Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI BAD SOFTWARE SUPPORT inconsideration
805 12 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Some time ago,i did a complaint about the not added features of Mavic Mini , with the Mini 2 release,they confirm what i did complaint for,i dont care about the 4k,i think Mavic Mini 1 is able to make it and store the pics,i don't really care if the pics are transfered at the moment by wifi or occusync,i can grab them from the microsd,that's the point of microsd at all ,, refrigeration problems for 4k? sensor is ok ,maybe it can't make 4k with our sensor because cpu overheats,,, but like i told you i dont care for 4k ,, 2,7k for my needings is very nice,,,the real scam comes over the INSOLENT DISABLING of the PANORAMA mode,and BOOMERANG quickshots,like LITCHI demonstrates,they are just a few parameters commanded to the drone,to make pictures here,here,and here,,, and the rest of the whole thing (panorama,planet) process is done by the app on the phone.

What this means? well,, like you know a drone is Hardware,firmware and app, once the functions code is written, i bet the 80% of the code between MM1 AND MM2 is same,they just need to enable only adding by copy/paste or simple code port the new PANORAMA/BOOMERANG functions to the firmware and ENABLING it on the DJIFLY Mavic Mini 1 app side (these functions are enabled onthe Mini 2 DJIFLY APP side) ...

Engineers and representatives of software from DJI would need to have a little of CONSIDERATION about this forum members fidelity for them , more when with the new release,thousands of new members are going to be registered at this forum and with our experience, we are going to resolve and help tons of doubts of those new MINI 2 owners incoming soon...we dont want money about this work,we make it with all our good faith , and i hope that software engineers have similar behaviour and release a new Mavic Mini 1 firmware at least adding BOOMERANG & PANORAMA functions and enabling them on our app side too....

Thanks and cheers for all

2020-11-5
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Hi, some time ago I had the same thought that you made a post about it and finally I drew the wrath of all the pro DJI who only told me that I Here is their saying 'you want a porch for the price of a small car' you just have to tell you that with the MINI we were the beta testers for the Mini 2 and that unfortunately I do not think that DJI does nothing more for the Mini
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I am semiagree,,, but like i comment you ,, the code is written now,it's not extra work,,even on the app,,,they just need to add the BOOMERANG & PANORAMA functions at the firmware and enable these functions on the app for Mavic Mini 1.
2020-11-5
Use props
mrbubbel
New

Germany

I feel the same. Its like buying an iphone but with software support thats ending when the next iphone releases after less than a year.
I understand that with the new hardware there are new things like occusync and 4k (even though 4k is probably just software)

But what the fuck about raw and panorama. Its just the same software. Add it to your product you just released less than a year ago.

Honestly that's my first and last dji product. I don't support scammy sales tactics.
2020-11-5
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 11-5 02:24
I am semiagree,,, but like i comment you ,, the code is written now,it's not extra work,,even on the app,,,they just need to add the BOOMERANG & PANORAMA functions at the firmware and enable these functions on the app for Mavic Mini 1.

I know that well but they won't. the only solution if you want additional option is to take a third-party application such as lychee for example which also works not too badly, but if you do you are liable to lose the warranty so it's a choice
2020-11-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

well bad company practice in action. you can be sure next year they will release the mini 3 with the only difference of having the new EU identification adn a couple of new quick shots, and higher frame rates in videos. and it will cost more because of that. That is actually stopping me from buying other dji products! so i will sell the mini and get the mini 2 and will try to avoid dji products as much as possible...
2020-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mrbubbel Posted at 11-5 02:31
I feel the same. Its like buying an iphone but with software support thats ending when the next iphone releases after less than a year.
I understand that with the new hardware there are new things like occusync and 4k (even though 4k is probably just software)

Honestly that's my first and last dji product. I don't support scammy sales tactics.

Yes ... isn't it terrible that DJI releases a new product that's got features their old model didn't have.
Imagine how it would be if car makers used scammy sales tactics like that.
DJI should have stopped further development after the Phantom 1.
2020-11-5
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Labroides Posted at 11-5 04:02

Yes ... isn't it terrible that DJI releases a new product that's got features their old model didn't have.

hello Labroides I understand your point of view well but I also understand the people who bought the Mini a short time ago and the frustration that these people may feel following the release of the Mini 2 a little while after their purchases
2020-11-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

hardware changes are understandable, however software cannot be excused especially for a product barely 1 year old - simplest example panorama mode...raw perhaps, etc...so there is no excuse at all for dji, especially after we beta tested the dji fly and the mini!
2020-11-5
Use props
mrbubbel
New

Germany

I don't know of any company that does this to be honest.
Every product i use gets updates. If new hardware is released the old one gets an update. Maybe not every function is available because of the old hardware not meeting some requirements but in the end most old devices get updates for at least a few years.

Not so with dji it seems. Its just a matter of unlocking the software functions. That's not even much work.
They want you to buy their new drone which is priced aprox. the same.
I can't even understand why anyone can defend dji in this situation. This is garbage.
2020-11-5
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Profit: this is the goal of any company, small or large. To be a leader in the segment, some decisions require certain sacrifices (ours or theirs), such as "killing" an excellent product for the "birth" of a better one. Any software improvement of the Mavic Mini, would take a part of that profit, after all, any time worked on it would cause losses and also many customers would stop buying the new Mini 2 knowing that the first version has everything he wants. Unfortunately, the people who are not going to exchange their old Mini and who feel hurt by the DJI's neglect with these customers are very small, and I include myself in that, because here in my country we suffer with the price being very, very high, due to the fact dollar cost R $ 5.87 in our currency, imagine the value of the simplest model US $ 449 x R$5.87 (currency conversion) + 80% (taxes and shipping) + costs and profit margin of the store. Impracticable.

2020-11-5
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Here is an article I read a few months ago. It's in French but Google is able to translate it into English ;)
you'll find some answers you ask yourself, the MM was dissecting.

https://www.helicomicro.com/2019/11/13/a-linterieur-du-dji-mavic-mini/
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Mate, thanks for Your excellent link about the article, this one confirms our suspects, but like I told above, I Am not discussing for 4k , My complaints are "Easy to go" , Panorama and Boomerang, like i explained above, they are simple written code functions to add on the firmware, and enable them on the New app for the DJI fly app mavic mini 1 side,its as simple as port them if the CPU if different, or just add them ir the CPU kernel is same,I doubt they havent space to set them according as Boomerang would be a similar quickshot functions with different params,so a few bytes of code space, maybe panorama is a bigger function code but I doubt that they dont have space to Make It, Litchi has proof about its a software related stuff
2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules