New to Drones.. need some help
333 7 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VinnieD
New
United States

Recently just purchased the Mavic Mini Fly More combo and I’m new to drones, really just want it for taking video and pics of roofs before/after cleaning them. Also want to make short videos of the process while cleaning them. Anyway so i got everything unboxed and am having trouble getting my phone to sit in the controller i have the iPhone XS with otterbox, only way it will fit is to take the box off, even then it doesn’t seem right. I have a new iPad Pro 12.9 and would like to hook the controls up to it, but the cable is too short. Do they make a longer cable to hook the controller up to an iPad  Pro? Almost everything I’ve seen for a tablet shows it mounted to the controller, can you not have a controller a little bit away from the phone/tablet? Sorry I’m new to all this
2020-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can get a mount for an iPad like this -
2020-11-5
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07WX74JJV/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_tX7OFb1Y4YE13
2020-11-5
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Small suggestion if possible. If you bought it in store and it is still under warranty go exchange it for the Mini2 if possible.
2020-11-5
Use props
Dean
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

my tip will be: Avoid signal loss: The drone and the controler must be able to 'see' each other at all times. When line of sight (LOS) is broken then you will lose control of yr drone and then it can become lost or damaged.
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dean Posted at 11-5 02:01
my tip will be: Avoid signal loss: The drone and the controler must be able to 'see' each other at all times. When line of sight (LOS) is broken then you will lose control of yr drone and then it can become lost or damaged.

Good advice Dean
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello VinnieD, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. The iPhone XS is compatible to use with the Mavic Mini remote controller you just need to stretch out the smartphone holder from the remote controller and you will need to remove the phone case to fit it in. Although for the iPad Pro you might need to use an accessory that will be able to hold it properly, just like what DAFlys posted in comment #2. For the cable you can also refer to VanzPix posted link which is much longer compared to the cable that is offered in DJI Store which has standard length. In your question if the controller can put a little bit away from the mobile device, that is actually not recommended. During flight the mobile device should be connected to the remote controller to avoid disconnection issue or interruption. Just what Dean said in comment #5, you will need to avoid signal loss that my result the aircraft to fly away or crash. I hope you find the information helpful. Thank you.
2020-11-5
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Remember to keep it close. Mini Gen I is wifi, signal can get blown out by other wifi signals. Mini Gen II, has Ocusync, waay more robust signal and rock solid.
2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules