631 36 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

here comes my unboxing and first try out of DJI Pocket 2:

filmed with Pocket 2, Pocket 1 and Osmo Action.
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello kupoakupoa, thank you for reaching us out. I really appreciate sharing your video here in DJI Forum. Keep up the good work. Thank you for support.
2020-11-4
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 12:26
Hello kupoakupoa, thank you for reaching us out. I really appreciate sharing your video here in DJI Forum. Keep up the good work. Thank you for support.

Thank you very much Paladin for your nice comment. It´s always a great pleasure for me to work with DJI´s great film making tools!
2020-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats mate
2020-11-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 01:02
Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome DAFlys!
2020-11-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 11-5 01:09
Many congrats mate

Thank you buddy order the mini 2 today also
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-5 02:57
Thank you buddy  order the mini 2 today also

I'll wait until Apple have it in stock but many congrats once more - look forward to your reviews
2020-11-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 11-5 02:59
I'll wait until Apple have it in stock but many congrats once more - look forward to your reviews

originally i want wait for amazon but then i order at dji because i guess the run on it will be big and maybe the first stock runs out fast. looking forward to compare the mini to my mavic air 2 then.
2020-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-5 02:56
Your welcome DAFlys!

2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-5 03:06
originally i want wait for amazon but then i order at dji because i guess the run on it will be big and maybe the first stock runs out fast. looking forward to compare the mini to my mavic air 2 then.

The main benefit for me over the MA2 is the weight of the drone complying with EASA A1 subcategory use next year without compromising on the transmission/range, ability to record in 4K and handling stronger winds better than the first MM. It can also zoom x3 in 2.7K but the MA2 beats it in all remaining areas based on stats. This most definitely is not an upgrade to the MA2 but that 242g MTOM with all the upgrades over the original MM makes it worth serious consideration. I have no intention of paying £250 to obtain an A2 CofC and I don't want to be looking over my shoulder when flying my drone.
2020-11-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 11-5 03:12
The main benefit for me over the MA2 is the weight of the drone complying with EASA A1 subcategory use next year without compromising on the transmission/range, ability to record in 4K and handling stronger winds better than the first MM. It can also zoom x3 in 2.7K but the MA2 beats it in all remaining areas based on stats. This most definitely is not an upgrade to the MA2 but that 242g MTOM with all the upgrades over the original MM makes it worth serious consideration. I have no intention of paying £250 to obtain an A2 CofC and I don't want to be looking over my shoulder when flying my drone.

I totally agree my friend! hope i can fly this little drone in situations in wich i dont dare to fly the MA2.
if you understand what i mean. i like to fly under the radar of people around me and maybe the mini 2 give me more scope to do that in special situations..
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-5 03:18
I totally agree my friend! hope i can fly this little drone in situations in wich i dont dare to fly the MA2.
if you understand what i mean. i like to fly under the radar of people around me and maybe the mini 2 give me more scope to do that in special situations..

It certainly looks like you'll be able to fly it in built up areas providing its not in a NFZ or a local authority has not banned drones in the area.
2020-11-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 11-5 03:28
It certainly looks like you'll be able to fly it in built up areas providing its not in a NFZ or a local authority has not banned drones in the area.

i like to try it out in Hong Kong or maybe Tokyo when we can finally travel again.
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-5 03:31
i like to try it out in Hong Kong or maybe Tokyo when we can finally travel again.

Either would be awesome - I've been lucky enough to visit both cities but long before drones were around. Being able to go to the pub around the corner would be a good start for me in these times - the UK went back into lockdown today!
2020-11-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 11-5 03:34
Either would be awesome - I've been lucky enough to visit both cities but long before drones were around. Being able to go to the pub around the corner would be a good start for me in these times - the UK went back into lockdown today!

same here in Germany lock down light from this week. take care my friend
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-5 03:36
same here in Germany lock down light from this week. take care my friend

You too buddy - make sure you keep your Mini 2 more than 2m away from anyone
2020-11-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

2020-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see and congrats!
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 00:25
Nice to see and congrats!

Thank you Peter!
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope you can do a motionlapse video soon.
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 00:46
Hope you can do a motionlapse video soon.

Already make the first motianlapse shootings yesterday and integrate it in my new Video! guess i will upload it today evening.
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 01:04
Already make the first motianlapse shootings yesterday and integrate it in my new Video! guess i will upload it today evening.

Nice.
Looking forward.
Can you somehow set a video quality in the motion timelapse menu?
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 01:11
Nice.
Looking forward.
Can you somehow set a video quality in the motion timelapse menu?

Yes you can. for me yesterday it works best with 4K 25fps so i can use Active Track. I used also a ND32 filter and set shutter to 1/25 to get a little motion blur.
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 01:17
Yes you can. for me yesterday it works best with 4K 25fps so i can use Active Track. I used also a ND32 filter and set shutter to 1/25 to get a little motion blur.

Does that also have effect on the motion timelapse?
I'm really curious on that because in the previous Osmo software (Go) I could not change the output quality for motion timelapse.
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 01:48
Does that also have effect on the motion timelapse?
I'm really curious on that because in the previous Osmo software (Go) I could not change the output quality for motion timelapse.

I mean the Hyperlapse Function Peter. Try out the Timelapse Function too and the output Quality depends on your Foto settings. so i use RAW and the resolution is 4608 x 2592 pixel.
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 02:00
I mean the Hyperlapse Function Peter. Try out the Timelapse Function too and the output Quality depends on your Foto settings. so i use RAW and the resolution is 4608 x 2592 pixel.

Ah ok.
I ment the motion timelapse function.
So where the Pocket 2 is moving around while making a timelaps.
That would be my main feature to use actually (I love those type of shots)
But in previous versions it gave a rather 'pixelated' output
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 02:04
Ah ok.
I ment the motion timelapse function.
So where the Pocket 2 is moving around while making a timelaps.

In Mimo App we have Timelapse or Hyperlapse function. i guess you mean Hyperlapse in where you can choose how many frames per second you shoot and then you move to and around your object of interest.
in Timelapse Pocket 2 stands still on a Tripod as example and onle the camera head is moving while shoot frames.
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 02:28
In Mimo App we have Timelapse or Hyperlapse function. i guess you mean Hyperlapse in where you can choose how many frames per second you shoot and then you move to and around your object of interest.
in Timelapse Pocket 2 stands still on a Tripod as example and onle the camera head is moving while shoot frames.

No, I really mean motion timelapse (that is how it was called with the Osmo Mobile 1, maybe here they call it timelapse).
You set the pocket on a tripod and it moves the head.
That feature will be my main use for the Pocket 2 as I love this kind of footage.

I'm curious if you can change the output video quality in that mode (and how it looks on the best settings)
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 02:41
No, I really mean motion timelapse (that is how it was called with the Osmo Mobile 1, maybe here they call it timelapse).
You set the pocket on a tripod and it moves the head.
That feature will be my main use for the Pocket 2 as I love this kind of footage.

I see Peter. that feature is just called Timelapse now. you can forget the output Video quality of that. its only 1080p. BUT: you can also save the dng RAW files of that shooting and create a fantastic good looking motion timelapse of it in post production with Premiere or Davinci Resolve.
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 02:41
You set the pocket on a tripod and it moves the head.

Will make a special Video for you next week where i explain all motion timelapse abilitys of Pocket 2.
i get a little rush here with my Videos because just in this minute UPS deliver my Mini 2 also!!!
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 02:47
I see Peter. that feature is just called Timelapse now. you can forget the output Video quality of that. its only 1080p. BUT: you can also save the dng RAW files of that shooting and create a fantastic good looking motion timelapse of it in post production with Premiere or Davinci Resolve.

Ah, ok, they changed the name.
Too bad only 1080p but if you have the raw output it should work too (with some more work indeed).
Can Davinci do this too?
I never tried it so far.
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 02:51
Will make a special Video for you next week where i explain all motion timelapse abilitys of Pocket 2.
i get a little rush here with my Videos because just in this minute UPS deliver my Mini 2 also!!!

That would be wonderful.
Thanks on forehand.
No way!!!
You got the MM2 too !!!!
Great man!
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 02:55
Ah, ok, they changed the name.
Too bad only 1080p but if you have the raw output it should work too (with some more work indeed).
Can Davinci do this too?

fo me DaVinci Resolve is the perfect editing, color grading and effect tool for post production!
2020-11-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 02:56
That would be wonderful.
Thanks on forehand.
No way!!!

your very welcome Peter! i hope i can put my Videos faster online. but i always want them to be perfect as possible and want also subtitle everything for international viewers like you my Friend
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 03:03
fo me DaVinci Resolve is the perfect editing, color grading and effect tool for post production!

I have it, but only use it for special jobs (like motion tracking).
Never tried converting a batch of images to a hyperlaps.
Did you?
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

kupoakupoa Posted at 11-6 03:05
your very welcome Peter! i hope i can put my Videos faster online. but i always want them to be perfect as possible and want also subtitle everything for international viewers like you my Friend

I totally get that.
Better make them good.
You are just a one man crew!
2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules