5404 21 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is it possible to operate the Zoom Function on the, Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. And if so, how ?

2020-11-4
Use props
playr
lvl.1
Poland

I don't have the rod with me right now but as far as I remember when attaching P2 to the rod (offline mode - without Mimo App) there are quick settings in device menu to choose controller mode, (just like the small joystick).
Edit:

Sorry, my mistake - there is no such option. P2 recognizes the rod, but zoom / tilt mode is only for touch screen "quick slider" and has no effect on the rod.
2020-11-4
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I hope DJI upgrades Rod to support Zoom. Suggestion +1.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

playr Posted at 11-4 04:29
I don't have the rod with me right now but as far as I remember when attaching P2 to the rod (offline mode - without Mimo App) there are quick settings in device menu to choose controller mode, (just like the small joystick).
Edit:

True, this is indeed not possible . Hopefully, this will come with an update.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Bryan, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. The Zoom function will only be able to achieve with the use of mini control stick, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 12:54
Hello Bryan, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. The Zoom function will only be able to achieve with the use of mini control stick, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for the comment, it doesn't seem impossible to me to connect it to the P1 or P2 button on the Rod,
In a next update, I really miss it
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_r93Z9s1Nf9OA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 12:54

Will anxiously be awaiting this enhancement. I prefer to use the extension rod without my phone mounted
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_tsRXVv1BW6Z1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 813284 ft
United States

I hope to see the “zoom” function added to the extension rod as well. I prefer to use only the rod and pocket 2 if I don’t need the wireless mic.  Having the do-it-all handle connected to audio drains the battery enough as is— connecting the phone not only makes the Pocket 2 battery as short lived as a “charcoal hand-warmer”, but it gets just as hot too...
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_tsRXVv1BW6Z1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 813284 ft
United States

Aavalaakso Posted at 2020-11-5 03:40

one more time for the people in the back!
2021-1-9
Use props
Viva Terlingua
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163862 ft
United States

Aavalaakso Posted at 2020-11-5 03:40

+1 from me as well.
2021-2-19
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

Please Add Extension Rod Joystick Sensitivity Control Setting.. Much Needed.. and Zoom Function On stick
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_oix6lSADGMBo
New

Australia

Yes this is very much desired feature omitted in the extension rod.  Hard to think it was technically difficult.  Please rectify this DJI !
2021-4-11
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Would be nice to also zoom with the rxtension rod.
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_IFqPrMIJoexI
lvl.1
France

Yes, please.
Did developers simply forgot it during conception ?
Can't be...
2021-10-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

That certainly would be a welcome addition, actually wondering a bit why that really wasn't available from the get-go with the Pocket 2... Good to know this if I end up getting one myself.
2021-10-28
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Also dji did not do this. They only want to sell things.
2021-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Alien433 Posted at 11-4 11:13
Also dji did not do this. They only want to sell things.

I am afraid this is true. It feels like they are somewhat short-sighted in thinking that it's not worth doing updates unless they can sell a new product with it. But I'll say this: If I knew I had the chance to zoom with the selfie stick, it would certainly make it a more tempting buy. As for now, I am somewhat hesitant about it.
2021-11-4
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

Any updates on Zoom function on Extension Rod?
And any sensitivity control joystick on Rod?
Been waiting for these updates for long
2021-11-17
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-11-5 12:54

Any updates on Zoom function on Extension Rod?
And any sensitivity control joystick on Rod?
Been waiting for long now
2021-11-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I heard they are going to update the Pocket 2 firmware. Not sure though if this update will enable the zoom function on the Extension rod. We'll have to keep our thumbs up...
2021-11-19
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-19 08:21
I heard they are going to update the Pocket 2 firmware. Not sure though if this update will enable the zoom function on the Extension rod. We'll have to keep our thumbs up...

Do you really believe that.
2021-11-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Alien433 Posted at 11-19 10:26
Do you really believe that.

Well, they said it is in a beta stage, so I do believe there is something coming up. Not really commenting what, because the only thing they have said is about 4K tracking. But there is at least a small possibility that they will address something else too.
2021-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules