QuickTransfer - DJI Fly App
5353 10 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Has anyone figured out how to use the new QuickTransfer Function in new DJI Fly app (version 1.2.0) update on IOS?  Will it require a firmware update?
I have not been able to figure out to connect the Air2 to WiFi.  There are no prompts or options in the Setting tabs.

Hopefully, this feature will be available for Mavic Air 2.

2020-11-4
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I guess it is for new Mini2 only...check the second last sentence.

2020-11-4
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The IOS update language is slightly different from the Android.  It is "compatible", not "only compatible" with Mini 2.  Thanks for posting the Android versions notes.  

2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When I updated the app I had a pop up saying the app wants to link with bluetooth - may be that has something to do with it
2020-11-4
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

They may use Bluetooth to transfer the Wifi network credentials and then connect using the latter. That's method is not unheard of. I have downloaded the new app on my iPhone but haven't tried to figure that feature out yet.
2020-11-4
Use props
Dirtfishingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235397 ft

United States

After the update I cant download to my phone or tablet and some of the words are in another language
Screenshot_20201104-205511.jpg
Screenshot_20201104-205611.jpg
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JohnLietzke. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. As of the moment the QuickTransfer feature on the DJI Fly Application is only available for the DJI Mini 2. The DJI mini 2 can connect directly to mobile device via Wi-Fi, enabling user to download photos and videos from the drone to the mobile device through DJI Fly application without the need of a remote controller. Pilots can enjoy faster and more convenient download with a transmission rate of up to 20 MB/s. Thank you.

2020-11-4
Use props
batfink
New
Flight distance : 177795 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 20:13
Hello there JohnLietzke. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. As of the moment the QuickTransfer feature on the DJI Fly Application is only available for the DJI Mini 2. The DJI mini 2 can connect directly to mobile device via Wi-Fi, enabling user to download photos and videos from the drone to the mobile device through DJI Fly application without the need of a remote controller. Pilots can enjoy faster and more convenient download with a transmission rate of up to 20 MB/s. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have a Mini 2 connected with a Google Pixel 3a XL and cannot get this to work. Neither of the methods above give any connection with quick transfer. When I try method 1 I do not get a prompt to "connect", instead, I have the normal landing page with "connect aircraft" which then tells me to connect the controller...
In method 2, with the controller connected, I get a prompt saying "switch to quick transfer mode". I click "swtich" and the drone bleeps and flashing blue lights appear. After about 20s I then get a message on the app saying "switching failed" and it suggests I restart the drone.  Neither restarting the phone, drone, or toggling the bluetooth and wifi on or off helps.  Please can you give further advice as I want to use this feature as transfer times are currently very slow and this advertised feature should work.
2020-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there batfink. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3a XL ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3a XL will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-12-31
Use props
timridder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29478 ft
Belgium

I have the same problem with my poco X3 NFC  ... it's allways trying to connect, then asks me to move mobile device closer...it never works... I updated everything, wifi and bluetooth are on...
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276473 ft
Slovenia

timridder Posted at 2-14 15:15
I have the same problem with my poco X3 NFC  ... it's allways trying to connect, then asks me to move mobile device closer...it never works... I updated everything, wifi and bluetooth are on...

Hey, I've had the same problem with tripltek 8inch tablet, then figured it out after a few days of frustration and trying different things. First go into airplane mode, switch on Bluetooth and wifi, turn on Mini2, press quick transfer button on Mini2, open DJI fly app and... It worked for me, don't know why, but Mini2 wifi is recognised only in airplain mode. But what is interesting is that on my Samsung phones which connect to mini2 on normal mode on connection properties it says it is "connected through Google", while on tripltek it says "connected through DJI fly". So I'm thinking it has to do something with Tripltek/Google compatibility.
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules