Using the wireless mic while livestreaming
6241 10 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi,

I got my pocket in yesterday (creator combo) and almost all the minor problems I had with the Osmo Pocket 1 are fixed with the pocket 2. Outstanding to see that DJI listens to his community. I also own a DJI Osmo Action, and I thought it would be fun to do a little test to see if you can use multiple cameras for live streaming. This all works fine (if you want to know how then leave me a comment and I'll explain in a different topic) and I was streaming live from two cameras to the web.

But the sound isn't good enough for a real live stream, so I thought to use the wireless mic. And here is my problem:
When I start a live stream on the Pocket, I get a message saying "Disconnecting wireless mic required before starting a live stream. If the wireless mic is required, reconnect after starting the live stream."

Ok, so I start the Livestream. I swipe down and left on the Pocket 2 until I get to the wireless mic option. Here I get the notice that the Mimo app will be disconnected if I connect the wireless mic. I confirm this and I can connect the mic perfectly. But I'm unable to connect through the Mimo app to the pocket. So I have great sound but no control. So I started over, didn't had the Mimo app connected and then I got a message that I could not use the 2.4ghz network or something.

So my conclusion is that both the wireless mic and the Mimo app use the same bandwidth (2.4ghz). Ok, but the all in one handle has more connection types. Bluetooth, Wifi 5.8ghz (shouldn't this be 5.0ghz?) but I cannot seem to find a way to connect my phone on those connections to the pocket.

So my question is. Why can I not select Bluetooth or 5.0ghz options to connect to my pocket. Is there a workaround I don't know off?

I hope it's clear. If you need more clarity, please say so.

Regards,

OmeSlikkum
2020-11-5
Use props
HuwReesPhotography
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm usually a big fan of DJI, but the fact that in 2020 a prosumer piece of kit can only seem to deal with one wireless connection at a time is downright ridiculous.
2020-11-7
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

sorry for the inconvenience. i shall explain what you come across.

wireless audio transmission works at 2.4g channel which may be affected by the signal  of bluetooth connection and 2.4g wifi.
In order to avoid getting wireless audio affected, bluetooth connection and 2.4g wifi connection is halted when wireless microphone is working.

For livestream, dji mimo app plays a role of setting up livesteam info(live platform, wifi name and password for pocket2 to connect) via bluetooth. When live is on, there is only some display work for dji mimo. it is completely OK to close dji mimo because pocket2 sends livestream via an open wifi directly to the platform. if wireless microphone is working during the live, dji mimo bluetooth connection is halted.
2020-11-7
Use props
Hug0o
New

France

Hi,

I really insisted but can't get the wireless microphone to work during a live.

He tells me that it's not possible because the wifi uses 2.4Ghz

So I configured my network in 5Ghz only, but cannot connect to it with the pocket 2 in this case ...

I also made sure to quit the application on my smartphone and switch off the bluetooth, but that didn't help either.

Is there really a way this works?

Thx
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_bDnQGDP9X6kq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354826 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue. I can't connect the Pocket 2 to a 5Ghz Wifi in order to use the Wireless mic - it just says it can't connect. Pretty frustrating as the wireless mic feature was one of the main reasons for buying it in order to do live streams outside. I wonder if this is a software glitch?
2020-12-16
Use props
FibreOptic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354826 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so i've done some digging and worked out what the issue is. It appears the Pocket 2 uses 5Ghz Wifi in the frequency of 5.725-5.850Ghz, this is channels 149 to 161. This is fine if you're in the US, however in the UK (where i'm based), those channels aren't available without a licence. This means that my standard UK Wifi doesn't support those frequencies, rendering the 5Ghz Wifi useless on the Pocket 2.

To prove this, I changed the location settings on my router to US, and chose channel 149.... bingo..... I can now connect the Pocket 2 to my 5Ghz Wifi and use the Wireless mic on 2.4Ghz as DJI intended.

This seems like a bit of an oversight from DJI. I am hoping there may be some updates coming to allow you to change the frequency/channel, but if not I will be returning it as it's sadly unfit for my intended purpose.
2020-12-16
Use props
FrankThomas
lvl.1

Japan

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I know @FibreOptic posted a possible solution, but my Pocket 2 doesn't seem to connect to my 5ghz connection, no matter which setting I change or channels I switch to. @dji-ytao, will you be offering a solution for this problem in a firmware update?
2021-2-11
Use props
fans04fab1d9
New

United States

Has anyone found a solution or work around so that you can Live Stream AND use the external mic?
2021-3-24
Use props
GuideDJI
New

Norway

same issue here. We have this fantastic gear, and we would love to be able to stream on the go.
I tried a version of what @fiberoptic proposed. I set up my galaxy S10+ as an open wifi hotspot over 5GHz, but got the same 2.4GHz error message. Both before and after i started the streaming.
2021-5-12
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

fans04fab1d9 Posted at 3-24 13:04
Has anyone found a solution or work around so that you can Live Stream AND use the external mic?

Hi
I am a new member.
I have been in contact with DJI about this problem.
You need to start the stream first then swipe down to the mic settings.
Touch the mic icon and you will get a message that you will be disconnected from the app.
Follow the instructions to connect mic.
You will no longer be able to reconnect to the app.
To stop the stream, you turn the mic off, swipe the screen from the left and end stream.
Good luck.
2021-6-18
Use props
djiuser_mzVlY6Tkv1IE
New

Netherlands

Hi,

I'm also new here and had the same issue. the way I solved it (after a lot of time spend) was by (the order seems to be key here):
1. Switch off  the wireless microphone and the DJI Pocket 2.
2. Reinstalling the app on phone.
3. Switch on the DJI and the app (I didn't log myself in!) and connect to the DJI until you see the camera working.
4. Setup a livestream using the app and wait for the stream to start you have a video on for example youtube (do not change anythinf on the DJY itself!).
5. Now switch on the wireless microphone and it will connect and transmitt the audio perfectly (you can check the LED on the mic).
Important! Do not disconnect the mic at any moment using the DJI menu itself, because then you won't get it connected until you reinstall the app again. This seems to be a bug.
6. If you want to disconnect the mic, just shut it off or on using the mic itself.

Now it seems to work stable for me. Hope this helps!
2021-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules