1345 13 2020-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans715169aa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got the Creator Combo and within 10 minutes the mini tripod was stuck in the thread of the Do It All Handle.

I eventually got it out, but the tripod is really poorly put together and I would warn against using it. I saw an early reviewer having a similar issue  Avoid.

The device itself seems great and the DIA Handle and microphone seem excellent. I have upgraded from version 1 and am happy with the decision!
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Pocket 2. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2020-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2020-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope DJI will fix this.
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this information.
2020-11-4
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

What is poorly put together? I got mine in, and it's just fine for the expectation that I have. it stands solid on its tripod, so I wonder what do you mean with put together poorly.
2020-11-5
Use props
Ulsterscot
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OmeSlikkum Posted at 11-5 02:32
What is poorly put together? I got mine in, and it's just fine for the expectation that I have. it stands solid on its tripod, so I wonder what do you mean with put together poorly.

It seems to be the construction of the device - the tripod is attached to the device via a ball and socket arrangement and if the thread is "sticky" in the device, trying to remove the tripod just results in it spinning round the ball section. The legs move round, but the thread doesn't unscrew.

It is certainly fair to say that the device sits well on the tripod, but if it becomes reluctant to unscrew, it is quite a job to get a grip and allow it to come out. As I stated above, I saw a YouTube review where someone else seemed to be having the same problem and had to dismantle the tripod entirely to remove it.
2020-11-5
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

Maybe a dumb suggestion of me but the tripod has a flathead screw in it. You can use a screwdriver or a coin to unscrew it. Doesn't that work?
2020-11-5
Use props
Ulsterscot
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OmeSlikkum Posted at 11-5 02:58
Maybe a dumb suggestion of me but the tripod has a flathead screw in it. You can use a screwdriver or a coin to unscrew it. Doesn't that work?

No it doesn't - that screwhead isn't actually attached to the threaded portion. That's what allows the movement in the ball and socket portion.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, when disassembling the micro tripod, we recommend that you slightly tilt the tripod during disassembly. For more help, you can watch this video to see how to remove the tripod.
2020-11-5
Use props
Ulsterscot
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 11-5 04:57
Hi there, when disassembling the micro tripod, we recommend that you slightly tilt the tripod during disassembly. For more help, you can watch this video to see how to remove the tripod.

Unfortunately that really doesn't help. The threads are just inclined to bind and tilting won't help with that. Eventually the ball and socket just separated....
2020-11-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ulsterscot Posted at 11-7 08:38
Unfortunately that really doesn't help. The threads are just inclined to bind and tilting won't help with that. Eventually the ball and socket just separated....

Did you maybe over tighten it? As I am not having or seeing this issue.
2020-11-7
Use props
Ulsterscot
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 11-7 09:23
Did you maybe over tighten it? As I am not having or seeing this issue.

I'm guessing that's what I would be told, but I am also aware of seeing an early review video where the reviewer appeared to have the same problem.

Ultimately, these mini tripods aren't that durable. Being able to casually hand tighten it to a degree where it can't be removed without tools is a nuisance for a product designed to be stuffed in a pocket or bag.
2020-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules