11466 18 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

So many people wants that feature on the mini 2 ?!
I cancel my mini 2 order because of that missing feature.

2020-11-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I doubt this will come with no sensors on the mini 2 but Dji may surprise yet with another firmware update
2020-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will be getting one two days from now and will check that feature, if it exists. If it does exist, I think it would only be a GPS-based method, not visual.
2020-11-4
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

It was only posted to a *(LEAKED)* website, as is only speculation, it was never confirmed so we can be hopeful but it doesn't look like it.
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would seem so
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would seem so
2020-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Everyone seems to want this feature but you rarely see it being used.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Riplex, sorry that Follow mode and Active Track is not supported on Mini 2.
2020-11-5
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

its a toy cmon , just buy MA2
2020-11-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not supported because NO obstacle avoidance !!  Why would any company give you a product that does active tracking without OA ?

The first thing you'd do is CRY that your drone crashed while using AT and expect Warranty replacement.....NOPE!!  Not happenin!!

Aerial Traffic
Randy
2020-11-5
Use props
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Drone like Fimi X8 SE has "Follow Me" and they also have no obstacle avoidance. What a wonder that it works without problems ?
2020-11-8
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Buy MA2 if you want more features
2020-11-8
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

My Mini 2 does NOT have a follow me feature. None of the marketing literature mentions follow me.
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It is an entry level drone packed with features.  As Mavic Air 2 owner I have only used the Active Track during testing.  I am considering getting Mini 2 for portability and not having the feature is not a big deal to me.  It is a feature that rarely gets used.
2020-11-8
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

Considering that we have autonomous modes (quick shots) which may also cause drone accidents  - still I don't understand why we don't have follow me mode. The simple version of follow me mode should be introduced with obligatory tutorial before first launch (showing risks and some hints of running drone in that mode). I believe that short sequences of "follow me" videos could be recorded without any risk for the drone if it is done on a proper height and in a proper conditions (no wind, no high trees, no buildings etc.). Mini 2 is more than capable to perform that kind simple "follow me" recordings.
2020-11-8
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

the quick shot modes also use visual tracking.... and most of these modes, the drone flies sideways.....
Even the mavic pro (that had tracking and flow me) did not have sensors on the side, so saying it wont have this feature because of no OA sensors is erm... a load of b*ll....

Mavic pro also could fly backwards using active track, and guess what.... no sensors in the back of that....

the mini 2 has the power to do visual tracking, so DJI should add these features to it, with a big notification or popup that using these modes is at your own risk!!!

Also: saying this is an entry level drone is a bit lame....
Due to new rules and regulations these kind of drones are the only kind of drones that people can fly without having to spend a load of money on training and paperwork AND the only kind of drones that are OK to fly close to people and other objects according to law (at least here in The Netherlands).

so PLEASE dji.... add these features to the Mini 2!!!!
2020-11-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hardly ever use Active Track - if having that feature is so important and the deal maker or breaker then the Mini (1 or 2) is not for you.
2020-11-12
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

From what I can see people have been asking for the same thing on the Mini for Years.

If it's not written on the official specs or the side of then you're probably smack out luck.

Maybe they will accommodate you in 11 months when they drop the Mini 3 out of nowhere
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_PBixDBjaKgKV
New

Spain

Yo he devuelto el mm2 por este motivo, si lo liberan volveria a
  comprarlo.
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules