Raveneye: No video from Sony A6600 with usb-cable plugged into ca...
4409 8 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi!

Just received the RS2 combo yesterday. And I have a problem.

Setup:
- Sony A6600
- RS2 with Raveneye
- Cable properly connect (HDMI & USB-cable to control the camera)

Now the problem: When the USB-control cable is connected to the A6600, I don't get a proper video signal. There is a signal, but everythings grey. That's on the RS2 display and the app. Controlling the camera works mostly fine (only the focus wheel doesn't control the focus - it's doing nothing)

When I remove the USC control cable, the video signal is immediately there. I plug the USB-cable back in - no signal.
Additional info: I tried both USB-cables - the Sony multi cable -> No HDMI issues, but also no HDMI picture. Other mutli-cable: see my listed problems.

Anyone any idea? Help very appreciated.

2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with the DJI RS2 and the Raveneye. As the USB-C control cable will occupy the bandwidth of the processor on the Sony cameras, Sony currently put the higher priority of the USB-C signal than the HDMI signal. That is the reason why we cannot get the video signal on the Ronin app.

We have already noticed this issue and currently are finding solution with the Sony. We suggest you to use the Sony Muti camera cable that enables you to get the signal from the HDMI.

For the camera and Raveneye compatibility info please check:
1)https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2
2)https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... atibilityListen.pdf
2020-11-6
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Well - the video signal is there. The problem source is different: The Sony USB multi cable is not connecting at all, only cable no 3 (multi USB) and this blocks the video signal. But only with the RS2. When I add a recorder or screen to the HDMI port and an USB cable to the USB port (for example a grip with record button) it works just fine. Your recommendation to use the Sony multi cable makes no sense - it is not working at all. Also when Raveneye is not connected.

And I never mentioned the USB-C control cable. The A6600 doesn't have an USB-C port. ;)

And my A6600 is on the compatibility list.
Regarding your links: The first one results in an 404 error and the second also results in an error message  - Access denied.
2020-11-6
Use props
ralejo
lvl.1

United States

Hey, I noticed this same thing with my A7SII...the weird thing is though is that if I switch the mode dial to a photo mode (M, A, S, etc.), then both the RS2 and the app show the image.  It's only when it's in video mode that they image goes to gray.  I have no idea why this would be, but I figure DJI's engineers can figure out why.  Also, I'm using just the HDMI out and the USB-multi cable as you described.
2020-11-6
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I didn’t try that before I read your post. And yes - same thing here with all my Sonys. A bit unsatisfying;)
2020-11-7
Use props
dzchohfi
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi guys, I'm having the same issues here. Any news from DJI?
2020-11-7
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I had contact to DJI support, but no response yet. It is a bit strange that there seems to be no real effort to solve this obvious problem.
2020-11-7
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

STILL no answer or reaction from DJI. Nothing. I mean: I really have no problem with issues, and sh't can always happen, but not reacting at all and treating your customers like this. That is simply a sign that you are not interested in your customers.

Bottom line: RS2 is useless. Nobody should buy it - at least not the combo. Better burn your money - that is more fun. And don't forget: You never buy the product - you buy the seller.
2020-11-17
Use props
finaleditor
lvl.1

United States

It is an old topic, I had same problem but I have noticed they 2 different cable looks like same one of them just for sony multiport, if you use that one it works. I was using other usb cable and it wasn't working.
2021-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules