Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[SOLVED]Wifi Issue, cannot connect with phone
17816 36 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Hey there. Pocket 2: done activation with my brothers OnePlus 7 Pro (as that has usb-c port), but mine has only micro-USB, so when I try to connect with my Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus WITH WIFI, the MIMO app cannot connect to my Pocket 2. See the screenshots below. The app sees the Pocket 2, just it cannot connect to it. This is huge issue for users that have the creator combo. Need a FW / app update ASAP, as I don't want to buy a newer phone in order to use my P2. All latest FW/APP as of today.

Screenshot_2020-11-03-18-59-39-448_dji.mimo(1).jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-03-19-00-31-819_dji.mimo(1).jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-04-21-52-52-009_dji.mimo.jpg
2020-11-4
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

update 1: Connected to my Redmi 5 with a usbc to microUSB adapter, but still cannot connect my phone via wifi. Need a solution asap, as the return window is closing...
2020-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This sounds like what someone else was posting about, namely that wifi mode (2.4 vs 5) is set permanently when activating the phone.  Maybe it's been set on the wrong setting for your phone when you activated it on a different one.  A firmware  update will be needed to sort that, I think.
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there heightoffield. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. have you tried using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mino application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

2020-11-4
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My iPad 6th gen on iPad OS 14.0.1 has difficulty connecting to my Pocket2 WiFi. The iPad can detect the Pocket2 SSID but after I entered the password it's unable to join.
Don't have this issue with my older OP, so I'm surprised this second generation product is having such a problem with one of its main features.
On the other hand, the wireless microphone module seems to connect very quickly and works well.

Edited update: Found that there are updates to the Mimo apps as well(ver. 1.5.2), so, after carrying out all necessary updates, restarting and re-calibrating the Pocket 2, WiFi connection is now automatic. Mimo app comes on and ask if you'd like to join, click on 'yes' and away you go. Transfers are more than twice as fast as with the older Wireless module.
2020-11-4
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-4 16:50
This sounds like what someone else was posting about, namely that wifi mode (2.4 vs 5) is set permanently when activating the phone.  Maybe it's been set on the wrong setting for your phone when you activated it on a different one.  A firmware  update will be needed to sort that, I think.

Tried to reset a the Pocket 2, and then connect it  for the first time. Then tried to connect it via wifi, the same results came up, couldn't connect.
2020-11-4
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 20:57
Hello there heightoffield. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. have you tried using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mino application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hey there, Thanks for the reply. The thing is, that there are much more android phones than the recommended ones. Also, my Redmi 5 plus has Android Oreo, and that operating system is still supported by the MIMO app, and the app can see my P2, it just can't connect to it.... So this is clearly a software  / FW issue.
2020-11-4
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

I also have problem with connecting. When it is persisted, I must return my Creative combo !!
2020-11-7
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

PatLam Posted at 11-7 10:44
I also have problem with connecting. When it is persisted, I must return my Creative combo !!

What phone are you using?
2020-11-7
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

double post
2020-11-8
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

heightoffield Posted at 11-7 11:05
What phone are you using?

BQ Aquaris X Pro, Android 8 ( The phone is about 3 - 4 years old )

I use the same phone for my Osmo Pocket V1 without problem.
Now my old pocket cannot make Timelapse with phone and video anymore. Somehow the V2 software interrupted this function. Luckily V2 pocket can make phone and video both.

I read, my phone was not supported by DJI pocket 2. So i have to return it, no other choice.
Instead may buy a wide angle lense attachment for my old Pocket.
2020-11-8
Use props
playr
lvl.1
Poland

This sounds like what someone else was posting about, namely that wifi mode (2.4 vs 5) is set permanently when activating the phone.  Maybe it's been set on the wrong setting for your phone when you activated it on a different one.  A firmware  update will be needed to sort that, I think.

That was my case i think. Still waiting for new firmware and hope they will fix this.
2020-11-8
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

playr Posted at 11-8 12:53
That was my case i think. Still waiting for new firmware and hope they will fix this.

The issue is more complicated than this.

My Pocket 1 cannot shoot both photo and video (MotionLapse / TimeLapse) . I enabled my Pocket 2 for this function, but Pocket 1 failed suddenly .

I think the new App has conflict with Pocket 1 and 2.
2020-11-9
Use props
playr
lvl.1
Poland

PatLam Posted at 11-9 00:16
The issue is more complicated than this.

My Pocket 1 cannot shoot both photo and video (MotionLapse / TimeLapse) . I enabled my Pocket 2 for this function, but Pocket 1 failed suddenly .

I think my problem is beyond app, because P2 can't connect to phone's wifi in the first place, before launching Mimo.
2020-11-13
Use props
fans318b80a5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26919 ft
Germany

Hello,
What is the password for the Pocket2 WIFI? I cannot find it anywhere. I tried the 12341234 of the Pocket1 but it does not work.
Thank you
2020-11-18
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

SOLVED my problem with this thread. Basically I had to set my Osmo Pocket 2 to 2.4 Ghz
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D765%26typeid%3D765
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_lizriR1yAlCH
lvl.1
Netherlands

Have exactly the same problem with my Huawei Mate 10 pro, which is on the compatible item list. My P2 is on the bluetooth list, bot not on the wifi one. Switched off the WLAN+,and reset the wireless network setting. It doesn't help.
My Huawei M5 pad has not problem with P2
2020-12-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is what happened to mine, too.  I activated it on my wife's phone and now it will not connect to my tablet or my phone.  I may have to swap phones with her.
2020-12-16
Use props
Jeff54
lvl.1

Germany

today I just updated my iphone 12 to IOS 14.3, and it suddenly can not connect to the phone via wifi(have the signal of pocket2 but said can connect to the network of pocket2). It was fine yesterday. I wanted to try the method that switching Wifi frequency but in the app theres no this option. Does anyone have a similar problem?
2020-12-17
Use props
Infidel101
lvl.1
Japan

anybody else having this issue on older android phone (like the Galaxy S7) turn off all battery saving options and settings and hopefully it should work with the wifi not dropping or failing.
2020-12-23
Use props
Norwegian Airlord
lvl.4
Flight distance : 854951 ft
  • >>>
Norway

heightoffield Posted at 2020-11-23 09:53
SOLVED my problem with this thread. Basically I had to set my Osmo Pocket 2 to 2.8 Ghz
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229629&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D765%26typeid%3D765

This is clearly the problem, fixed my issues also.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_LtT0xiBC8gnp
New

Kuwait

heightoffield Posted at 2020-11-4 16:16
update 1: Connected to my Redmi 5 with a usbc to microUSB adapter, but still cannot connect my phone via wifi. Need a solution asap, as the return window is closing...

hello... got the same problem with my s9+ samsung cant connect to my phone via bluetooth or wifi..
2021-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Again one of these situations where this ugly problem rises its head. Compatibility seems to be a hit and miss.

I have gathered lists of compatible and non-compatible phones and tablets which users have tested for compatibility and are not listed on DJI's official lists. Some of the models mentioned here can be found on these lists. If not, feel free to report your experiences on the threads. The threads are at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for the phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

Also, many have reported issues about the frequency used by the Mimo app. Some have managed to solve these problems using the option on the app to change the frequency. To see more about this, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228181

Good luck to all of you, I have experienced similar frustrations before and know how much it can sting to buy a 500+ euros camera, only to find out you need to spend another 500+ euros for a phone to just to be able to use the damn thing.
2021-4-10
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've just managed to get wireless connection working between my Google Pixel 4a and the DJI Pocket 2 (via the Do-It-All Handle).

This is the sequence that must be performed:
1. Turn off mobile data on your phone
2. Open your phone's WiFi settings and select DJIPocket-xxxxxx from the list of available WiFi networks
3. Open DJI Mimo
4. Profit!

Disabling  mobile data is the one I really don't understand; if mobile data is on  then wireless connection will fail every single time. In addition,  trying to connect to the Pocket 2 in DJI Mimo also always result in an  error message but connecting via the phone's WiFi settings will work.

I hope that helps anyone having a similar issue, and I hope the devs figure out a way to... well, make it less of a hassle.
2021-4-13
Use props
Chris40066
New

Italy

First of all, my situation and my solution.
I have a Huawei 10 Mate pro with Android 10 and a DJI Pocket 2 Creator bundle. It absolutely did not connect. In the WLAN of the smartphone was also never a DJI device shown. I tried everything (mobile data off, wifi to router deleted, etc). I suspected that the wireless module was defective - but on a Samsung tablet it worked. This gave me new courage. Today I had contacted chat support, but there was no solution either, except to use the P2 with the USB-C dongel.

In one of the many info on the problem came out that you should absolutely use 2.4Ghz. Because of this I uninstalled the MIMO software etc the whole thing to force a new connection and the correct frequency, because DJI probably stores the last frequency it used at some point.

My solution:
I discovered by accident that there is a wifi option in the current MIMO under the [...] item that allows AUTO/2.4/5 GhZ settings. I changed from automatic to 2.4, disconnected the smartphone and removed the USBC dongle (I read that otherwise WIFI of the P2 is not active).
What can I say, it found it immediately. I was also able to get WLAN+ and mobile data back up after that, as well as my router (for Internet connection).
Now as soon as I call MIMO, it disconnects from my router, it connects to the P2 and connects me (thanks to WLAN+) via SIM card (mobile data) to the Internet. Everything works as it should.
I'm not an expert on what each entry does, but banning "Mobile data" has helped with some. I assume that this avoids a conflict that, instead of getting the WLAN from P2 always reactivated the router (as an Internet source).
In any case since selecting the 2.4Ghz now everything goes, even after a reboot of the smartphone.
@DJI a setting of the WLAN frequency in the P2 firmware would certainly be a good help for some of the connection problems.
2021-4-19
Use props
Shabby Shabbanie
New

Serbia

Gawain Posted at 4-13 01:44
I've just managed to get wireless connection working between my Google Pixel 4a and the DJI Pocket 2 (via the Do-It-All Handle).

This is the sequence that must be performed:

Thanks! Finaly working.
2021-5-11
Use props
Tempest39
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm still having this issue. I have a galaxy S8 (on the recommended list) have the latest version of the app installed as of today 19 Jul 2021, (version 1.5.18) and connecting to this device is harder than winning the lotto while being struck by lighting.

I need to reset my phone, reset the device, try about 10 times and only then it connects. To get three successful connections in a row is a one-in-a-bajillion chance.

I specifically bought this camera for the remote shooting capability and this fault renders it a useless buy. Shop won't take it back either because they say the device works fine and the mobile connectivity is not "the device being faulty"

How has this been an issue with the mimo app and android phones for the last 2 years??
2021-7-19
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Tempest39 Posted at 7-19 11:33
I'm still having this issue. I have a galaxy S8 (on the recommended list) have the latest version of the app installed as of today 19 Jul 2021, (version 1.5.18) and connecting to this device is harder than winning the lotto while being struck by lighting.

I need to reset my phone, reset the device, try about 10 times and only then it connects. To get three successful connections in a row is a one-in-a-bajillion chance.

You could see if the issue is affected by checking the troubleshooting tips on my phone and tablet threads. Although the threads mostly concentrate on the devices not officially mentioned by DJI, the troubleshooting tips could possibly also help with the officially supported devices that have connection problems.

Also, could there be a possibility that there is some other kind of wireless network that interferes with the one between the Pocket 2 and the phone? I recently read about a guy who tried to use the Do-It-All handle and Rode Wireless GO microphone systems simultaneously and had choppy audio, those two possibly interfering with each other.
2021-7-19
Use props
djiuser_7dUsvFtxFBC5
New

Greece

I'm having the same problem and this is super frustrating, the do-it-all used to work perfectly with my old phone, Opper R2 F, now with a new phone, Oppo R5z, it's impossible to connect, I read one post suggesting resetting the pocket 2, I did that, and now I can't connect even with my old phone. I keep getting the loading circle of death trying to detect the wifi, sometimes I get an error that a password change detected, whatever that means, once I got a suggestion to turn off Wlan on my device, well there's no Wlan on my device, another is to turn off wifi assistant, didn't work, I can confirm that all suggestions above haven't worked, I've been feddling with this for the past 3 hours, while I should be enjoying taking videos during my vacation instead, I'm wasting my time on debugging, contacting support? Well they are off limit, looks like I'll need to wait for a couple of days until they are back to office, bottom line, this is a very frustrating experience
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp
New

Seychelles

I have the same issue. I can detect the wifi, but I cannot connect the pocket2 via DJI MIMO. My cellphone is Redme K30 ultra
2021-9-12
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp Posted at 9-12 05:25
I have the same issue. I can detect the wifi, but I cannot connect the pocket2 via DJI MIMO. My cellphone is Redme K30 ultra

Can you get it to connect using the physical USB-C adapter? And is your phone in a protective case?
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp
New

Seychelles

HGDC84 Posted at 9-12 11:52
Can you get it to connect using the physical USB-C adapter? And is your phone in a protective case?

My cellphone can connect pocket2 via type-C. But when I use wlan to connect, it fails. (I detect the pocket2's wifi and connect in the manu of wlan by inputing the password. But when I connect the pocket2 via DJI MIMO, It remind me that connect fails.(both in auto, 2.4g, 5.8g)). My operating system is MIUI 12.5.5(latest), DJI MIMO version also is latest.
2021-9-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp Posted at 9-13 04:28
My cellphone can connect pocket2 via type-C. But when I use wlan to connect, it fails. (I detect the pocket2's wifi and connect in the manu of wlan by inputing the password. But when I connect the pocket2 via DJI MIMO, It remind me that connect fails.(both in auto, 2.4g, 5.8g)). My operating system is MIUI 12.5.5(latest), DJI MIMO version also is latest.

And the version of Mimo app you have downloaded is straight from DJI's own website (Not from Google Play Store)? And if you installed the app from Play Store before updating to the latest version with the version from Mimo's own website, then did you uninstall the Play Store version first? The Google Play Store version is outdated and not updated there anymore. It should be now downloaded directly from Mimo's own website. You may also need to enable the option of installing apps outside the Play Store on your phone.

Also, have you enabled both bluetooth and wifi on your phone? The Pocket 2 needs both to be able to connect to the phone.

There could also be a couple of other possible causes to the problem. I have listed some troubleshooting options on my thread of compatible and non-compatible phones (see the link above in my messages). Perhaps one or some of the tips there could help you solve the issue?
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp
New

Seychelles

The DJI MIMO is downloaded in the website of DJI. And I enable the wifi and bluetooth.
The success case: (1) I open the setting and input the password of DJIpocket-xxxx. (2) I open the DJI MIMO. It is connected. (But this way is too slow)
The fail case: I just open the DJI MIMO, and click the bottom of connect. It will show the failed. ( both in auto, 2.4g, 5.8g) Although I have connected the wifi of pocket by MIMO app.
2021-9-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp Posted at 9-13 21:17
The DJI MIMO is downloaded in the website of DJI. And I enable the wifi and bluetooth.
The success case: (1) I open the setting and input the password of DJIpocket-xxxx. (2) I open the DJI MIMO. It is connected. (But this way is too slow)
The fail case: I just open the DJI MIMO, and click the bottom of connect. It will show the failed. ( both in auto, 2.4g, 5.8g) Although I have connected the wifi of pocket by MIMO app. [view_image] [view_image]

I have still some suggestions not yet tried (or at least haven't heard that you have tried) from my thread's troubleshooting section. Could one of these help?

#1 - Have you restarted the Mimo after changing the frequency setting? You may need to do so for the setting to take effect.

#2 - Using a protective case around the phone can cause it's possible magnetic shielding to disrupt the communication between the two devices, thus causing errors; If you have problems with a protective case, try removing it  and try again.

#3 - Ensure you have updated the phone operating system to the required version. The Mimo app requires at least Android 7.0, or iOS 11.0 for the Apple devices.

#4 - If possible, see if you can rule out the possibility of having a faulty wireless adapter by using the same adapter on a different, compatibility-tested phone or tablet. If the connection works with the same adapter on another phone or tablet, it confirms that the adapter is working. If not, it could be that the adapter itself is faulty.

#5 - Sometimes, the phone may have power-saving options that interfere with the connection between the Pocket 2 and the phone. If you have power-saving options on, try disabling them and connecting again to see if that makes any difference.

One more possible thing to consider:

#6 - Are there some other wireless network connections (Wifi, mobile data, Bluetooth etc.) that could interrupt the connection between the phone and Pocket 2? If you suspect this option, try if you could turn off these other networks (WLAN, Bluetooth devices, wireless transmitters and receivers etc.) during testing the connection between the phone and Pocket 2, or if you could test if the connection works better in another place.

Can't say if I can find out other ideas to find the reason for connection problems, but test these first and see if one of those could solve the problem. If not, we'll see if one of DJI's representatives or some other forum user could have some ideas.
2021-9-14
Use props
djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp
New

Seychelles

Thanks for your efforts.
#1 yes.(auto, 2.4, 5.8)
#2 yes.  
#3 yes. (MIUI 12.5.5(latest), DJI MIMO (download from DJI website.))
#4 pocket2 can connect my classmate's phone and my IPAD. But It fails in my phone(Redmi K30 ultra) in DJI MIMO app.
#5 yes (I turn off the setting of  power-saving to DJI MIMO)
# 6 yes ( I test in different location)
all of these methods I have tried, but it also fails connecting my Redme K30 ultra via DJI MIMO app directly.
2021-9-15
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_O57MxPaEapcp Posted at 9-15 01:02
Thanks for your efforts.
#1 yes.(auto, 2.4, 5.8)
#2 yes.  

Okay, I'm afraid I'm starting to run out of ideas, but a couple of points that popped into my mind.

As you said that you can connect the Pocket 2 to your iPad and your classmate's phone, I think we can rule out the chance of a faulty adapter.

As for the question of possible other wireless networks, I'd still like to ask what kind of microphone setup are you using with the Pocket 2. Are you only using the built-in microphones or some kind of wireless microphone setup (whether it's the Pocket 2's own wireless microphone or some third-party one, either connected straight to the Pocket 2's USB-C port using an adapter, into the DIA Handle's 3,5mm audio port, or into the DJI's wireless microphone transmitter's microphone port). Some of those wireless microphone setups could sometimes cause interference, depending on factors such as the frequency they are using.

Considering the power saving options, there could be those for both the Mimo app itself and for the phone in general. If disabling the ones for the Mimo app doesn't help, then could checking those that are about the phone itself help this? (For instance, is your phone itself in some kind of power-saver mode? That could limit the performance of your phone and cause errors in Mimo app.)

Also, I noticed you said the following in an earlier comment:
"The success case: (1) I open the setting and input the password of DJIpocket-xxxx. (2) I open the DJI MIMO. It is connected. (But this way is too slow)"

So does that mean you have been able to connect it wirelessly to your phone, but only when you use this method? If that is so, then will it ask you the password each and every time you attempt to connect? If it does, then could there be an option that you could enable in your phone to remember the wireless network's password and connect automatically when in reach of the network, thus speeding up the connection process?

I'm not sure if there are other options besides using the slower method of connecting or using your iPad instead, but at least these suggestions could be checked out before those.

Also, if anybody else has any ideas for this, they would be welcome.
2021-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules