DJI Mini 2 - Does it allow the Mavic Mini 1 batteries?
26482 18 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

Mavic Mini 2 - Does it allow the Mavic Mini 1 batteries?
Are they the same?
2020-11-5
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

They are NOT the same. Mini 2 has LiPo batteries. Original Mini has Li Ion batteries. These are NOT interchangeable.
2020-11-5
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

I was already afraid of that - Too bad.
Would have made the upgrade a little more easy.
2020-11-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Wait for DJI to confirm this or not, from all the videos they do fit and the drone does power on, I'm not saying it'll work but let's at least wait for video evidence or DJI to outright Confirm they can't.
2020-11-5
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161604 ft
United States

Considering LiPo's need to be at storage charge when not used (to be safe), I wonder how we can do this. The charger does a full charge and the drone runs them down to LVC. Sounds like this might need to be considered.
2020-11-5
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use MM1 batteries on MM2 international version but not vise versa.  DJI confirmed this in the FAQs.
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello GregT., thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. The battery for the Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery for the international version is compatible to the international version of the DJI Mini 2. But the power will decrease and the total weight will exceed 250g wherein some countries and regions may required registration. Please check the local rules and regulations in your area before using it. Below is that screenshot from the FAQ in DJI official website for the Mavic Mini 2.  https://www.dji.com/mini-2/faq. I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you.

2020-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So it is compatible?
2020-11-6
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-6 00:40
So it is compatible?

Yes, however the weight of the drone will be 257g.

I don't know what the rules are in the Netherlands (of if you care) however in the UK it's highly unlikely the popo will come along with some scales and weigh your drone unless you were being silly.
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

unpluggeduk Posted at 11-6 13:33
Yes, however the weight of the drone will be 257g.

I don't know what the rules are in the Netherlands (of if you care) however in the UK it's highly unlikely the popo will come along with some scales and weigh your drone unless you were being silly.

It seems unlikely!
2020-11-6
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I doubt the police have scales in their cars unless they are for finding drugs
2020-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

unpluggeduk Posted at 11-6 14:27
I doubt the police have scales in their cars unless they are for finding drugs

Or when there are massive complaints about drones flying over buildings etc.
2020-11-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew my new Mini 2 all over the place today with a Mini 1 battery installed. There was little wind so it was no issue.

However, according to my scale, the Mini 2 battery is much lighter at 80 grams, while the Mini 1 battery is 100 grams, so a Mini 2 with a Mini 1 battery would weight about 257? grams (237+20). These weights are for FCC versions.
Fortunately all my drones are registered under my name ;-)

I am already wondering if the Mini 2 battery could be jammed somehow into a Mini 1 and lose 20 grams, now available for options without inducing payload mode.

2020-11-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-6 20:04
I flew my new Mini 2 all over the place today with a Mini 1 battery installed. There was little wind so it was no issue.

However, according to my scale, the Mini 2 battery is much lighter at 80 grams, while the Mini 1 battery is 100 grams, so a Mini 2 with a Mini 1 battery would weight about 269 grams. These weights are for FCC versions.

It's been posted a few times, DJI's auto response is to say it's only possible with the JP international version and the use of mm1 batteries will cause the mini 2 to no longer weigh 249 or in the JP 199, so you would have to register it. If you don't mind registering your drone, fly away with your mm1 batteries but understand you loose out on performance.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766
2020-11-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-7 02:46
It's been posted a few times, DJI's auto response is to say it's only possible with the JP international version and the use of mm1 batteries will cause the mini 2 to no longer weigh 249 or in the JP 199, so you would have to register it. If you don't mind registering your drone, fly away with your mm1 batteries but understand you loose out on performance.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228305&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766

All my drones are covered under my registration already.
2020-11-8
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-6 20:04

However, according to my scale, the Mini 2 battery is much lighter at 80 grams, while the Mini 1 battery is 100 grams, so a Mini 2 with a Mini 1 battery would weight about 269 grams. These weights are for FCC versions.

Great info, thanks!  And if you have other drones registered under the recreational rules as you do, you would just have to mark the Mini 2 and you would be set.
2020-11-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ruzhye Posted at 11-8 07:22
Great info, thanks!  And if you have other drones registered under the recreational rules as you do, you would just have to mark the Mini 2 and you would be set.

Yes, that is correct.
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_LG7nTcYRpIHq
New

United States

I like my original Mavic Mini batteries. The Mavic Minis have gotten progressively heavier and their batteries have gotten progressively lighter as a result. So, regarding weight issues stick with the battery that came with your Machine. However, if you’re like me here in Taiwan just register your Machine and enjoy the experience of a compact design with a plethora of options.
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_LG7nTcYRpIHq
New

United States

I like my original Mavic Mini batteries. The Mavic Minis have gotten progressively heavier and their batteries have gotten progressively lighter as a result. So, regarding weight issues stick with the battery that came with your Machine. However, if you’re like me here in Taiwan just register your Machine and enjoy the experience of a compact design with a plethora of options.
2023-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules