2337 4 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does the R (lower/upper) quick release work with a Manfrotto MVH500AH or Nitrotech N8 heads? Ie. Can it be used to substitute 500PLONG and 504PLONGR ?

2020-11-4
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Unfortunately the DJI plate is not compatible with Manfrotto fluid heads unless it is "adapted".
In order to use it, I think the part for the micrometric adjustment (which hits one of the Manfrotto head stops) must be removed.
In my opinion the simplest thing is to buy an Arca Swiss adapter to be fixed on the original Manfrotto plates.
And the original Manfrotto plates they do not slip into the Ronin holder.

This is a problem that has always been there since the first Ronin-S.
2020-11-4
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, that's why I'm asking. I had the Ronin S, have the SC and curse the day I had to go to Arca Swiss. Wanted to know if the compatibility issue has improved, or not. Looks more like the latter from your report @ToscanaDrone , thanks for chipping in, whilst DJI is silent/Edit: Point being, I need another baseplate for those tripods. If they fit, DJI might be a cheaper option IF they work..
2020-11-4
Use props
vladidj
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Please note it is NOT Manfrotto 501/504PL compatible! I don't understand DJI... Why are they trying to reinvent the wheel ( plate )...
2020-11-6
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

vladidj Posted at 11-6 18:20
Please note it is NOT Manfrotto 501/504PL compatible! I don't understand DJI... Why are they trying to reinvent the wheel ( plate )...

Thank you vladidj most helpful clearing this up.
2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules