Will the Mavic mini receive an update for sphere and panorama?
2949 34 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30348 ft
Panama

I am somewhat sad to see that in less than a year my magic mini is nothing when compared to the latest Mavic mini 2. They have included some cool features such as photo sphere and panorama which I think they can throw into the old Mavic mini with a simple upgrade. It does suck to buy a drone with limited features as soon as it is released so that now a better and improved version is offered. I will rethink my next drone choice as I feel I just dumped 499USD.
2020-11-5
Use props
dragonattack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18596 ft
United Kingdom

I feel the same as you, but i only bought mine, fly more combo, 2 months ago, pretty peeved and that is putting it lightly!
2020-11-5
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

I am terrified of the new Dji policy.  Instead of solving the questions of the current Mini owners, they are releasing a new copter.  I won't buy their devices anymore
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo
lvl.1
Panama

Berhatz Posted at 11-5 06:57
I am terrified of the new Dji policy.  Instead of solving the questions of the current Mini owners, they are releasing a new copter.  I won't buy their devices anymore
Me too. I am looking already into getting a Hubsan Zino Pro+ that is cheaper and has better specs than the Mavic mini 2 and is cheaper than a Mavic mini. Got photospheres, panorama and even active tracking plus a sony sensor for the camera. This Mavic mini will be my first and last dji drone if I don't get any added features with a firmware upgrade soon!
Presale-Hubsan-Zino-PRO-Plus-GPS-5G-WiFi-8KM-FPV-with-4K-30fps-UHD-Camera-3.jpg
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry about the requested feature for the Mavic mini. Currently, Intelligent flight modes available with the Mavic mini are Quickshots, Dronie, Rocket, Circle and Helix. No worries though, I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo
lvl.1
Panama

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 08:50
Hello djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry about the requested feature for the Mavic mini. Currently, Intelligent flight modes available with the Mavic mini are Quickshots, Dronie, Rocket, Circle and Helix. No worries though, I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully we will still get updates or new features in our mavic minis. Don't forget that we bought this item hoping it to be a great drone to last for some years. It would be sad to see that it is left abandoned or forgotten! Have a great day!
2020-11-5
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo Posted at 11-5 09:01
Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully we will still get updates or new features in our mavic minis. Don't forget that we bought this item hoping it to be a great drone to last for some years. It would be sad to see that it is left abandoned or forgotten! Have a great day!

Which means in the DJI language, don't count on it lol
2020-11-5
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Russia

djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo Posted at 11-5 07:07
Me too. I am looking already into getting a Hubsan Zino Pro+ that is cheaper and has better specs than the Mavic mini 2 and is cheaper than a Mavic mini. Got photospheres, panorama and even active tracking plus a sony sensor for the camera. This Mavic mini will be my first and last dji drone if I don't get any added features with a firmware upgrade soon!

Good choice! I would like to buy this drone too
2020-11-5
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

You just mannually bracket them in Lightroom. Super simple, ive posted some on this forum.
2020-11-5
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Russia

Unfortunately you are lying!
2020-11-5
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Pretty much this!

Mine is only a month old and for now I am quite happy with it being my first drone and to test the waters into wether I would use it enougth given our ever changing laws.

I'm not annoyed at it being superseded (and the Mini 2 does indeed look tempting). The additional features such as 4K, Extra Wind Resistance, Better Battery Life stand out on their own as a reason to pick the MM2 over the MM1 or upgrade if you have had yours a while. Wind and Range seem to be the main gripes and both have been improved.

What i'm annoyed at is that purely software related features such as additional quickshots, panoromas which can all be done manually or by third party software and to a degree RAW have been added into the MM2 with a nice big software download and it would have been a nice surprise if these had been backported to the MM. Especially when they would at most, just require a firmware update and add things people have been asking for time and time again and show DJIs commitment to their current products.

I will be keeping my MM1 for at least a year however as someone else said if problems and feature requests are just ignored and simply rolled into new drones to speed up planned obselence then i'll also look at alternatives for my next drone when I want something bigger.

2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

We hope so, the maximum upgrade which your engineers have made for Mavic mini 1 after almost ten months is change the battery icon
2020-11-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I would be hard pressed to say no.  I think DJI will make some improvements to the firmware.  Probably just not at the frequency of the Mini 2.  Those improvements will probably be addressing safety and flight issues and not focused on adding feature.  But with the number of Mini owners they might add features based on hardware capabilities as a gesture to existing customers and encourage and retain future upgraders.  
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Humans will arrive Mars before that
2020-11-5
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

you forward our feedback to your developers whole last year and we get DJI Mini 2 instead of the requested update.
if I knew there would be such a significant update like DJI Mini2 in less than a year, I would never buy Mavic Mini.
2020-11-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo Posted at 11-5 07:07

I love posts like this, if you are only interested in the flying features there are plenty of model aircraft that does this already. What set's the mini apart from all these other toy drones is the CAMERA, none of these come anywhere close to DJI in terms of video quality/color. I went right to youtube, excited to maybe see video close to the Parrot Anafi or even the original mavic air only to see the same washed out muddy video up scaled to 4k and un watchable/usable in any production sense.
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Paladin looks a Bot, as soon as we just comment about no major upgrade for MM1 since one year ago,,, he always offers us the same excuse
2020-11-6
Use props
Mavixx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 993100 ft
Germany

Ya it's just the usual DJI blah blah blah.... I'm fed up
2020-11-6
Use props
Gonzo360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9652 ft
Spain

Yes.. please add this options to the Mavic Mini 1 !!!!! We deserve it!!
2020-11-6
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

I would imagine that DJI has performed some kind of marketing exercise and determined that abandoning the original Mini after only one year will not hurt original customer's goodwill towards DJI.

I acknowledge the argument that we got what we paid for in the Mini, but I think that it's a risky move by DJI to not provide MM2 capabilities to the MM1 that can be accomplished by software/firmware updates.

The MM2 is greatly differentiated from the MM1 by hardware enhancements, providing incredible range, wind resistance etc., so tossing MM1 owners a bone by giving some extra capabilities will not harm MM2 sales.

I also realize that enhancing the MM1 is a cost to DJI, but I think there will perhaps be a greater cost to them in lost repeat customers.

I personally do not trust them anymore.
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo
lvl.1
Panama

simplesimon Posted at 11-6 09:56
I would imagine that DJI has performed some kind of marketing exercise and determined that abandoning the original Mini after only one year will not hurt original customer's goodwill towards DJI.

I acknowledge the argument that we got what we paid for in the Mini, but I think that it's a risky move by DJI to not provide MM2 capabilities to the MM1 that can be accomplished by software/firmware updates.

Totally agree with you. Now it makes me think twice before buying anything with the DJI logo on it. I wouldn't want to spend another 500 to 600USD just to find out 6 months later they now offer a mini 3 with active tracking and a more compact controller. After watching the launch of the mini 2 and being stranded with an already new and outdated mini, I think they've lost me as a loyal customer!
2020-11-6
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

Seriously your mini is nothing when compared to the mini2? Please tell me you are being a little sarcastic...

Seen this time after time in the digital camera world.  As soon as Nikon or Cannon release a new model everyone gets upset that their camera isn't the newest anymore.  Then they want the next software update to open up all the features the newer model has.   Just like the drone world we are talking investing $1k to $5k in cameras so the emotion can get pretty intense at times.  I played the game of chasing the next camera model upgrade for several years before I realized that my camera still took the pictures it always did  and didn't stop working just because another model was out.  Since then I have passed up at least 4 upgrades and mastered my camera that still works like it always did.......

Remember the Mini is still capable.......

2020-11-6
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Canada

jwp721 Posted at 11-6 10:45
Seriously your mini is nothing when compared to the mini2? Please tell me you are being a little sarcastic...

Seen this time after time in the digital camera world.  As soon as Nikon or Cannon release a new model everyone gets upset that their camera isn't the newest anymore.  Then they want the next software update to open up all the features the newer model has.   I played the game of chasing the next camera for several years before I realized that my camera still took the pictures it always did.   Since then I have passed up at least 4 upgrades and mastered my camera that still works like it always did.   

Well, some, like you, will be content, others will not, and will vote with their feet, and abandon DJI next time they buy a drone.

Just saying.
2020-11-6
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

simplesimon Posted at 11-6 11:00
Well, some, like you, will be content, others will not, and will vote with their feet, and abandon DJI next time they buy a drone.

Just saying.

And Nikon and Canon  have lived this way for years.   Your feet really don’t  lay that deep of a track....
2020-11-6
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Canada

jwp721 Posted at 11-6 11:01
And Nikon and Cannon have lived this way for years.   Your feet really don’t  lay that deep of a track....

Ouch!

You win.  Over and out.
2020-11-6
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

And Nikon and Canon  have lived this way for years.   Your feet really don’t  lay that deep of a track....

Yes and that's going sooooooo well for them ;) Camera manafacturers maitained this in the past by the fact it was often too expensive to change lenses and accessories (a trait which is not a thing with a drone yet) and everyone was the same.

10 Years ago I would agree with you however recently Nikon added Eye AF into the Z series via a firmware update after stating it wouldn't have it and then bottling it. Maybe they are realising that when you screw your early adopters by bait and switching to a new model that annoyed customers = unhappy customers and it's no longer a 2 horse race, video matters to the new generations as does decent software on cameras and features. When the latest shiny shiny comes out from a competitor that starts to steal their thunder and they release a new drone only to find people don't snap it up from lack of trust they will wonder why.
This is why the top smartphone manfacturers now activly update older models for a couple of years with new OSs and features. When people feel they have gained value over the years it makes them more open to keeping the same supplier.

2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo
lvl.1
Panama

Sorry but in some cases it had to be stopped. Remember PCs back in the 90's? You bought a pentium IV and within a year it was already outdated. They had to settle down because people started to notice the abuse. You were encouraged to buy the latest but there was a better version available to launch. It was a fraud! Same thing here! You are tricking people into buying something and dropping it later so that if they want the new features they have to make another purchase instead of an upgrade. That is the main reason for me not to buy ever again any DJI product because you just showed me the way you do business and it's not nice! A drone that costs around 500USD is not cheap and it is really selfish for a company as big as DJI to engage in such practice on which a product is simply demoted or dropped aside within less than a year. You sold people a drone that, after providing tons of feedback of what could be improved, ends up being worthless when compared to the Mini 2.
Screenshot_20201106-152122.png
Screenshot_20201106-152302.png
2020-11-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I use my mini for photos mainly and even with raw (after having looked at some samples on line) there isnt a huge case for me to get a mini 2. If all you need to do is put your camera in the air and take a photo then mini 1 is fine. The jpeg engine is pretty good for the mini 1 I was quite surprised at the difference in the examples online between the mini 2 raw and jpeg images definitely some conversion magic there. Would be really interesting to see direct image comparison between the 1 and 2 pretty sure will be minimal.
2020-11-6
Use props
Gonzo360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9652 ft
Spain

I hope they add the panorama function to the mini 1 on the next fly app update
2020-11-10
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

By far, the biggest advantage that the Mini 2 would give me over the Mini 1 is OccuSync.  Here in the RF congested Los Angeles basin, WiFi interference is the norm, so OccuSync would help.  However, that is not enough to get me to upgrade.  Largely none of the rest of it matters.
2020-11-10
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I know what you mean, feeling the same!
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo
lvl.1
Panama

Well now hubsan is giving the fight back and I think the New Zino Mini will be my next drone. 40 minutes battery, active track, mission planner, 3d position sensor, 4K video, 249g, wind resistance level 5, 6x zoom, night enhanced vision, panorama and photo sphere, and for the same price of the mavic mini 1. This is definitely a in your face to DJI!!!
hubsan-zino-mini-pro-03.jpg
Hubsan-ZINO-MINI-PRO-800x445-1.jpg
2021-6-5
Use props
djiuser_nCc8xnjbrNPt
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-11-5 08:50

I'm unable to start a new topic or find an appropriate topic to reply to, as it keeps saying I don't have authorization to post.

I am using a mavic mini, but based on videos online I am not the only person, and the mini is not the only dji product to have this issue. It seems that there is frame dropping, causing very poor footage quality.

It seems that once per second a frame drops, causing it to jump forward a tiny bit. This is not the jerky looking footage caused by high shutter speed. If anything having shutter speed at 1/2x frame rate makes the dropped frames more noticeable.

This happens at 2.7k and 1080, regardless of the playback device. It seems pretty pervasive online and it seems like for the most part everyone just ignores it.

Using top of the line SanDisk memory cards and i7 with 32 gb ram. It's not a playback issue. Going frame by frame in video editing you can see the jump.

It's driving me mad, because a lot of situations it makes the footage unusable.
2021-6-9
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_Au5Brw2xhnGo Posted at 6-5 11:58
Well now hubsan is giving the fight back and I think the New Zino Mini will be my next drone. 40 minutes battery, active track, mission planner, 3d position sensor, 4K video, 249g, wind resistance level 5, 6x zoom, night enhanced vision, panorama and photo sphere, and for the same price of the mavic mini 1. This is definitely a in your face to DJI!!!

But no one in the real world has had a chance to try any of these features yet. It may be able to do them but how well? It will be interesting to see how they manage to get 40 mins of flight time out of a small, light-weight battery.
2021-6-10
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Using top of the line SanDisk memory cards

Which uSD card?  A large portion of recorded video issues with the Mini are due to uSD cards not able to keep up.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules