when I turn the pocket 2 off with the wide angle attached..
2020-11-16
Use props
Ron_H
lvl.2
United States

Marauderz Posted at 11-16 20:23
Well... hopefully it’s just a weight detection issue that they still haven’t dialled in the weight of their own wide angle lens.. sick of hearing a crunch when I turn the pocket 2 off with the wide angle attached..

I believe it detects it some other way because the message pops up before the filter even touches the lens.   

If you move the wide angle lens around in front of the lens without touching it you should be able to get the message to pop up.  It's inconsistent though  

Maybe it's optical or something.  
2020-11-16
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Ron_H Posted at 11-16 21:17
I believe it detects it some other way because the message pops up before the filter even touches the lens.   

If you move the wide angle lens around in front of the lens without touching it you should be able to get the message to pop up.  It's inconsistent though  

Could be a magnetic switch then.. Optical would mean it's wasting processor power figuring out if something is attached.
2020-11-17
Use props
Tony Lau
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-4 03:11
Hi Kevin, sorry for that case happened. Could you please help to export the log (MISC/LOG) for better analysis? You may upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with me, I'll forward it to our engineers for a check. Thanks.

Hi DJI,

I just picked up my DJI Pocket 2 and encountered the wide angle lens vibration issue exactly as described in this discussion.  My Pocket 2 already has the latest firmware (v01.01.00.30) installed out of the box. Even though some mentioned the new firmware fixes the issue, it is not the case for me.

Some mentioned that the Pocket 2 is supposed to show a notification on screen when an accessory lens is attached.  I do not see this notification when I put the wide angle lens on.

Please let me know what my next step should be for resolving this issue
2020-12-6
Use props
Tony Lau
lvl.1
Canada

Tony Lau Posted at 12-6 16:30
Hi DJI,

I just picked up my DJI Pocket 2 and encountered the wide angle lens vibration issue exactly as described in this discussion.  My Pocket 2 already has the latest firmware (v01.01.00.30) installed out of the box. Even though some mentioned the new firmware fixes the issue, it is not the case for me.

I had an online chat with DJI Support this morning to explain the symptoms:
- the Pocket 2 does not recognize the wide angle lens
- when Pocket 2 is turned off with the wide angle lens attached, the lens knocks on the gimbal.
- after a few minutes of usage, the gimbal starts to vibrate and eventually gets into the gimbal protect mode

DJI will send me a new wide angle lens.  I'll provide an update after I receive it.
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tony Lau Posted at 12-6 16:30
Hi DJI,

Hi Tony, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your wide-angle lens, please send us an email at support@dji.com, our team will provide further assistance. Thanks.
2020-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Paulmallari Posted at 11-12 01:06
received my pocket 2 today and did some testing, when attaching the wide angle it doesnt recognize the lens and keep vibrating and then turn into protective mode. any fix on this?

Hi Paulmallari, sorry for the late response. If the issue still persists, please contact our support team via support@dji.com for further assistance, we'll do our best to help this out. Thanks.
2020-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_IknCKSdHnVtk Posted at 11-4 23:58
-youtu.be/P_cXZVTG-BE

Hi there, sorry for the late response. If the issue still persists, please contact our support team via support@dji.com for further assistance, we'll do our best to help this out. Thanks.
2020-12-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just acquired a Pocket 2, which is on the earlier firmware as I haven't yet updated it. Concerned by your observation, I've just tried the wide-angle lens. No evidence of vibration at all. I've switched off and on a few times and it's fine. I gather yours is now OK after firmware update. I shall do that soon, as I believe that includes the mod for HDR video?
2020-12-8
Use props
Tony Lau
lvl.1
Canada

Tony Lau Posted at 12-7 23:52
I had an online chat with DJI Support this morning to explain the symptoms:
- the Pocket 2 does not recognize the wide angle lens
- when Pocket 2 is turned off with the wide angle lens attached, the lens knocks on the gimbal.

Just received the replacement wide angle lens today.  Now the Pocket 2 can recognize the lens when I put it on and can shutdown without knocking the lens against the gimbal.

I'll do more tests later to check if the vibration issue is gone.

I tried to put the orginal wide angle lens into the case that comes with the replacement, and found that the case actually repelled the original lens on one side.  I suspect one of the magnets on the original lens is in an incorrect orientation. This may explain why the Pocket 2 cannot detect the original lens.  The issue is likely unrelated to firmware.
2020-12-17
Use props
Jasta ~
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

Mine doesn't show up any NOTIFICATIONS when attaching the LENS, but it didn't vibrate.. DO i need to ask for a replacement for Wide Lens?
2020-12-17
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

Mine does the exact same thing it vibrates when attached :-( and I have the latest firmware too.
the Pocket 2 does not recognize the wide angle lens at all & when Pocket 2 is turned off with the
wide angle lens attached, the lens knocks on the gimbal.

2020-12-24
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Tony Lau Posted at 12-17 13:23
Just received the replacement wide angle lens today.  Now the Pocket 2 can recognize the lens when I put it on and can shutdown without knocking the lens against the gimbal.

I'll do more tests later to check if the vibration issue is gone.

Well well well.. So DJI, if my wide angle lens isn't detected, does that mean you need to send me a replacement as well? should this be a recall then?
2020-12-27
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

So I decided to email the support address and mentioned the wide angle lens not being detected... And they've just requested for my shipping address too... if this is the case, anyone whose wide angle lens can't be detected when they put it on the camera should just get in contact with DJI already..
2020-12-30
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

Marauderz Posted at 2020-12-30 17:01
So I decided to email the support address and mentioned the wide angle lens not being detected... And they've just requested for my shipping address too... if this is the case, anyone whose wide angle lens can't be detected when they put it on the camera should just get in contact with DJI already..

Would you be kind enough to provide the email you emailed to? Mine is also not being detected & vibrates a lot too. Thank you
2021-1-15
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Dualped Posted at 1-15 10:57
Would you be kind enough to provide the email you emailed to? Mine is also not being detected & vibrates a lot too. Thank you

It's the usual support@dji.com email.
2021-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules