Problem with USB port cover
639 10 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171250 ft
Greece

Hi! I am from Greece and recently i bought Mavic Air 2!  As you can see in the picture i upload the USB port cover doesn't close very well.
I would like to know:
1. If i will have humidity problem and as a result will destroy the port or the cover is only for dust protection.
2. The shop that i bought it told me that the only solution is to send it in Germany to replace the cover. They can't replace it. This is unacceptable because i will have to wait 15-20 working days to get it back and due to Covid i think this will be much longer. Also it is the danger to lose the drone in transportation and i don't know who will cover me under this situation. DJI, the shop i bought it or the courier company?
3. The official DJI store/service in Greece told me that they can't replace the cover because i didn't bought it from them. So i have to pay 70€ to replace it! That's what they asked.
I will appreciate it very much if someone has an answer for the above.

Thanks in advance.

USB port cover

USB port cover
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Socrates Gi, thank you for reaching us out and I feel sorry this has caused you. For better assistance you can contact our DJI Support under this link: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav scroll down the page and select "Tel" to contact them via phone or you can send them an email by selecting "Email". Proper resolution will be provided. Thank you and I'm looking forward to fix that one.
2020-11-4
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 08:55
Hello Socrates Gi, thank you for reaching us out and I feel sorry this has caused you. For better assistance you can contact our DJI Support under this link: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav scroll down the page and select "Tel" to contact them via phone or you can send them an email by selecting "Email". Proper resolution will be provided. Thank you and I'm looking forward to fix that one.

Thanks! I already did it! I hope i will have a respond asap.
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Socrates Gi Posted at 11-4 09:05
Thanks! I already did it! I hope i will have a respond asap.

Thank you, did you send it via email? If so, you can also provide your ticket number to me, I will help to keep an eye on it.
2020-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would just put a small piece of duct or mylar tape over it. That cover is not airtight anyway.
2020-11-4
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 20:18
Thank you, did you send it via email? If so, you can also provide your ticket number to me, I will help to keep an eye on it.

I 've sent it via email but i don't have a ticket number.
2020-11-4
Use props
LoonyFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37864 ft
United States

That USB cover on my MA2 also doesn't close properly and one side stocks out a bit. I don't think it's a problem.
2020-11-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Maybe try putting some type of weight on it to get it to sit flat.
2020-11-6
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 20:18
Thank you, did you send it via email? If so, you can also provide your ticket number to me, I will help to keep an eye on it.

Unfortunately nobody answered my email yet. It's been a week since i sent it. I don't know if this is normal. Do i have to sent it again?
I don't even want to think about what will happen if i have a more serious problem.
What is your opinion?
2020-11-10
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

GaryDoug Posted at 11-4 20:41
I would just put a small piece of duct or mylar tape over it. That cover is not airtight anyway.

I thought about it and maybe i 'll do it.
2020-11-10
Use props
Socrates Gi
lvl.2
Greece

LoonyFlyer Posted at 11-6 17:11
That USB cover on my MA2 also doesn't close properly and one side stocks out a bit. I don't think it's a problem.

It is a problem. The cover is not the same size on all sides. I checked it. That's why pops up on that side.
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules