Sony a7iii : Ronin RS2 focus wheel controls.....zoom instead of focus
10611 12 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olivier72
lvl.1
France

hi guys,

With my Ronin S, i was able to control the sony a7iii focus with the focus wheel, but with my new Ronin RS2 the wheel controls the zoom. Is that normal ??? Any firmware update to fix that issue ?

Thanks for your feedback

Oliver
2020-11-4
Use props
DroneOnTheLake
lvl.1
United States

How do I reset my DJI RS2 to English

Hi! Must have bumped a setting right after registering my new Ronin DJI RS2 and everything started showing up on the display in Chineese. ANy idea how to get to a menue to fix the language without needing to know how to read Chinese? Or just reset to facotry default settings, and repair with bluetooth? Thanks!
2020-11-4
Use props
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 669442 ft
Greece

I think you have to use a different cable to connect the Sony to the gimbal to get focus control. It is in the box as well.
2020-11-5
Use props
fansbfec7c67
New

Trinidad and Tobago

I’m having the same issue with the rs2. The cable included for Sony cameras gives me zoom control instead of focus on the front dial. I tried changing the cable and while the focus does work I lose image on the raveneye. So it’s either a functional front dial with no raven eye or a non functional front dial with raveneye.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fansbfec7c67 Posted at 11-12 20:44
I’m having the same issue with the rs2. The cable included for Sony cameras gives me zoom control instead of focus on the front dial. I tried changing the cable and while the focus does work I lose image on the raveneye. So it’s either a functional front dial with no raven eye or a non functional front dial with raveneye.

This is a Sony camera limitation. When connected via USB-C the camera thinks it's connected to a PC so it turns off the display. When connected via the multi-cable, Sony doesn't allow focus control. We can only work within their parameters unless they update their firmware to be more gimbal friendly.
2020-11-13
Use props
Nomad90
New

United Kingdom

Hey, I don't know if you have solved this yet, but i was having the same problem. I found once you have it all set up with the focus motor, if you swipe up on the RS2's display screen, select Dial Functions, and then change the selection from 'Focus/Zoom' to 'Focus Motor' then that should do the trick!
2021-2-10
Use props
MarcoPera
New

Italy

fansbfec7c67 Posted at 2020-11-12 20:44
I’m having the same issue with the rs2. The cable included for Sony cameras gives me zoom control instead of focus on the front dial. I tried changing the cable and while the focus does work I lose image on the raveneye. So it’s either a functional front dial with no raven eye or a non functional front dial with raveneye.

i have the same problem ....
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_FHjAOnfJjDM8
New
Canada

I have the exact same problem, any idea if DJI will have a firmware update to fix this issue...we really need focus control on the Sony A7iii via the dial, does anyone else have any ideas as to how to go around this, maybe a different cable perhaps? Please any help would be appreciated.
2021-5-5
Use props
colsub
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148540 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Nothing new ?
Is it possible to control the focus (without the dedicated focus motor) with the front dial in the RS2 and RSC2?
2021-8-27
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/a7s3
2021-8-27
Use props
fans2e0a0cd2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 831247 ft
Australia

Hi Oliver, did you ever get an answer for this? I am having the same issue with my Sony camera. I can't find any settings in the camera menus/manual to say how the USB/Multi port should work with external control. The RS2 itself, assigns focus/zoom to the front dial, with no explanation in the manual as to how the two are differentiated.
2021-12-15
Use props
fans2e0a0cd2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 831247 ft
Australia

fansbfec7c67 Posted at 2020-11-12 20:44

I have the same issue.
You say that you changed the cable. A new one of the same cable, or a different configuration?
2021-12-15
Use props
Olivier Wymann
lvl.1
France

Hello

Actuelly yes, I found the solution, works perfectly :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=563CPVFF_SA

Regards,
Olivier
2021-12-15
Use props