Battery Compatible with Mavic Mini?
3832 9 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Is it possible to use the Mavic Mini batteries in the DJI Mini 2?

2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Satstream. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery of the international version of DJI Mavic Mini are compatible with the international version of DJI Mini 2. Although the international version of DJI Mini 2 can use DJI Mavic Mini’s battery, the power will decrease and the total weight will exceed 250 g, requiring registration in some countries and regions. Please check local rules and regulations before use. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_Er6vEujkFJmV
New

Panama

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-5 02:26
Hello there Satstream. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery of the international version of DJI Mavic Mini are compatible with the international version of DJI Mini 2. Although the international version of DJI Mini 2 can use DJI Mavic Mini’s battery, the power will decrease and the total weight will exceed 250 g, requiring registration in some countries and regions. Please check local rules and regulations before use. Thank you and fly safe always.

And the charger?  Is it different from the Mini 1?

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the fly more bundle for the Mini 2.   I already have the fly more bundle for the Mini 1
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Er6vEujkFJmV Posted at 11-6 08:23

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the fly more bundle for the Mini 2.   I already have the fly more bundle for the Mini 1

I wouldn't use the old batteries - takes the weight over 250g which defeats the core purpose of the Mini series.
2020-11-6
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

A J Posted at 11-6 08:32
I wouldn't use the old batteries - takes the weight over 250g which defeats the core purpose of the Mini series.

Takes the weight up to ~257g.
2020-11-6
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_Er6vEujkFJmV Posted at 11-6 08:23

The batteries are 7.7 volt for the Mini 2 and 7.3 for the MM. Also the MM is Lithium Ion, the Mini 2 is LiPo type. One last note the Mini 2 batteries are more square shaped and will not fit in the MM. So very likely the charger is different!
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

unpluggeduk Posted at 11-6 13:34
Takes the weight up to ~257g.

Exactly - you’ll need to register
2020-11-7
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

A J Posted at 11-7 00:19
Exactly - you’ll need to register
Indeed

That wasn't the question though ;) the batteries do work and from tests don't appear to significantly alter flight time.

As for legality that's down to the operator and country and not DJI to police.
2020-11-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

unpluggeduk Posted at 11-7 04:42
Indeed

That wasn't the question though ;) the batteries do work and from tests don't appear to significantly alter flight time.

But the answer is part of it - yes the batteries work but if people are not aware of the weight implications it could lead to the individual being fined. The forum is about sharing knowledge to help each other rather than being pedantic in replies...
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_r3XTkkjJmXT6
lvl.1

United States

A J Posted at 2020-11-7 04:52
But the answer is part of it - yes the batteries work but if people are not aware of the weight implications it could lead to the individual being fined. The forum is about sharing knowledge to help each other rather than being pedantic in replies...

I’m curious how frequently FAA enforcers stop drone operators to make them weigh in on a scale.
2022-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules