Slow Speeds in Normal Mode
2350 9 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37047 ft
United States

Controler is set to "normal" and upper left of the app says "N Mode." But the drone will only go 5 mph (according to the data in bottom left)Its going faster backwards than it will forwards. I have the right stick pushed all the way forward, and it tops out at 5mph (4.8 - 5)

What's wrong with the drone? I just got it a few days ago!
2020-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have obstacle avoidance on? Perhaps it is seeing an obstruction like mist or fog on the front sensor. If not, you might try recalibrating the remote (just a WAG).
2020-11-4
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-4 19:43
Do you have obstacle avoidance on? Perhaps it is seeing an obstruction like mist or fog on the front sensor. If not, you might try recalibrating the remote (just a WAG).

I tried with it on and off. Same results.

Also it was 12:30 PM in the south, bright sunny day w/ almost 0 wind.
2020-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SMPL.Geek Posted at 11-4 20:08

Since you mentioned sunny, I just remembered that sometimes it has a problem with the sun blinding the sensors. But usually that occurs with the sun at a low angle. Just another wild ass guess.
2020-11-4
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-4 20:16
Since you mentioned sunny, I just remembered that sometimes it has a problem with the sun blinding the sensors. But usually that occurs with the sun at a low angle. Just another wild ass guess.

Sun was pretty much directly above, so would have been been shining down on the top of the drone.

Watching it try to go forwards, it would pitch down for about 3 seconds to get going forward, and then it kept almost leveling itself out, instead of keeping the nose down to continue forward faster. however it would move faster going backwards (tail down, nose up) than it would forwards.
2020-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I do not have as much experience as some others in this forum, so I would advise waiting for help from those more capable members. I do think that it may be helpful to post the log file (.txt) found in the phone/tablet device.
2020-11-4
Use props
fansd8d36886
New

Pakistan

SMPL.Geek Posted at 2020-11-4 20:23
Sun was pretty much directly above, so would have been been shining down on the top of the drone.

Watching it try to go forwards, it would pitch down for about 3 seconds to get going forward, and then it kept almost leveling itself out, instead of keeping the nose down to continue forward faster. however it would move faster going backwards (tail down, nose up) than it would forwards.

Did your issue got resolved?
2023-2-7
Use props
fansd8d36886
New

Pakistan

SMPL.Geek Posted at 2020-11-4 20:08

Did your issue got resolved, i am having the same issue, i have recalibrated the sensors but still it flys slowly forward in N mode
2023-2-7
Use props
SMPL.Geek
lvl.2
United States

fansd8d36886 Posted at 2-7 02:58
Did your issue got resolved, i am having the same issue, i have recalibrated the sensors but still it flys slowly forward in N mode

I was able to fix my issue at least, with zero help from DJI Support or this forum.

I ended up doing a factory reset of the drone & controller; ensuring the controller was in sport mode before resetting it. Seems the drone was getting confused, initially attempting to move forward in 'Normal' mode, but then quickly switched itself into tripod mode. After factory resetting, it started to follow the selected flight mode on the controller correctly.
2023-2-7
Use props
vicky519
New
United States

I literally hit the exact same issue and for me it was all 4 directions. The reset did help me fix it
Thank you so much
2-26 10:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules