storage of Drones
512 8 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryski59
lvl.1

Canada

I live in Northern canada and would like to store my drone over the winter do i need a trickle charger any tips or other information would be most appreciated. Thank you. ( Mavic 2 Pro) and a (phantom 2)
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello jerryski59, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. I recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform this routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy.​ Let's wait as well to the recommendation we can get from the members of this community. They might have suggestions. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ensure you at least fully charge it once every 3 months and try to let it hover to discharge battery then charge again to 60% and store it.
2020-11-4
Use props
jerryski59
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you for your advice much appreciated
2020-11-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

jerryski59@hotm Posted at 11-4 10:47
Thank you for your advice much appreciated

You are welcome
2020-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also dont let them get too cold either.
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Store them at room temperature
2020-11-5
Use props
Dean
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

During storage: humidity , full battery and high temp storage area are to be avoided. Store in doors but not in Shower room or wash room or laundry room or any room where humidity might be high. Any bedrooom or living area should be fine.. Discharge batteries as explained in other posts: Batteries will become damaged if subjected to humidity (weather that be in the drink or too much moisture in the air) and also become damaged if stored with a full charge for extended periods of time.
2020-11-5
Use props
jerryski59
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you for the information much appreciated.
2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules