3882 11 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to put the RS2 on one of my medium / heavy-lift drones. I see it can be mounted on a crane and a remote arm. What options are there for mounting and controlling it from a drone?
2020-11-4
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i think this kit will be the components you want

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-expansion-base-kit
2020-11-5
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 11-5 13:01
i think this kit will be the components you want

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-expansion-base-kit

This is a tethered solution. For a drone, it would obviously need to be wireless.
2020-11-6
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Could be a very nice solution!!!
2020-11-6
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 11-6 15:49
Could be a very nice solution!!!

Agreed. Which is why I am keen on seeing if I can get it to work.

The range on the Bluetooth is apparently about 350ft which is not enough for a drone. Bluetooth 5.0 does have a long range capability up to 1km. I wonder if there is some way that can be incorporated here.
2020-11-6
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I have successful connected a sbus protocol RC receiver to the RS2 that actual control the basic functions. By now that is not supported by DJI. I hope they will support RC connections and add more/all functions to the sbus in future.
2020-11-7
Use props
ianwood
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BeeS View Posted at 11-7 00:06
I have successful connected a sbus protocol RC receiver to the RS2 that actual control the basic functions. By now that is not supported by DJI. I hope they will support RC connections and add more/all functions to the sbus in future.

Can you share more information about how you did that? S.BUS would be perfect!
2020-11-9
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

ianwood Posted at 11-9 00:08
Can you share more information about how you did that? S.BUS would be perfect!
You need to connect the focus wheel from the S/SC to the RS2 to have the sbus connector. Flip the switch to sbus, connect the receiver and then map the channels in you TX RC remote. I have placed a video here a bit below we’re you can see it in action and see what’s working by now.
2020-11-9
Use props
fans39929a7d
New

Norway

BeeS View Posted at 2020-11-9 13:44
You need to connect the focus wheel from the S/SC to the RS2 to have the sbus connector. Flip the switch to sbus, connect the receiver and then map the channels in you TX RC remote. I have placed a video here a bit below we’re you can see it in action and see what’s working by now.

Hi,
Do you know if its possible to control the RS2 through a connex tx/rx? Connex have sbus and can control the zenmuse etc, so I Wonder if anything has changed with the RS2
2021-2-25
Use props
fans39929a7d
New

Norway

BeeS View Posted at 2020-11-9 13:44

Do you know if its possible to control the RS2 through a connex tx/rx? Connex have sbus and can control the zenmuse etc, so I Wonder if anything has changed with the RS2
2021-2-25
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

fans39929a7d Posted at 2-25 01:13

You need to try it out. As the Connex is just emulating sbus its mots of the time a question of the ms-timing if it will work or not. FRsky intend to most time work on some channels with the Ronin S/RS2
2021-2-25
Use props
Adrian1232000
lvl.2
Germany

I'm currently rebuilding my s1000 to carry the RS2

i got the inspiration from this video:

He is using the Ronin-S, but its also possible with the RS2.

You will need 3 additional things to get this work.

The first thing is the Tilta RS2 mount

then you need the Ronin-Focuswheel to get the Gimbal controllable with a classic RC. If you have enough money you also can controll it via Dji force pro.

you also need to get a videotransmission on the Gimbal to have a live view, the Raveneye will not work due the limitation of the range!
I use a classic 5.8ghz FPV transmitter connected via a usb-c cable to power it.

The last thing you will need to do is extend the landing legs on the s900-1000.

2021-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules