Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Rolling - No FPV Mode
1106 14 2020-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

TLDR: The gimbal is rolling with the aircraft.  It is NOT in FPV mode.  The rolling is more subtle than FPV Mode, but is similar.  There was no warning that I'd reached the gimbal limit.

I just got a replacement for my Mavic 2 Pro via Express Refresh.  I reconnected the remote, and upon first launch I had to calibrate the compass.
The first use of it went terribly.  Every time I'd go sideways, the gimbal would roll.   

2020-11-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha makai,

That is actually normal for replacements, upgrades and updates.  You probably should go into all the settings and set them to your preferences.  You will learn just how versatile your Mavic 2 Pro is.  That is quite a tool you have in that camera.

What I did for other DJI products that use DJI GO 4 is look up DJI Grace's online manual for DJI GO 4.  There you can virtually tour DJI GO 4 and find what settings you may want to change rather than wasting a battery to find that information directly.  Graces online manual also has short explanations of each function for guidance.

Please do realize that not all DJI Products use DJI GO 4 the same way so you will have to investigate each setting in a bit more detail than you might think.  But that is what is nice about it all - it keeps you thinking.  You are spoon fed very little!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118397

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-3
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-3 17:34
Aloha makai,

That is actually normal for replacements, upgrades and updates.  You probably should go into all the settings and set them to your preferences.  You will learn just how versatile your Mavic 2 Pro is.  That is quite a tool you have in that camera.

I'm not a novice pilot.  I'm actually even FAA 107 certified and use the drone professionally.  I didn't have these issues with the first drone and I know how to set it up.  Thanks anyway.  Anyone with any help that doesn't assume I'm idiot would be appreciated.  The problem is the roll tilt when moving from side to side.  
2020-11-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sky_makai Posted at 11-3 17:50
I'm not a novice pilot.  I'm actually even FAA 107 certified and use the drone professionally.  I didn't have these issues with the first drone and I know how to set it up.  Thanks anyway.  Anyone with any help that doesn't assume I'm idiot would be appreciated.  The problem is the roll tilt when moving from side to side.

Aloha makai,

Woah, I see you are a little tender on the experience side, being Level 4 and all.  No one said you were a novice at anything, of course you did not mention your experience level either, it is under your Avatar.  If you do not want good advice given in good faith, I do not know how many people on this Forum will be willing to offer you help considering you already know everything you need to know to the point of refusing good advice and with a chip on your shoulder no less.

I can guarantee you that if you followed my advice, you would solve your problem, but apparently you would rather be spoon fed by someone so you do not have to think.  You are aware that getting  your FAA Part 107 is not when you stop thinking.  You have to keep thinking, kind of like life.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Video appears to be unavailable.
2020-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can't watch the video!
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No video uploaded to view?
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sky_makai, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Would you be able to re-upload the video so that we can check this further. Also, have you tried to do the gimbal calibration just to see if this will resolve the issue. You can go to the three dots on the upper right corner of the DJI Go 4 app and select the Camera Icon. Under Gimbal Settings select "Gimbal Auto Calibration". Please let me know if the calibration is successful. Please keep us posted so that we can further assist you. Thank you.
2020-11-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Make video available
2020-11-4
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-3 23:43
Aloha makai,

Woah, I see you are a little tender on the experience side, being Level 4 and all.  No one said you were a novice at anything, of course you did not mention your experience level either, it is under your Avatar.  If you do not want good advice given in good faith, I do not know how many people on this Forum will be willing to offer you help considering you already know everything you need to know to the point of refusing good advice and with a chip on your shoulder no less.

DJI's 'Levels' have nothing to do with how much experience someone has.
Apparently, you're super experienced at giving people advice on the forum.  Congrats on that.

However, it appears you didn't take the time to read my post.  That should be a requirement of giving advice.  

You should first understand the issue.  Your advice read as though it was a copy/paste response you offer for any issue you think fits the category.

You said that the issue I'm experiencing is 'normal'.  Perhaps you thought I was complaining about having to calibrate the compass.  That is NOT the issue.  The title and description should be clear, as should the video.  The gimbal is rolling sideways while the aircraft is moving sideways.

After re-pairing the new aircraft, I DID go through all the menus on the remote and set all the settings the way I like them.  Nothing explains the gimbal rolling while the aircraft is moving sideways.  It persists even when restarting the aircraft, controller, DJI GO 4, and tablet/phone.

2020-11-4
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-3 23:57
Video appears to be unavailable.

sorry about that.  was available, then not.  should be available now.
2020-11-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sky_makai Posted at 11-4 09:58
DJI's 'Levels' have nothing to do with how much experience someone has.
Apparently, you're super experienced at giving people advice on the forum.  Congrats on that.

Aloha makai,

OK, shall we back up here and start over.  First work with DJI Paladin, he will get you the best service if there is a problem with the device.  

You appear to have said that you have the M2P in "Follow", not "FPV" mode.  Without a functioning video it is sometimes difficult to identify a problem.  But, it still looks like your M2P is in FPV mode and if you put it into FPV mode and fly it, then change it back to Follow mode, you can sometimes resolve the problem.  If this does not work, try DJI Paladin's suggestion about "Gimbal Auto Calibration".  That way a settings problem does not interfere with the calibration.

DJI software usually has autocorrection, like most software, and most problems fix themselves.  Hopefully this is the issue in your case.  If these suggestions do not resole your problem, work closely with DJI Paladin on getting a solution.

Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky_makai Posted at 11-4 09:59
sorry about that.  was available, then not.  should be available now.

Yes,  working again.
2020-11-5
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 09:36
Hello sky_makai, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Would you be able to re-upload the video so that we can check this further. Also, have you tried to do the gimbal calibration just to see if this will resolve the issue. You can go to the three dots on the upper right corner of the DJI Go 4 app and select the Camera Icon. Under Gimbal Settings select "Gimbal Auto Calibration". Please let me know if the calibration is successful. Please keep us posted so that we can further assist you. Thank you.

Calibrated Gimbal and Flashed firmware.  Issue seems to have been resolved. Thanks!
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sky_makai Posted at 11-10 09:44
Calibrated Gimbal and Flashed firmware.  Issue seems to have been resolved. Thanks!

Hi there sky_makai, I appreciate your response and I'm glad that your issue has been resolved. For issues related to camera and gimbal you can always do gimbal calibration or reset camera settings to troubleshoot the issue. Enjoy flying and thank you for your support.
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules