Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 2 Work with DJI Goggles?
17014 25 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CodePoet
lvl.1
United States

Since the new Mini 2 is Ocusync 2.o, will it work with DJI goggles?
2020-11-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It might with future updates
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CodePoet. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the DJI Mini 2 is  not compatible with the DJI Goggle. For reference, I will post a link where in you can find the specification, overview and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Again, thank you for your valued support and make your moments fly. .
2020-11-4
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Not at release, but I'd speculate that the MA2 has support and is occusync that the mini 2 will probably get it. Lots of angry gen 1 customers because it was a wifi drone, now without wifi it should come in a future update.
2020-11-4
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, But on the SmartController only. HDMI connected not Occusync. Anything you can fly on the SC works with the Old and new DJI goggles.
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, if anything like the MA2 goggles will only work via the Smart Controller.
2020-11-4
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Looking through the App I spotted Gimbal (follow Me mode) & (FPV Mode) so I think there is definitely a plan.
2020-11-5
Use props
CodePoet
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-4 22:14
Hello there CodePoet. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the DJI Mini 2 is  not compatible with the DJI Goggle. For reference, I will post a link where in you can find the specification, overview and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Again, thank you for your valued support and make your moments fly.  .

Where does it say it in the FAQ or specs? I read them and I didn't see any reference to goggles. The lack of goggle support is the reason I never purchased the mini 1. The link you put in your response is just a marketing video. Is DJI Stephen just a bot?
2020-11-5
Use props
adynis
lvl.1
Romania

I'm in the same situation like CodePoet ... I wanted to be able to use goggles .... Now with Mini 2 I have some hopes .. but .. it's not clear yet if they will be supported...
2020-11-5
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

Add me as well, add goggle support, I would buy one in a heartbeat
2020-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not as of now!
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 11-5 06:26
Looking through the App I spotted Gimbal (follow Me mode) & (FPV Mode) so I think there is definitely a plan.

All the drones have those options - including the Mavic Air 2 - it does not imply goggles are going to be compatible - at best they may work via the SC
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_6fhycXhMlxop
New

United States

DJI: you really should have taken the opportunity to release the mini 2 fully SYNCed with your binOCUlars (fpv goggles). That's 2 purchases you'd get from each "entry level" customer. If you want sales, increase your customer acquisition. This is how you do it! Time is running out on the novelty of your new release. Lets get that App or firmware updated already.
2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_mAFOz0WVKxow
New

United States

I'm hoping DJI goggles become compatible with the Mini-2 soon. I was ready to order both on my recent order of the M2. What a great way to get a spouse or friend interested.  It worked for me.
2020-11-28
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just tried and nope unfortunately.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_tJacz1ge4jHj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545853 ft
United States

Id buy them if the make them work together
2020-12-25
Use props
mini2grueni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23222 ft
Germany

djiuser_6fhycXhMlxop Posted at 11-28 00:47
DJI: you really should have taken the opportunity to release the mini 2 fully SYNCed with your binOCUlars (fpv goggles). That's 2 purchases you'd get from each "entry level" customer. If you want sales, increase your customer acquisition. This is how you do it! Time is running out on the novelty of your new release. Lets get that App or firmware updated already.

Nice tone...  not sure that’s how you convince a huge company :-D
2020-12-25
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Delivered yesterday Mirascreen G9 Plus

In general, not bad, but of course with a direct connection of the helmet with the drone can not be compared. First, the helmet with this device shows one to one with the smartphone screen, and not a blank screen without service information, and secondly, you can not control the helmet, well, still the wires on the helmet are not very convenient!
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_a8kWgJ8PYCtQ
lvl.1

United States

I am holding off purchasing the mini 2 until goggle support is achieved. Its really  shameful that a simple software update which would pull in multiple buyers wasnt and hasnt been done. If nothing else it should be done for its current loyal members..
2021-1-3
Use props
Waxie
New
United States

yep, Ill wait for direct compatibility. I see many people hacking it via wifi/dongle but that is not the experience i am wanting.

occusync should occusync with occusync....

#remindmeifthisgetsfixed

249g+goggles=goal
2021-1-4
Use props
fansfa0ef383
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271306 ft
United Kingdom

Hi :-)

For all those with a DJI Mini 2 (or other DJI drone) that want to fly FPV / VR  and can't, check out the video below. I got hold of a MagiMask which displays a full-screen phone image in both eyes, so you can use DJI Fly or DJI Go in a VR headset.
All you'll need is the mask and a data cable from the controller to the phone. It's amazing!

2021-3-16
Use props
Pro Amateur
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I fly my Mavic Mini and Mini 2 using the Avegant Glyph video headset.

It works pretty well but the V2's would be better. The one problem is that the Glyph uses Miracast (Samsung calls it 'Smart View') to connect my Note20 Ultra 5G via the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. It's not really a big problem, but once in a blue moon I can temporarily lose signal. However, I  have the DJI Fly app running on my phone display simultaneously and that doesn't glitch out. The design of the Glyph is such that a user can very easily look down at the Fly App if Miracast glitches in flight.

That Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter has to be powered by a battery in my pocket while the Avegant Glyph connects to the HDMI port on the wireless adapter. The Avegant Glyph has its own battery. It  provides video and audio via HDMI. I can get both FPV and listen to music while casually flying my Mavic Mini or Mini 2 with the Glyph.

The Glyph is no longer made, but is available for a very low price.
2021-6-23
Use props
Pro Amateur
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I just made the post about my Glyph, but PLEASE DJI make it work with the V2's - you will sell more Mini 2's with that option being available. Just read some of these posts where folks will literally buy your (DJI) Mini 2's AND goggles if they were compatible.
2021-6-23
Use props
Pro Amateur
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Glyph is on Amazon for $195. It used to be a thousand dollars.

Until the DJI V2 FPV goggles are compatible - maybe try the Glyph in the meantime. You would need:

- Avegant Glyph (has its own battery, lasts about 4 hours)
- female to female HDMI adapter
- any wireless display adapter (I use Microsoft)
- a small battery pack to power the wireless display adapter
- the HDMI cable that comes with the Glyph or any cable like that one

Avegant Glyph AG101 Video Headsets:

- Patented Retinal Imaging Technology
- MOPS 3D Goggles with HDMI Connectivity
- 720p per eye
- practically any prescription for glasses can be dialed to your eyes specs
- can move the lenses side to side to match how far apart your eyes are

Anyways, i just wanted to provide an option. The Glyph is simply an HDMI DLP monitor that looks like headphones you wear on your face.
2021-6-23
Use props
Pro Amateur
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

The DJI V2 Goggles should have an ability to connect to the Mini 2, but only if Ocusync 3.0 is backwards compatible with Ocusync 2.0.

The DJI V2 Goggles that come with the DJI FPV Combo have HDMI out functionality, but don't seem to have HDMI in.

I can use the included Mini 2 Type C cable with a female to female Type C adapter, take a male C to C USB cable, and the DJI Fly app on my tablet recognizes my Mini 2 and it's RC controller. It would be great if I could put my USB Type C hub in between what I just explained and my tablet. Then, I should be able to take my HDMI male to USB Type C male cable from my Type C hub, then connect it to my DJI V2 Goggles Type C port - and I would be bypassing Ocusync and have a (semi) direct HDMI connection from the Type C hub to my goggles.

Or, DJI could make the DJI V2 Goggles using Ocusync 3.0 backwards compatible with my DJI Mini 2 using Ocusync 2.0. There are things going on here that don't add up. All these cool devices should work together
2021-7-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So basically i could use my Nvidia Shield K1 (HDMI input) at 720 with my V1 goggles?
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules