Android Tablets
3446 14 2015-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I was wondering if there's a list of tablets that work besides DJI's list. Or maybe some spects on who much ram, CPU and GPU. I have been looking at some of these here. http://www.geekbuying.com/catego ... &freeshipping=3

Also if you are using an andriod tablet and its woking fine can you tell me the CPU that is in it.

With that said I did by an apple ipad... I just want to play with some cheap tablets...

2015-6-26
Use props
moneyspots
lvl.1
United States

Spankybear, the only tablet I have is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-Inch Tablet and these are the specks, Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS, 1.9 GHz Exynos 5 Octa 5420 Processor (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core)
16 GB Flash Memory, 3 GB RAM Memory.

It isn't a cheap tablet and barley fits in the holder on the control. Also it seems to work decent but certainly isn't flawless. I am really frustrated and am in search of a device that is flawless but I'm starting to think one doesn't exist for DJI firmware. I want to try an ipad before i spend the money on one. What kind of performance are you getting with your ipad and what model is it?
2015-6-26
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

The ipad will be here on Monday so I will need to fly it first. I will report back when I do. I bought the ipad Air 2 cellular 16 gb model
2015-6-26
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Unless you don't mind wasting a bit of money I would wait a few months for the developers to settle with the apps before buying. when the apps are finalized different devices will give different results.
That's my view, sticking with me S5 for a bit and maybe buy something a bit bigger later...
2015-6-26
Use props
moneyspots
lvl.1
United States

What will come first, winter or a pilot app that runs without so much demand causing CPU heat and video lag? DJI would be smart to develop and incorporate their own screen to attach to the controller. At least that would take care of the blame game if it didn't perform as advertised. I really wish DJI would offer a striped down option of their pilot app, so I can at the very least see the live video feed they are so proud of advertising. The live feed is really what sold me on the P3, and granted it did work for about the first ten flights with any device I had hooked up. Now I jump through any hoop offered by other posters, and some do help but that is not what I purchased the P3 to do (jump through hoops in hope for advertised performance). Also if any reader is curious, I do have noticeably and extremely reduced range now with the most currant firmware, or at least since I updated to the current version.
2015-6-26
Use props
mrabarros
New

Brazil

I’ve just bought my P3 and the vendor recommended any android tablet wit last Android version to use as Display. I bought the model Insignia NS-P16AT08 but definitely after several try it does not connect to RC. I don’t know what to do. Someone has any recommendation?
2015-7-13
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

I've used two android devices, a Sony Xperia Z tablet (the first one, NOT a 'Z3' as listed by DJI) and a smart phone.  Both work well.  Both have quad cores (at 1.5GHz and 1.7GHz, respectively).  Both have an Adreno GPU 320.  Only problems I have had are that the tablet just barely fits in the holder -  I must scrape the foam cushion when inserting and removing the tab, and the phone doesn't mount well in the holder without removing the rubber safety case.

To summarize, they both work well electronically.  Physically, not so much.
2015-7-13
Use props
Marcelo (Santos
New

Brazil

Thanks for your reply.
My only alternative is my smartphone Galaxy S4, but the is very small to use as display. The model Insignia NS-P16AT08 fits perfectly but does not connect.
2015-7-14
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mrabarros@gmail Posted at 2015-7-13 22:53
I’ve just bought my P3 and the vendor recommended any android tablet wit last Android version to us ...

Did you enable USB debugging in the Developer Option?
2015-7-14
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have been testing out a 7" tablet (only cost £40!!) Model IT-704 (on Amazon).  I have been able to Root it with Kingo ROOT (it took several attempts).  Once rooted I was able to install a system file remover app that let me get rid of all the Malware/Bloatware, thinning out the crap.  It has Android 4.4.2 (I think.  It's KitKat anyway), and the Pilot app works, connects, and functions with my P3A.  I HAVE NOT flow with it yet as the Tablet is quite slow, although it does have a quadcore CPU, but it does not have a GPU.  Testing continues.
2015-7-14
Use props
mkkernan
New

United States

I have a Verizon 7" Ellipsis android tablet, I had already purchased a while back and it works great. I built a sun shield for it and in full sun, works wonderful.
Yes I did use the usb debugging to allow software not from the play store to be installed.
Have fun flying it.
2015-7-14
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I have been pretty happy with the Nvidia Shield 8.  (Although I have experienced lagging issues with it occasionally.)
2015-7-14
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

moneyspots Posted at 2015-6-27 04:19
Spankybear, the only tablet I have is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-Inch Tablet and these  ...

Did you already downgrade google play services? i did on my Tab s and its pretty much flawless now - Adam
2015-7-14
Use props
ditzlerphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37470 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly with a Google Nexus 7 (2013) and it works well. I think it is the perfect size because it fits in my bag well and I was able to get it used on Amazon for $105. It fits well in the mount and with a sun shade I build it does decent in bright daylight but I do wish it was a little lighter. For $105 though I just dedicate it to the P3 and keep it in my bag with it.

I do have an iPhone 5s which I've used a few times just to try it but I like the Nexus 7 better for flying.

cheers
-david
2015-7-14
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

mrabarros@gmail Posted at 2015-7-13 22:53
I’ve just bought my P3 and the vendor recommended any android tablet wit last Android version to us ...

If you aren't connecting at all to the RC, most likely you don't have USB Debugging turned on.

The RC is not an Android compatible USB device. It uses Android Debugging (ADB) to establish the connection over the USB.

If ADB isn't turned on, then you get nothing.
2015-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules