n00b video editing programs?
1073 15 2020-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ameri180304
lvl.2
United States

If I wanted to do voice overs, music - any recommendations?

I'm extremely talented when it comes to programming, or even graphic programs like photoshop, etc - Never in my life, have I touched video editing work.  I believe Adobe Premier does this right?  If I wanted to make little drone videos with music, maybe a voiceover - recommendations on noob friendly programs?

2020-11-3
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Don't know Adobe Premier but openshot is free and user friendly. Let's you separate audio and video. If you're  looking for royalty-free music try
www.soundimage.org  Eric Matyas
2020-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For Drone videos I would strongly recommend LumaFusion, you will need iPad or iPhone , it’s incredibly fast handles 4k incredibly well, you can use it on the go , features everything you will need to edit video including option to use story blocks Music special effects sounds thousands of options. Software app will only cost $25 to get started. It also works in tandem with FCPX. I started out using FCPX and purchased LumaFusion thinking it might be useful when traveling, now it’s my go to editing software.
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello ameri180304, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. There are lots of editing tools/applications out there although, let's wait for responses coming from our co-pilots here in DJI Forum. They might have a better recommendation for your needs. Thank you for your support. Always fly safe!.
2020-11-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I personally use Final Cut and Adobe Premier.  I use a Mac so Final Cut is my go to. Definitely look for the free cinematic luts on internet. It really is the best I have found.  Sorry, I do not have link.
2020-11-3
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I worked with Premiere CS4 and is very professional, long time ago. It is not so easy to operate.
Now, I use free video software for the Phantom 3 Pro and Mini.
If you want a software that is very user friendly and still have many capabilities, effects, is memory light and license free, try SHOTCUT (they have even a portable version).
Have good flights and  editing videos!
2020-11-3
Use props
mendo
lvl.3

United States

I had ever used the DRmare Media Converter Mac to add music to my drone videos. It is quite easy to use and output lossless video quality. Maybe you could give it a try. By the way, I learn that this tool is on big discount in DRmare now. It's a best chance to get one for you now.
2020-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try Davinci Resolve,   they have a free tier that is very capable.
2020-11-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Davinci Resolve from Black Magic Design would do all that you want, and there is a FREE version for non-commercial use. Versions for Windows and Mac.  I've used it for several years, starting with version 14 and now the latest version, 16.
2020-11-4
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

i use Filmora ,,, pretty easy ....
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LumaFusion is a great editing app
2020-11-4
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Davinci Resolve 16.
You can get 2 tiers, the free version and the paid studio version, let me say though that the free version can do everything you are looking for and then some too, really easy program to get to grips with, the studio paid version i think lets you do a number of things with 3D rendering and similar that you cannot do in the free version, overall though i would say it is worth downloading and having a try out with, at least then you will know if it can do what you are looking for & wanting.
2020-11-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Davinci Resolve 16 Free version is easy to use, and really powerful.
Even buying the Studio-version will be cheaper than 1 year subscription with Premiere Pro.
If you have Nvidia gfx-card, then you will get the choice of exporting really fast using your gfx-card (Studio) and with my 2070 Super I render out 4K videos in real-time.
2020-11-4
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

If you don't mind looking around you can find legitimate Magix Vegas (Formally Sony Vegas) for under $50, really simple and easy to use, ton's of videos on youtube. I got vegas 14/15 on Humble Bundle for under $35 but they only offer it once a year and theirs no telling when it'll be up, so check back often.
2020-11-4
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't use Adobe Premier Pro if you are a beginner. That software has the abilities to frustrate the heck out of you, causing you to lose all your work with a wrong click of the button. Gain some experiences by using less complex software such as MOVAVI's video editor.
2020-11-4
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Premier Pro.
2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules