Pocket 2 Low Light Test & Samples
5139 10 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdH
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hello all, I've just uploaded a quick video showing the low light performance of the Pocket 2.
IMO it's better than the OP 1 which is to be expected considering the slightly bigger sensor size and wider aperture. However, you can see from the video that the focus is slightly out which I hope will be ironed out in the future.

I've included some downloadable samples for those that are interested.

2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello EdH, thank you for reaching us out and I appricate the video you have shared. Thank you for the review. Enjoy using the Osmo Pocket 2 and capture more best moments. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-4
Use props
playr
lvl.1
Poland

I saw somebody posting similar low light test and claimed that HQ mode with 4K combo helps a lot with the noise. I often do a long shots with powerbank attached (even more than 90 min in 2.7K) so i'm worrying about the heat, because many people say that it's getting hotter than first OP.
2020-11-4
Use props
EdH
lvl.3
United Kingdom

playr Posted at 11-4 15:37
I saw somebody posting similar low light test and claimed that HQ mode with 4K combo helps a lot with the noise. I often do a long shots with powerbank attached (even more than 90 min in 2.7K) so i'm worrying about the heat, because many people say that it's getting hotter than first OP.

Hi, I shot these on high quality mode as mentioned in the video. As for the heat issue, to be honest, I don't really shoot extended length and it's quite cold in the UK now so I don't really notice any issue.
2020-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good work!
This is exactly what I would like to see before buying!
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-11-6
Use props
EdH
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 00:07
Good work!
This is exactly what I would like to see before buying!

Excellent. Glad that it helped
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EdH Posted at 11-6 01:57
Excellent. Glad that it helped

You're welcome!
Did you try motion timelapse already?
I wonder if you can change the video quality on that (with the previous software this could not be done)
and I'm looking for some examples of motion timelapse.
2020-11-6
Use props
EdH
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 01:58
You're welcome!
Did you try motion timelapse already?
I wonder if you can change the video quality on that (with the previous software this could not be done)

It is on my to shoot list however due to UK lockdown, I will need to see where I can go to get some shots. From what I can see, we can get the raw so the flexibility is greater. But it will need more post-possessing.

I'm hoping to get it done this weekend.
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EdH Posted at 11-6 02:12
It is on my to shoot list however due to UK lockdown, I will need to see where I can go to get some shots. From what I can see, we can get the raw so the flexibility is greater. But it will need more post-possessing.

I'm hoping to get it done this weekend.

Would be great!
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for sharing
2020-11-6
Use props