Only top USB-C output powers accessories?
8238 15 2020-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

Hey guys,
just got my RS 2 (upgrading from S) and so far I'm not sure if I really like it. Build quality and all that is really nice though, the weight reduction is awesome too. But there is some issues:

- There is this weird 12mm rod with the focus motor, so I have to switch out the rod and mount if I want to use my Tilta Nucleus Nano motor with a 1st AC pulling focus remotely.
- 12V outputs are gone. So I can't power my Blackmagic Pocket 4k from the gimbal anymore - that alone is a really big problem.

And now for my biggest problem:
- Only the top USB-C port seems to be powering my Nucleus Nano motor unit. The other ports work for the DJI focus motor, powering the Raven Eye unit and all that but they don't power the Tilta motor. If I connect it to the top port I lose trigger functionality for my camera though.

Is anybody running a similiar setup and can confirm this for me?
Thanks a lot!
2020-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for your question on the powering port. We have forwarded your voices to our engineers for the confirmation, will let you know once we have the results.

Thank you.
2020-11-6
Use props
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 05:32
Hello there, thank you for your question on the powering port. We have forwarded your voices to our engineers for the confirmation, will let you know once we have the results.

Thank you.

Perfect, thanks a lot.
I can imagine the ports remain unpowered if they are missing a handshake between the USB-C controller and the connected device. If that's the case this should be an easy fix in software.
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_3Wi1CR0FBK1s
New

United States

Ssaumlsch Posted at 11-6 08:39
Perfect, thanks a lot.
I can imagine the ports remain unpowered if they are missing a handshake between the USB-C controller and the connected device. If that's the case this should be an easy fix in software.

Same issue. Thank you for raising it.
Also, the USB-port is switched off when the gimbal is put into sleep mode, so the Nano motor gets powered off and any motor calibrations are lost.
2020-11-7
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

the RS-2 does not deliver enough power to operate the nucleus-n : -(
2020-11-7
Use props
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_3Wi1CR0FBK1s Posted at 11-7 14:12
Same issue. Thank you for raising it.
Also, the USB-port is switched off when the gimbal is put into sleep mode, so the Nano motor gets powered off and any motor calibrations are lost.

Oh didn't even test this further, that sucks too... The old Ronin S didn't cut power to those 12V (?) outputs under the camera when put in sleep mode, so you didn't lose calibration.
2020-11-7
Use props
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

Indio Posted at 11-7 15:54

It does. Try the top USB-C port, the one you connect to the camera (in my case a BMPCC 4k). I really think this is firmware related, the gimbal expects  some sort of communication with the other end of the USB cable and if there is no answer it just doesn't enable power output. The top port defaults to 5V in any case for some reason.
2020-11-7
Use props
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

Indio Posted at 11-7 15:54

This weekend I did some further tests and while the top USB-C port delivers power to my Nucleus N motor, it only does 5V. In case of the N-motors that means reduced torque compared to the 12V the Ronin S was suppling. My Sigma Art lenses don't are particularly tight on the focus but with quick pulls the motor still struggles with the resistance on only 5V
2020-11-15
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

what i said before ; -)
2020-11-15
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

RS2 is a big disappointment:

Raveneye don't allow multi view connections but just one monitor connection app. So the director can’t have his personal monitor. The focus puller can’t have his personal monitor.

No 12v from RS2 for powering camera or another device.

Back to the Stone Age
2020-11-16
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

totally agree...these gimmicks are just blenders...its not made for professional work
dji want you to buy a huge R2....but these size gimbals are not made for lightweight and  flexible work
stone age thinking indeed!
2020-11-17
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I am thinking to sell the RS2 and waiting for the next Zhiyun Crane Pro V4. They have Transmount V2 (HD transmitter) wich permit 3 viewers at same time (cameraman, focus puller, director) and they will allow 12v to powering few devices.
2020-11-17
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I am thinking to sell the RS2 and waiting for the next Zhiyun Crane Pro V4. They have Transmount V2 (HD transmitter) wich permit 3 viewers at same time (cameraman, focus puller, director) and they will allow 12v to powering few devices.
2020-11-17
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I have the big Freefly Movi pro with Movicontroller but I use it rarely because it’s too heavy. Now you can work with lightweight camera like Zcam F6/S6, Komodo, BMCC 6k...
Big rig will collapse...
2020-11-17
Use props
peashooterfilms
lvl.1

Australia

I have the exact same issue. It is really disappointing that this was not made clear earlier. Not good enough for a PRO piece of equipment. Can't use it on a full service production. Hopefully it will be fixed with firmware.
2020-11-29
Use props
peashooterfilms
lvl.1

Australia

Hi. So I have come up with an expensive workaround. I am using a 50wh mini v mount battery. This allows me to use D-Tap power. I could split the HDMI and add the RavenEye to this too. I shoot in full service production so I have to transmit the the video village, so will probably just use a receiver and small monitor if I need. Frustrating, but it's neat and works.
2020-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules