New DJI Mini 2 Firmware Released (11/05/2020)
123Next >
21315 105 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_PxXYKtYX0tEp Posted at 11-8 14:09
Your recent update to 1.2.0 is flawed! You will now receive countless claims for Minis flying away and loss of signal even within close proximity. You will now have countless reviewers like myself placing a bad image on your products just as GoPro has on their products.

You have been informed in many ways by hundreds of MM1 owners via email, Amazon, and Google app reviews that hold your devs responsible for your error in the application. There has been NO response by your reps in regards to these claims and will now have to find a way to compensate.

Yet 10's of thousands of flyers are having zero issues?... I think you need to look at other factors here.
2020-11-10
Use props
R Wilkinson
lvl.1

United States

DJI RC-N1 Firmware update Mavic Air 2

I downloaded the DJI-RC-N1 firmware and installed. I have a MA2 and what I have noticed is that I now have a transmission delay when I attempt to fly in Photo mode. If I switch it to video mode, It's normal without delay. Any Ideas? I have the latest DJI Fly app and All firmware is up to date.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_qG5OHMy8jtrV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6512 ft

Spain

R Wilkinson Posted at 11-10 10:55
I downloaded the DJI-RC-N1 firmware and installed. I have a MA2 and what I have noticed is that I now have a transmission delay when I attempt to fly in Photo mode. If I switch it to video mode, It's normal without delay. Any Ideas? I have the latest DJI Fly app and All firmware is up to date.

No Idea,but for me the image freeze while recording 4k!!!! What the fuck..???
2020-11-10
Use props
mini2Paul
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Not good since i upgraded to the mini 2 from the mavic mini, first upgraded to 1.2.0 and now as soon as i start the propellers the screen has a green tint on phone and tablet (android), anyone else had this? the phone and tablet worked fine with the mavic mini 1 and older version of the fly app. Not a good start with a new drone. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app
2020-11-10
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My M2 went on to this firmware before the first flight and seems generally okay.

However, a few snags.
1. File names go back to DJI_0001 when you format the card in the M2 causing problems if you want to put all the files in one folder on your computer. If the drone has no non volatile memory perhaps the app could save the last image/video file number?

2. As others have reported just once in my six flights the Android app went back to the start screen where it says "Go Fly" and on tapping that it returned to the flight (but logged it as two flight).

3. Flight history is all in metric even when the app is set to imperial and it gives no details of flights by my other DJI drones, just the totals. The app on my Crystalsky also does not list M2 flights even after sync.

4. Are the 4K video files a little different inside? My Nvidia shield with the Kodi app stutters at the start of playback of the 4K/30 files. This does not happen with my other DJI drone files.

Other than that it is
2020-11-11
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Hope to receive my mini 2 soon

cant wait, hope i will love it as much as my Mavic Pro  ( sold it due to new rules and regulations)

would be great to add the following:
- settings for the battery warning and such
- ACTIVE TRACK!
I know it does not have sensors up front, but the smart modes it has now, use object tracking.... so it should be easy to implement. I think it would work just fine without the front sensors....

@IM35461 for your point1: This is so with other drones from DJI. If i remember correctly, this is also the case on my mavic pro.
i always left the last made file on the SD card, so that the drone always continued counting up ;)
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_Tt0L4MFPsziE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742103 ft
United States

I only had time for a few short quick test flights since launch date and now after some update, I go for the first real voyage and I'm losing signal after about 100 - 200 feet away.  It does engage the return to home and the signal returns within a few seconds and displays the error ' The camera restarted abnormally...'.  

Is this a known issue or is my Mini 2 just broken?

Update...

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE that is update to date, just got it a few weeks ago.  I checked the flight logs on the phone and the strange part is that it only contains the flight logs from the RTH part and not the initial part of the flight before losing connection.  I was able to capture this info from the Data Center info the DJI Fly app.

Flight 1 -  Only 23m away and 47m altitude. 2 errors displayed, luckly the drone RTH safely.
Error 1 - Aircraft not connected to RC - Also Chinesse error
Error 2 - The camera restarted abnormally... - Also Chinesse error  
Screenshot_20201113-022941.jpg Screenshot_20201113-022950.jpg

Flight 2 - Only 0.5 m away and 44m altitude. 2 errors displayed, luckly the drone RTH safely.
Error 1 - Aircraft not connected to RC - Also Chinesse error
Error 2 - The camera restarted abnormally... - Also Chinesse error  

Screenshot_20201113-022753.jpg Screenshot_20201113-022800.jpg

I had a few other flights with the same issue, I have calibrated the Compass, IMU, and Gimbal.  

Here is my version info.   
Screenshot_20201113-025651.jpg

Anyone else having these issues?  It's a a bit concerning since control of the aircraft is lost at such a short distance.  Luckly, the drone does go into RTH mode, but with the camera error and the strange Chinesse error, the GPS could also error out as well and cause a fly away.  Any help will be appreciated.

2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_RTdbGYRz7fXk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407300 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

i don't get any message for updating the drone in the DJI ASSISTANT 2? Version 2.1.0
Only get the message:
going to the data upload page will change the DJI device status. This may lead to the unavailability of some functions. Restart you device to restore

So how to update the firmware????
and i read upgadet battery software? How to do that?

With kind regards,

Patrick Slobbe
2020-11-13
Use props
Schwarzbueb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1400630 ft
Switzerland

fans2f3fd0e2 Posted at 11-10 00:13
Hey guys, since upgrading from the Mavic mini to mini 2 the display on the fly app turns green when I take off, any ideas?

DJI Fly 1.2.1 is available at akpmirror
2020-11-14
Use props
djiuser_LnKDTDTrKn9G
New

Germany

Hello, This SW update got stuck @ 40% for almost 35 mins, is it normal? What would you suggest?
2020-11-14
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_LnKDTDTrKn9G Posted at 11-14 11:39
Hello, This SW update got stuck @ 40% for almost 35 mins, is it normal? What would you suggest?

No, firmware update took about 8 min only the RC beeping very loud while updating from stock out off the box to new firmware (app version was 1.2.1
2020-11-15
Use props
TinusvdW
New

Netherlands

What special things did you do to activate it?
2020-11-18
Use props
Alex s.o.b.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387470 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TinusvdW Posted at 11-18 00:17

in my case, noting special.
i just started the fly app. it connected automaticly with the drone!
i was allready logged in, so the activation process started automaticly i think.
2020-11-18
Use props
YoloP
New
Norway

My RC and phone disconects. Happened several timens during first flight with MINI 2. Any tips?
2020-11-18
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539150 ft
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 11-8 02:17
I’m not able to customise the Function Button, both option are re centre gimbal, any suggestions (Android phone)

I have the same issue - Recenter gimbal is the only button customization available. No Map mode.
2020-11-20
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

SengFeng Posted at 11-20 09:42
I have the same issue - Recenter gimbal is the only button customization available. No Map mode.

Yes DJI has its head in the sand again! Told me it was because my phone was not on the official list even tho it’s a 2020 Samsung Galaxy, my partner’s Android phone that is on the list also has the same problem...  
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_0LxoBPMR8QXx
New

United States

I was told that DJI will not be realeasing a SDK file for developers in regards to the Mavic Mini 2. Is that true I was really counting on a Litchi beta update for the Mini 2. Tell me it's not so.....
2020-11-20
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2020-11-20
Use props
jack_e
lvl.1

Ukraine

I don't see 4k for mini 2 only 1080/30,  also don't see quickshots, panorama etc,  does some have same issue ?
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

jack_e Posted at 11-21 14:25
I don't see 4k for mini 2 only 1080/30,  also don't see quickshots, panorama etc,  does some have same issue ?
[view_image]

Have you try to change the settings when you press the "filmbutton" right over the red icon for start taking photos/films ?

Only a suggest if you haven't yet.

Fly safe !
2020-11-21
Use props
jack_e
lvl.1

Ukraine

MavicMats Posted at 11-21 20:32
Have you try to change the settings when you press the "filmbutton" right over the red icon for start taking photos/films ?

Only a suggest if you haven't yet.

sure I tried , it's only change to photo or video mode
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

jack_e Posted at 11-21 23:51
sure I tried , it's only change to photo or video mode

strange behavior...
2020-11-22
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

I will show how it looks like on my phone with this pictures.
Notice that is from my older Mavic Mini (version 1), but I have my Mini2 on charging and not set it up, but it is the same thing to switch on it too.
You will also have a 4K resolution to choose if you want in the settings.

Please tell me if this helps you !

/MavicMats

2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-11-22
Use props
jack_e
lvl.1

Ukraine

SengFeng Posted at 11-20 09:42
I have the same issue - Recenter gimbal is the only button customization available. No Map mode.

at the moment this only available on iphone os, for android much more bugs
2020-11-23
Use props
jack_e
lvl.1

Ukraine

MavicMats Posted at 11-22 00:37
I will show how it looks like on my phone with this pictures.
Notice that is from my older Mavic Mini (version 1), but I have my Mini2 on charging and not set it up, but it is the same thing to switch on it too.
You will also have a 4K resolution to choose if you want in the settings.

yes, I know, I have mavic mini 1 ))
the solution to my problem is need insert sd card, important format it if it used in mavic mini 1
2020-11-23
Use props
jack_e
lvl.1

Ukraine

TinusvdW Posted at 11-18 00:17

to activate on android need to update dji fly to version 1.2.1 or above. or use iphone app which should automatically updated
2020-11-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_0LxoBPMR8QXx Posted at 11-20 13:06
I was told that DJI will not be realeasing a SDK file for developers in regards to the Mavic Mini 2. Is that true I was really counting on a Litchi beta update for the Mini 2. Tell me it's not so.....

told by who?
2020-11-23
Use props
jefersonalessan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 964793 ft
Brazil

djiuser_qG5OHMy8jtrV Posted at 11-9 13:14
For me the image freeze when I try to record a video in 4k, only in 4k, any ideas? If I change the trassmision to 5.8 instead of dual-band the image come back, but it still freeze a few second when I press the rec button. Any Ideas? I will try to upload a video tomorrow.

Disable cache storage, until you update dji fly
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_GnICC79OdOdi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459337 ft
Italy

Hi, i have gimbal issue after update the firmware (mini 2).. the gimbal sometime when is in the orizzontal position, start to noise zzzzzz... If i rotate or move the aircraft, the gimbal stop noise. I think, this problem is derived to an firmware error. Can it possible? Link my video.

https://youtu.be/IZMg5-OssCM
2020-11-24
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft

@jack_e are you sure you have a dji mini 2    and not the mini mavic  as mini mavis has not got 4k
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_ZjOPyMJyMhQa
New
Flight distance : 40538 ft
Ukraine

Hi! Why 5.8 latency doesn`t support in Ukraine for mini2? it`s substantially limited using of this product. Please, made the update for firmware.
2020-11-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 11-20 10:43
Yes DJI has its head in the sand again! Told me it was because my phone was not on the official list even tho it’s a 2020 Samsung Galaxy, my partner’s Android phone that is on the list also has the same problem...

Android phones can't use the don't charge option. So currently all android phones can re-center gimbal only. They will probably add more modes in the future!
2020-11-30
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
Israel

Anyone else with issue 30224 on the Mini 2? Incompatible version, and no way to fix it due to lack of DJI assistant support in Mini2?
Bought A new Mini 2 (after sold my Mini 1) and now I have very expensive paper weight
2020-12-1
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

jack_e Posted at 11-21 14:25
I don't see 4k for mini 2 only 1080/30,  also don't see quickshots, panorama etc,  does some have same issue ?
[view_image]

Did you put sd card on aircraft already?
2020-12-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

nasnat Posted at 12-1 12:25
Anyone else with issue 30224 on the Mini 2? Incompatible version, and no way to fix it due to lack of DJI assistant support in Mini2?
Bought A new Mini 2 (after sold my Mini 1) and now I have very expensive paper weight

Did you already try to put in a different battery and start up the drone ?

I wish DJI would support firmware updates thru the assistent too. Don't like the WiFi updates either. If you are flying and the update is only partial installed because of a bad arial connection.

I had the update yesterday, just before taking of. I kept the drone on the ground and updated before flying.

Please DJI, give us the possibility to update a bricked mini thru the Assistent program.
2020-12-2
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
Israel

I tried all three batteries... Nothing helped.
I never flown the drone, just took it out of the box and updated it on wifi (great 1 gig connection) and it's dead since then, waiting for the local distributor to fix it... Maybe there will be another update soon and it will be fixed...

Very dissatisfied so far
2020-12-2
Use props
springflake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35404 ft
Germany

Hello DJI, can you please fix the "Crash" bug in the Fly-App?
Since i updated the Remote Controler to the latest firmware, the Fly-App sometimes crashes and the Live-Feed can't be recovered. It was luck, RTH worked and the drone came home and i landed it with no view.
The Display stays black, force closing the app doesn't work. Only restarting the Remote will fix that. Never had problems (withboth: mavic mini and mini 2) before the update.
Hope you got this bug on your list, cause flying is no fun anymore if you can lose your drone somewhere where RTH doesnt work. I use Samsung S9+
2020-12-3
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good to know!!
2020-12-3
Use props
nikemax2007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2263760 ft
Ukraine

I've tested DJI Mini 2 CE max range in 6 different environments with this firmware, so results are very impressive out of town, but could be better in the city:

2020-12-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules